Aino's Chaos Pact

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Aino's Chaos Pact

Post by Aino »

Thanks for the link and suggestions. I'll need to put in some thought about doing something with the arm. Not sure though. Changing the feet however sounds more and more likely.
DinoTitanedition wrote:...
Last advice I can give you with the small amount of time you have - paint the minis one by one. I know it sounds like using up more time, and yes, it is. BUT you will stay rather motivated, since you see a real progress happening on each player. You might have seen the pics I posted in the Skycastle Titans teamthread....
That's sensible advice I'm taking! Definitely!
Saw your Skycastle Titans thread; great job so far! How's the progress lately?

thanks again for the comments!

W

Reason: ''
Fighting signature size creep ;)
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

ouf, quand je pense que j'ai du mal a me botter les fesses pour peindre/commencer mon equipe, et toi tu te lances la dedans.
vivement que j'affronte cette Union Mutante ;)

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

babass wrote:ouf, quand je pense que j'ai du mal a me botter les fesses pour peindre/commencer mon equipe, et toi tu te lances la dedans.
vivement que j'affronte cette Union Mutante ;)
L'idee c'est de profiter de la motivation et du fait que j'utilise l'equipe au fil de la saison pour mener a bien le projet ... et le finir ;)
D'habitude j'ai du mal a finir mes equipes après 6-7 joueurs. Mon but c'est d'avoir une equipe digne en fin de saison! Au rythme de 1-2 joueurs par journee de championnat je devais y arriver.

W

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Master bedroom is painted!
That means I can slowly start to clutter the place again with hobby material, and that's just what I did yesterday.

Did some major cutting and pinning on some models yesterday evening. I left the greenstuffing for what is was, as the only thing I attempted came out crap and had to remove it. No pictures were take, so you'll have to do with text as an update for now.

On popular request (sort of) I cut the right boot of Dog Boy and replaced it with a dog paw. Proportions seem ok, but need to greenstuff the joint. Dog boy then seems about ready to be primed and painted.
The dog model that donate a leg to Dog Boy gave his face to a 2nd edition human catcher. The legs of the catcher were removed an replaced by dog legs from yet another old chaos hound. He will go by the name of Bulldog from now on.
Last I replaced the missing tentacle from Lewdrip Whiparm by a Claw (courtesy of Crabman).

With the progress on Dog Boy and Crabman I feel the 2nd editions humans in the team need some tweaking as well to make them properly tainted by chaos. Come to think of it I think I really contracted the conversion virus! Several ideas started popping in my head for the other human players... Need to rethink some of them to check they are not over the top ;)
While this is nice as such it makes me wonder what to do with the Big Guys. Initially I planned only to give the old Greater deamons (Bloodthirster as Ogre, Keeper of Secrets as Mino, Great Unclean one as Troll) some sport outfit (helmets basically)... Now I may need to do something more drastic with them; but what?

Pictures to come in the course of next days...

W

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Did some more greenstuffing and took the time to take some pictures as promised...
Critique, comments and encouragements are welcome ;)

First up: Danny "Dog Boy" ... finished I think. What do you reckon?

As I told earlier, I was nbot planing on doing major work to most of the minis... Hereùs what I had in mind for Whiparm who previously lost his tentacle. Looking at Dog Boy and at Crabman, I'm wondering if he's too simple now...Comments?

W

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Major Progress to report on Crabman;
Need some more cleaning up on the back"plate" which was extended so as the mini did't look like 2 halves put together.

Not entirely sure about the front "plate". I wanted to keep it smooth to begin with, but didn't manage and to be honest it looked very bland...therefore I copied the patern on the shoulder. Not sure about the result in the end. Comments?

I'm very happy on how the shoulder turned out though. Wat do you guys think?

W

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

I like them all

Great work !)

axiom
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by axiom »

Dog Boy looks fantastic - I love asymmetry in Blood Bowl gear, and the addition of the foot really helps reinforce his head mutation. My favourite of the 3 so far!

Crabman works really well - the greenstuff shell is very well done indeed.

The Lewdgrip conversion is very nice too, but you're right, it perhaps looks a bit plain against the other 2 (see what I mean about not being able to stop once you start!). You could add some little additional crab/insect like arms underneath his main claw (perhaps using some tyranid pieces), or maybe a scorpion tail, or even mandibles?

http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

axiom wrote:Dog Boy looks fantastic - I love asymmetry in Blood Bowl gear, and the addition of the foot really helps reinforce his head mutation. My favourite of the 3 so far!
Glad you like him. The dog paw is an improvement indeed. I think he is my current favourite as well, probably because he's the onlu one I feel is finished :wink:
axiom wrote: Crabman works really well - the greenstuff shell is very well done indeed... You could add some little additional crab/insect like arms underneath his main claw (perhaps using some tyranid pieces), or maybe a scorpion tail, or even mandibles?
Great minds think alike :orc: I came to the same conclusion during the day. I already know which pieces to use for extra crablike limbs below the claw. It means getting rid of the front shell partially or fully, which I'm ok with. The issue I had with crabman is this front shell. Basically I came to realise it looks nothing like a crab "belly" and I will take the opportunity to correct that when adding the small extra limbs...

Thanks for the positive comments!

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

WIP on "Bulldog" Winston

axiom

Post by axiom »

Haha! He's crazy! I just love the weird and look and dynamic pose. I can imagine your thrower chucking the ball and saying "Fetch!".

I guess you've got plans to finish him off - perhaps a bit of fur over the neck area would look good?

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

axiom wrote:Haha! He's crazy! I just love the weird and look and dynamic pose. I can imagine your thrower chucking the ball and saying "Fetch!".

I guess you've got plans to finish him off - perhaps a bit of fur over the neck area would look good?
Yes, the neck area needs fur. Didn't have the time to do that yesterday evening. Another thing planned is a loincloth to hide the big gap left by cutting apart (and some material out between) the legs.

After that I will start working on the next marauders for which I have the ideas ready in my head:
Franco "Dragon" & Montgomery "Python".
Don't know what if anything I will do with the Dark elf
or the goblin

I also need to put some thought in the Big Guys...
If you have any great ideas (like replacing that leg on Dog Boy), they are more than welcome

W

axiom

Post by axiom »

I think the catcher is crying out for a 3rd arm...perhaps a little claw (from an old daemonette), or even a daemonette foot.

Not sure on the goblin...big hand and two-heads seem to be good in-game choices for mutation skills
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Love what you're doing with those minis!
The crab guy looks great (in chaotic terms, of course)!
:D

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

axiom wrote:I think the catcher is crying out for a 3rd arm...perhaps a little claw (from an old daemonette), or even a daemonette foot.

Not sure on the goblin...big hand and two-heads seem to be good in-game choices for mutation skills
Ooh... I actually have a great big hand for the goblin in my bitz box now that you mention this! Thx for the great idea.
I'm not sure I can fit a senod head on the mini... but I will give it some thought.

3rd arm on the elf I agree, especially after seeing your mock-up. Need to find one now. Don't have those very old small deamonette claws around and have Crabman and former Whiparm (and the Mino-Keeper of Secrets) who will have claws... so I think I'm set in the claw department. The call for a leg swap on Dog Boy proved to be great, so might indeed have to look at a similar thing for the elf.

thx again.

W