GoblinGuild Miniatures

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: GoblinGuild Miniatures

Post by Regash »

horekim wrote:Well, I think we all know what happened here
Unfortunately, I don't.
And I still am waiting for an explanation by these guys.

Pedro Ramos is the best sculptor in my opinion and for my taste from what I've seen so far.
But this is already the second miniature dealer with tactics I'm not gonna support by buying.

Reason: ''
horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

Regash wrote:
horekim wrote:Well, I think we all know what happened here
Unfortunately, I don't. And I still am waiting for an explanation by these guys.
I don't know who talked to who, but somebody chose to send out unsolicited e-mails in the hopes of generating more business.

A very bad move if you want to generate trust in a new miniature company.

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
Regash

Post by Regash »

Hm, since I don't think that TFF did something like that, I can only think of two possibilities.

I backed two teams: Iron Golem Dwarves and Hungry Troll Nurgle, both with the same e-mail adress.
Since all three (IG, HT and this Goblin thing) seem to be from Spain, there might be a connection.
Did you back any of those too, horekim?

Until I know for sure, there are now four miniature sellers I'm not gonna spend money on.
(The fourth has nothing to do with this, though.)

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

Regash wrote:Hm, since I don't think that TFF did something like that, I can only think of two possibilities.

I backed two teams: Iron Golem Dwarves and Hungry Troll Nurgle, both with the same e-mail adress.
Since all three (IG, HT and this Goblin thing) seem to be from Spain, there might be a connection.

Until I know for sure, there are now four miniature sellers I'm not gonna spend money on.
(The fourth has nothing to do with this, though.)
Who cares, its not like someone is sending x-rated pictures as spam or something. A minor issue whatever is going on.

Goldbaek is my hero
horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

theghr wrote:Who cares, its not like someone is sending x-rated pictures as spam or something. A minor issue whatever is going on.
I'd prefer the pictures ;-)

I agree with you. It is a minor issue, but since the chosen marketing strategy could end up hurting the company I think it's only fair that they get this feedback.

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
chou
Rookie
Rookie

Post by chou »

Hi guys, I'm one of the admins of the Spanish forum. Let me get in contact with them so they can get back at you with some explanations, or at least give them to me so I can post it here.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

The only minis I've bought in the past 15 years are from Willy, which is also spanish. I agree, it's i minor issue, but it's very much a turnoff that your email is getting doled out by "trusted" vendors.

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
007hor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 007hor »

I too backed the Iron Golem dwarf campaign, but have not received an email from Goblin Guild.

That was liquid football!
Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

007hor wrote:
I too backed the Iron Golem dwarf campaign, but have not received an email from Goblin Guild.
I only backed the Iron Golem campaign as well, and having just checked my *trash* on my e-mail account I received an e-mail from Goblin Guild Miniatures on 2nd February.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

theghr wrote:Who cares, its not like someone is sending x-rated pictures as spam or something. A minor issue whatever is going on.
Sharing data on people without authorisation in never "minor".
Not saying they are, but sharing an email can just as easily be followed by sharing addresses and/or credit card details.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Videador
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Videador »

Friendly respond from Hungry Troll here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=42237

I don´t want to spam in others brand topic ;)

chou
Rookie
Rookie

Post by chou »

Hi again,

I've spoken with Videador from Hungry Troll and hes assured me he's not involved, and having some insight of the relationship among these manufacturers I believe him. In any case it's easy to check, if anybody who have only bought teams from Hungry Troll could confirm he/she hasn't received the mail it would be great.

Also, I've spoken with Pedro and he just sculpts, sends the green to the manufacturer and that's it for him, he doesn't get any details from the buyers.

As soon as I hear from the others I'll let you know.

** EDITED: Argh, Videador just beat me to it. **

Iron Golems
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Iron Golems »

We also gave an explanation yesterday at our thread viewtopic.php?f=23&t=41502&start=525

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

I supported Hungry Troll's campaign (and Videador has had my email for 5 years) and didn't receive anything from Goblin Guild. It seems pretty irresponsible to suggest a boycott when you can't even pin down the perpetrator.

howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

I supported the Goblin team from Willy Miniatures and also bought some of the matching minis from GoblinGuild at the same time. Everything came delivered in the same box so I believe they are connected in some way.

Never had a problem with either. In fact both have been fantastic to buy from.