Stompie's various blood bowl teams

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Stompie's various blood bowl teams

Post by Stompie »

Madsherman wrote:Just tried rinse aid... NOT the same.. Not danish rinse anyways :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that always sounded a bit courageous to me, to be honest.

Anyway, as they are all together after a game I played against Eric's killer underworld team this week (Eric is also a Dane, albeit London based, for a tenuous connection, Madsherman), here is a pic of my chaos pact team in two halves. The game was a draw. My concentration was not helped by Geggster offering uncharitable views from the sidelines about all manner of things, from what a weird match up it was, which I thought was part of the fun, to Eric's Danish accent, where does have a point to be fair. An enjoyable game. Nice as nobody died even though half the players on the pitch had mighty blow or claw or both.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

The second half of my chaos pact team.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

So i took the tip and used dheneb stone with purple mixed in for skin. The hand does stop him looking menacing and a bit comedy, even lewd. The size of the hand also makes it more likely he will get killed very soon as it advertises that he's actually quite dangerous if the ball gets loose, now picking up on a two even if the ball is heavily marked and two chances at dodging away on a two with a reroll. With a niggling injury, we'll just have to see.

Metalface13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Metalface13 »

I didn't realize the Gaspez minis were that much bigger than the GW 3rd editions. Nice looking high elf blitzer, btw.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Metalface13 wrote:I didn't realize the Gaspez minis were that much bigger than the GW 3rd editions. Nice looking high elf blitzer, btw.
Thank you! Played my first game with them against "Ooartractor" on Tuesday. He played necros. Starter teams. His great match report (he won one nil; grrrr):

"Good evening sports fans, we're here for the long awaited match-up between the Edinheim Bodythieves Reserve side and the haughty Targaryan Firedragons. These sides were due to meet a few weeks ago but unfortunate sickness delayed the contest. Still it meant the Bodythieves' Stadium was completed in time for its inaugural test game. As is usual in these situations the reserve side has been put out incase there is some kind of collapse, those stands have been built from centuries old tombs you know.

Let's get on with the action, Here are your first half highlights:

Second half now and here are the thieves' receiving and yes, it looks like a slow grind up the pitch.

Still grinding.

Still grinding.

Oh my at last, in turn 11 we have a casualty! The fans have been slightly woken from their stupor. Here comes the doctor... no, it's only a badly hurt. Back to sleep everyone.

Small scare here as the firedragons finally get a hit on the carrier in the penultimate turn and down he goes. Can it be recovered? YES IT IS! Touchdooooooooooooooown! Excitement abounds here in the dying moment of the game.

Thanks for joining us, next week the Wall Paint-dryers versus the Grass Growers. Join us then for zzzzz.....

[Highlights look dull but a fun game, look forward to another one soon stompie]"

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Bit of a gaspez month. Bought em three years ago or so. That's how backed up my lead pile is. This is the chaos dwarf with blunderbuss. Online commentators seem to indicate he was not worth painting for use either with my Pact or CWs. Shame. He's fun. Anyone had good use of him in a game?

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

My Stunty Leeg project continues apace. These are for Albion Fae. Well, the Chaos Star Player is there for size comparison and the ice giant is from Blood Rage and just there so I can express my annoyance at how the base has warped (I sprayed it in half orcs undercoat, fine, and left it overnight in shed to dry and maybe the cold warped it or something). Maybe will warp back if I spray the underside of the base like balsa used to when I made model aeroplanes.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Slowly painting a couple of converted beastmen for Nurgle team.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Cannot wait to paint that squig. Can't beat GW nineties minis for character. Kev Adams? It's party not my stunty leeg programme.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

Stompie wrote:Cannot wait to paint that squig. Can't beat GW nineties minis for character. Kev Adams? It's party not my stunty leeg programme.
who makes the female dwarf here? i ordered a dwarf blood weiser babe from Star Player minis, and it's a good sculpt, but it's seems a bit small compared to the rest of my dwarf team. i wouldn't finding another mini that fits the scale a little better.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

mikeyc222 wrote:
Stompie wrote:Cannot wait to paint that squig. Can't beat GW nineties minis for character. Kev Adams? It's party not my stunty leeg programme.
who makes the female dwarf here? i ordered a dwarf blood weiser babe from Star Player minis, and it's a good sculpt, but it's seems a bit small compared to the rest of my dwarf team. i wouldn't finding another mini that fits the scale a little better.
There was a Kickstarter called clan mcfiggin by oathsworn miniatures. Lovely. All of them. Sitting in lead pile. See the third edition wood elves I am slowly building up. I still need more linemen, throwers and catchers. I have loads to swap on this link: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42925

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Stompie wrote:See the third edition wood elves I am slowly building up. I still need more linemen, throwers and catchers.
I seem to have some spare Woodies:
  • 3 Wardancers
  • 3 Lineelfs
  • 1 Catcher
  • 1 Thrower
Fair warning: German postage rates are rather expensive!

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

Thanks for the info. I checked their site, but it doesn't look like those minis are for general sale at the moment. Oh well, I'll have to check back another time.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Regash wrote: Fair warning: German postage rates are rather expensive!
It's not that bad. 3,70€ for untraced (add 2,50€ for traced)

Regash

Post by Regash »

Pedda wrote:It's not that bad. 3,70€ for untraced (add 2,50€ for traced)
That's national shipment.
To UK it's about 11 € traceable.
And to be honest, I wouldn't like to ship other than traceable.