What are you painting Right Now?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Re: What are you painting Right Now?

Post by mikeyc222 »

thanks jim!
i'm actually fortunate enough to have an original Zara mini, but i saw someone else that did this conversion on the FB blood bowl community group and i knew i had to do one too. heck... my original Zara isn't even paint yet, but i wanted to get this one finished and officially off of the hobby desk before i started my next project.
maybe GW will continue to add minis to the made to order program and give other people the opportunity to pick up an original Zara without over paying like we both did...

Reason: ''
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Do you have a link?

Rick Sanchez lives!
Jim O'Connor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jim O'Connor »

yeah, my Zara is still waiting for paint too, think I was on an Amazon high at the time hence the purchase....painting lucky the unicorn was fun though and certainly one of my manliest of miniatures....
started a Bertha Bigfist conversion around the same time which is still waiting to be completed. unfortunately I'm quite severely allergic to green stuff and milliput etc so as much as I love converting minis it requires me having to be prepared for about a week of pain and discomfort each time I use the stuff, well green stuff anyway milliput is a trip to A&E a lot of pain :( the made to order stuff is awesome but it has been a bit heartbreaking seeing teams I paid a small fortune for now available at reasonable prices but if it helps the game grow in popularity it's all good I suppose and if I can pick up some of the star players on my not got list that's even better.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

@bfg - are you talking to me? a link to the original conversion i saw on FB? it was months ago and i have no idea who did the original that i copied. if you weren't talking to me... my bad. :)

@jim - i got lucky enough to buy an old zon team complete with original Lucky Luc painted by a pro painter from a former league mate at a really good price. i'm happy to see the old 3rd ed teams coming back in MtO. i hope there will be more to come as there are still a couple of small gaps in my collection. come on 5th ed minotaur! :)

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Khemri aren't as bad as you think, you have Sure Hands when you pick up the ball so it's not *that* bad. Then you put down your d6 and pick up your block dice ;)

There's no plan B when things go wrong though. But how often does that happen in Blood Bowl?

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

@jim: that sounds like a horrible allergy, especially when you interferes with your hobby! :(

@mikey: I really like it, the colors are really clear and it almost looks like it was constructed from separate pieces of colored plastic. I use Vallejo Game colors too, but mine never comes out that good. I'm starting to use some of the Model colors, and they seem to be pretty nice. What color red did you use? That seems to be the one I have the most trouble with.

@rolo: I only used them one game. Tried to pick up the ball 2-3 times, every time, a fail. Granted, I wasn't thinking about the low AG on the Thro-Ra at first. By the time I realized how hard that was going to be, I couldn't get enough of my dummies to maybe catch the bounce. The Chaos Dwarfs had their Bull Centaurs barreling down on me in no time. I was used to playing Elves/Humans at the time, so I was pretty disgusted with the Khemri and dropped that team. Having more experience now, I'd probably do a bit better and at least know that the Thro-Ra is going to need a lot of help.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

faust_33 wrote:@mikey: I really like it, the colors are really clear and it almost looks like it was constructed from separate pieces of colored plastic. I use Vallejo Game colors too, but mine never comes out that good. I'm starting to use some of the Model colors, and they seem to be pretty nice. What color red did you use? That seems to be the one I have the most trouble with.
i used bloody red and gory red with a red wash. gory base coat, red wash in the recesses, a little clean up with gory red again, then highlights with bloody red. using the lighter color primer has a lot to do with it too. if you use a dark primer, the colors will be muted.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Yea, I almost always prime white. I primed with a 'base' color recently and then had to scratch my head on how to paint other colors on top of that.

I have both of those reds. I also have Scarlet red, and maybe that is what I was laying down first. I don't have a red wash, so that might be part of it as well.

It's been at least a year since I last painted, so I'm hoping all the tricks I've been reading about really pay off when I finally find the time!

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

finished clear coating, added static grass, and took better pics.

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Finished a few figures recently,

A new addition to my Chaos Pact team

Plus the awesome obese rat

And finally so of the hungry troll goblins I picked up at the Naf champs

http://firebreatherminis.000webhostapp. ... allery.jpg

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

@firebreather: is that a two-headed Orc? That's awesome. Also love that Goblin team you linked. Do you have any closer pics?

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

faust_33 wrote:@firebreather: is that a two-headed Orc? That's awesome. Also love that Goblin team you linked. Do you have any closer pics?
Yes two headed orc to represent the Tweedles from Alice in wonderland, More pics of the goblins on my website, mainly hungry troll goblins with a few oddities thrown in, they sort of look like a team.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

firebreather wrote:
faust_33 wrote:@firebreather: is that a two-headed Orc? That's awesome. Also love that Goblin team you linked. Do you have any closer pics?
Yes two headed orc to represent the Tweedles from Alice in wonderland, More pics of the goblins on my website, mainly hungry troll goblins with a few oddities thrown in, they sort of look like a team.
Those are some great minis. Love the Hot Dog vendor/Bombardier and Toy horse/Pogo'er!

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Finished and sealed the first five ogres for Grotty Phyton's Flying Circus!

Played them Sunday and both scores were the results of flying snots :D

Painting two more ogres, then moving on to the staff, featuring WWI German tournament gobbos :smoking:

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

:o Digger played a team that didn't need to be resurrected?

:wink: :orc: