Aino's Chaos Pact

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Aino's Chaos Pact

Post by Aino »

Axtklinge wrote:Love what you're doing with those minis!
The crab guy looks great (in chaotic terms, of course)!
:D
I like the fact that you love my work ;)
Did some work on Crabman this evening and I'm proud to say I think he's improving still (in a chaotic way)

W

Reason: ''
Fighting signature size creep ;)
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Not so many new things to show...

Just a in my opinion finished Crabman
What do you think?

I actually have my first game with the Pact team (called "Union Mutante"° tomorrow). I hope they are as fun to play as to put together ;)
After the game (an possible comments on Crabman) I'll get a lick of paint on the 2 first finished players. Which brings me to the next question: which team colours to use? These last few hours I've been thinking green and white but last week I would have said Red and black...
Any tips?

W

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Crab man looks great - but did you have to butcher Frank N Stein to get that left arm?!?

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Fassbinder75 wrote:Crab man looks great - but did you have to butcher Frank N Stein to get that left arm?!?
You've recognised the left arm, I'm impressed!
I didn't HAVE to butcher Frank... I already did in the past ;) I had 2 Franks to use as flesh golems for my Necromantic team, and I'm not so fond of identical mini's on a team (especially for the positionals) hence the arm swap. Frank's arm jus happened to lie around in my bitz box, and Crabman was in need of a hand in case he actually wanted to pick up the ball rather than split it in half...

W

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Quick update not on the miniatures but on the first results of the pact team...

The rookies won their first game 1-0 against a rookie full positionals orc team (4Black orcs, 4 Blitzers, 2 Goblins, 1 Thrower).
Opted to go "all in", and got the 3 big guys from the start. It proved to be "just enough" against the orcs (with all their ST4 and block). Only major mistake from my side was how I used the mino. He got carried away and isolated while blitzing, resulting in him getting BH turn 6.
Didn't manage to score in offense and with 5 KO'd and injuried players by turn 6 I feared all was lost. Luckily we started the 2nd half only 1 player down (7 against 8!).
2nd half the Troll and Ogre played a massive game stopping the orcs from advancing and sacking the ballcarrier...
Gambled and won. Got more than I deserved really. A draw would have been a fair result.

W

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Did some work on the Dark elf over the last couple of days...
After some slight touch ups which are still needed on the shoulder and the replced foot I think he's about finished...

What do you think?

W

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Nice...
Can't wait to see those guys with ink!

Keep 'em coming!
:)

Edit: The crab looks even cooler than before. Congrats!

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Axtklinge wrote:Can't wait to see those guys with ink!
You'll be pleased to hear then that Dog Boy and Crabman have been undercoated yesterday ;)
Not sure when I really will start painting them. Still unsure about the colour for the team as well. But I'll probably pick up the brushes next weekend.
Axtklinge wrote: The crab looks even cooler than before. Congrats!
Thank you! (I like him better too now)

W

axiom
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by axiom »

The elf looks great. The extra arm works well, but I think the subtle foot swap is really nice. Where's the foot from?

http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

axiom wrote:The elf looks great. The extra arm works well, but I think the subtle foot swap is really nice. Where's the foot from?
The foot comes from a mid-90's Fiend of Slaanesh
http://www.solegends.com/citcat1996usfb ... 078-02.htm

I'm planning to use another foot like this one for one of the other marauders as well... Hope to get some "consistency" in mutations to get the miniatures look like they fit together (Same claw on 2 players, same Fiend of Slaanesh foot on 2 players, a couple of dog themed marauders,...)

W

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

No pictures of progress as there is little to show as I haven't been able to complete a player this week. What's worse is that I managed to screw up on the goblin cutting too much and breaking a foot; which means I need to look for a replacement mini...
In the journey of the project I had to expect some up and downs... definitely in a down period at the moment :(

W

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Great work all around! I am also using and collecting 2ed minis for a Pact team but they will not be nearly as unique and glorious as yours! Well done, sir! Keep those pics coming, the process is fascinating!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

SunDevil wrote:Great work all around! I am also using and collecting 2ed minis for a Pact team but they will not be nearly as unique and glorious as yours! Well done, sir! Keep those pics coming, the process is fascinating!
Thank you for the encouragements. I kinda need it at the moment after the big screw-up with the goblin :blue:
W

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Real life got the better of me this week. My other hobby as well (for those interested; 1 beehive is doing great the other not so much.. but it look like I will have my first harvest of honey in 3-4 weeks time :orc: ).

Progress is small and slow... I warned you all about this from the start ;)
I did some work on the marauder going by the name of Montgomery "Python". He deserves some attention as he has been the one scoring the winning TD (1-0) in my currently only game with pact. I'll be trying to finish modelling/greenstuffing him by the end of the weekend as my second game is coming up (Tuesday).

Pictures to come this weekend!

W

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

You keep bees? Kick-ass! :D

Also your mutated freakazoids are looking pretty cool, but not nearly as cool as a swarm of sweet honey-producing insects of glorious doom! :smoking: