SSB Chaotic Minotaur now for sale at Impact!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

velvet mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: SSB Chaotic Minotaur now for sale at Impact!

Post by velvet mark »

Yeah great paint jobs Pitch Invader and Norse! I like the white fur on red , something id never have considered. Mini looks great, the casting looks very crisp and for $15 an absolute steal.

Reason: ''
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

it's an unusual colour scheme - I needed him to look demonic to fit the theme of the team.. after painting him up I finished the rest of my beastmen, so I now have a full Chaos team.. just need to finish some RR counters/coach then I'll take some pics of them as a group...

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

I know, I know, I'm a thread necromancer...
But I just didn't want to start a new thread for this.

So, I bought me this magnificent Minotaur by Pedro Ramos and I'm really happy with it.
But as it comes with three options for the right arm, I thought about doing my first magnet job, so I could use all three options if necessary.

Has anyone any experience with using magnets with this mini or using magnets at all?

I do have some 2mm neodym magnets and the stump of the arm has already a hole where I could fit one perfectly.
I know I have to make sure the magnets are alligned in the right way so they will attract and not repell each other.
Anything else I need to take care of?
How do I find the correct spot to drill the hole for the magnet in the optional pieces?

howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

What I did to make things easier was to put all my magnets together in a line, then used a permanent marker on the top side of the first one, take that off, then the top of the 2nd, etc. Makes it easier to know which side is which when you are gluing them individually.

Fix the magnet in the main body first, then put a blob of paint on the top of the magnet and then fit an arm up against it - then drill a hole where the paint is and put a magnet in. If you really want to ensure the joint really works, drill the hole in the body of the model a bit deeper and put two magnets in there. It will make it a stronger attraction.

Regash

Post by Regash »

The permanent marker idea was suberb, really.
Only I attached the magnet to the body first and then let the other magnets connect and marked them right before gluing into the optional part.

I would have loved to get two magnets into the body but still it's just the stump of an arm so I didn't dare to drill that deep.

Thanks for the tips, worked out pretty good and was easier than I thought.

Since I still have issues with the stability of the raised arm of my Grashnakh Blackhoof mini, I'm thinking about using magnets there as well now.