Aino's Chaos Pact

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Aino's Chaos Pact

Post by Aino »

Thanks Babass.
I hope the team will be ready by the EuroOpen. Intend to play them there indeed.
Goog thing is I have been fired last week, so I will have some more time to work on the time after this rather long hiatus.

I agree with the troll needing a lot of work. All the big guys do actually but have been putting it off. Screwing up a marauder or having him end up not quite the way you like (such as with Franco Dragon which looks too much like a saurus in the end for example) is less of a problem.

Got a new idea for the Goblin this morning which is good. Screwing him up started the hiatus.

h and skill wise, yes, I'm planning for extra arm on the elf in our league (he only got 3 you know) and for a couple of claws if I can (only crabman and scorpio, plus the killer minotaur). 2 Heads on dog boy is a possibility as well: he's got wrestle, so tackle + 2 heads would make him an able ballsacker.

W

Reason: ''
Fighting signature size creep ;)
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

I realized There is no pics of the saurus in this topic. Maybe you should post somes. Remember: someone gave you the idea for your elf ;)

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

It's been 4 years, and the team has been collecting dust up until two weeks ago...
Hope noone hold their breath for upcoming progress.

If anyone is still interested, be aware that I have finished all conversions (barthe troll) recently and have the miniatures undercoated. In addition, the paintjob on Crabman is almost done! Seems I am still somewhat consistant over the years since I went for a black-red-white colour scheme (which I forgot about but seems to have been my initial idea all those years ago!)

Pictures to come!

William - Aino

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Some WIP of the painting.
First: Crabman
Crabman_paintedWIP.jpg
Since takin the picture I've added one more slightly lighter highlight on the claw and shell as well as on the flesh colour of the hand and cleaned up the base. I guess he's almost done !

W
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Second: The until now unshown Orc. Since starting the team the rules have changes for the Pact (or should I say Chaos Renegades ?) teams. They now can field an orc. Keeping up with the 2nd edition look and feel, I was happy to have this unused Greaser Geargrinder model I got out of a trade years ago, which I could use straight away. I felt he didn't need to be converted, what do you guys think?
PactOrc_paintedWIP.jpg
Have some cleaning up to do on the checkers. need to paint the lense of the cybernetic eye and do something to make the metallics pop a bit more.
Any suggestions on how to handle the metallic parts?

W
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

UPs and downs ...
I have varnished Crabman and the renegate orc using a glossy spray varnish to start of. The idea is to keep the glossy finish on the crabshell/body and metallics and have a mat effect over cloths and other parts of the minis. The atsy mat varnish use however seems not only to dull the shine but also to heavily reduce the contrast of highlights and shading... Crabman came out ok but the Orc renegade is very dull now... Not happy.

On the bright side, I have made some progress, albeit small, on the squad.
Behold the first blocking out of colours and painting of the skin/fur on Bulldog. Had to make several attempts before getting something that feels ok, but I'm feeling I'm getting there. Currently Bulldog only has one patch of darker brown around his right eye. I'm wondering if I should add more on the rest of the body? Comments appreciated!
Pact_Bulldog_WIPcolour.jpg

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

finally!

i see you start the painting: Red & White is a nice color schema

for the orc: maybe something flashy/fluo for the lense

are all your teammember been converted / ready to be painted? (what about the big guys)
as i said 4 years ago, it would be nice if we have a "group pictures", and/or at least one picture of each player (the saurus is missing for exemple)

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

babass wrote:finally!

i see you start the painting: Red & White is a nice color schema

for the orc: maybe something flashy/fluo for the lense

are all your teammember been converted / ready to be painted? (what about the big guys)
as i said 4 years ago, it would be nice if we have a "group pictures", and/or at least one picture of each player (the saurus is missing for exemple)
All but the troll are ready to be painted. They have all been undercoated black and then got some red sprayed on too. The troll needs some work still on the face/head/ears and needs to get extra gear (such as a shoulderpad attached with some straps). He has come some way since you last saw him 4 years ago (changed the tentacle arm for example), but he still is nowhere near done.

Haven't painted this last week and a half... but planning to pick up again real soon after completing the Legacy vanmpire apo!

William - Aino

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Upon popular request (erm, only by Babass ...) some pictures of the rest of the team.

Not in the pictures, the unmodified Galmen Goreblade, Slarga Foulstrike and the chainsaw weilding hooded chaos player.

First up, a rather bland and therefore yet unnamed (but functional) renegade. Main part of his job is to represent one of the mutation as I want the team to cover all possible mutation you can get on the team. "Very" long legs:
Pact_Unnamed.jpg

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Franco "Dragon".
Pact_FrancoDragon.jpg
Started with the urge to use the dragon head from the cape of the classic 90's Ungrim Ironfist Slayer King. I also had one of the second edition human blitzers which seemed fit for a tough line of scrimmage player that could be a good match for the dragon head. The legs came from a 90's metal bloodletter. In the back he has a tail comming from a dark elf coldone...

Looking at it afterwards it unfortunately means Franco very much looks like a lizardman-like player rather than a chaosy mutant. I will therefore probably promote him to starplayer status of my 4thedition Lizardmen team when I come around to painting/playing those and will be on the lookout for a replacement marauder...

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

For the Skaven of the Pact team I was going to go with a Sark Four Eyes model I got from my friend Elmarcello. Upon organising my Blood Bowl collection I came to notice a lack of catcher/gutter runner models for my 2nd edition skaven team. Sark Four Eyes therefore got a transfer to a new club.
I however had an abundance of other 2nd edition skavens to take up the free slot. But I didn't one to take just any skaven, so I opted for a thrower and looked around to maker him even more special. A gigantous hand (coming from the great unclean deamon model that will become the Troll for the team) seemed to fit both the model and the possible role for the skaven on the team.
Pact_Skaven.jpg

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Continuing with the positionals: the goblin(s)

I showed the initial model I had in mind for the goblin way in the beginning of the project. As mentionned in an older post I screwed up my cutting up of the mini. I then switched to a completely alternate and way over the top idea... which didn't go as well as planned either.

In the end I returned to my initial model but recovering most of my mistake by cutting up an other 2nd edition goblin to get a two headed player (as I always intended).
Looking back on the whole developement of this player I am, in the end, quite satisfied with the final result (bar the bad resculpting of chainmail...)

What do you guys think?
Pact_Goblin.jpg

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

For the Mino; an old metal Bloodthirster which received the skelletal cow head, finger pointing arm and a claw from the Keeper of Secrets which has donated most of his remaining parts for the conception of th Ogre...
Pact_Mino.jpg

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

And finally (for now) the Ogre.

Probably the Big guy I am the most happy about. His legs came for the classic Keeper of Secrets model as mentionned before, as did his claw. The top half came from an older warhammer ogre (which in a very distant past was used already as an ogre/Morg for my human and chaos teams).
I'm quite happy with the result on this mini, especially since it took quite some greenstuffing to make the 2 halves match and hide the transition with belly plates, belts and straps...
Pact_Ogre.jpg

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Havn't been on the forum for ages....
Not sure anyone is expecting un update on this team, but a LOT of progress has been made these last 2 months as I decided to play Chaos Renegades in our upcoming league and took motivation from that decision to (almost) finish the team...

https://m.facebook.com/groups/bloodbowl ... 840723751/

W