New Rolljordan Silvania team painted on commission!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

axia
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

New Rolljordan Silvania team painted on commission!

Post by axia »

Ok guys, here we are! The new silvania team product by Rolljordan Miniatures and Painted by me! Most of you knows that they were sold by Greebo, but the new ones, like the frogs, are Harder, Faster and Better! Why?:

Harder: the new metal is really hard, even to pin! And all the miniatures are "strenghtened" and better scaled, I've personally moved the leg of a silvania 3-4 times before gluing, to see how can it resist

Faster: can a mini be faster? Yes! The new silvanians are casted with less parts to glue and most of them are a single part mini! For example the well known tree-woman that was casted in three parts (body and two horns) now comes with a single casted miniature!

Better: the new range has better details and less errors, and you can notice by the faces and the motives on the green costume!

So am I happy with these new kits? Yes! And not only for partnership with Rolljordan but because since I paint on commission, working with models with these improved charachteristics gives a better result in less time! And now here there are the minis and a comparative pic between the new and the old ones! Hope you like them! For info critics and questions feel free to write me! Ciao!

Reason: ''
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Re: New Rolljordan Silvania team painted on commission!

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

I cannot say I like that new treewoman ... but I'm happy this team is getting a new lease on life! :D

Greebo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Greebo »

I'm sorry to read that, but to be polite and clarify all, Greebo will never say that another company have worse material, experience, quality or any other thing than us, this sound too much rude :)

And would like to specify: Better detail come simple from new mold. So, if anyone have reported any kind of problem in old mold, we have remade it and than had again the best quality needed on detail. (new mold made 6 month ago, thanks for the report to all).

By the way we like a lot modified made on some models, first of all the monocast war dancers models, a very good idea! When Patrick sculpts them we don't have enough experience to modify pieces in one single cast model but actually seems a great solution, nice job! :D

Lorenzo "Greebo" Giusti
www.greebo-games.com
axia
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by axia »

Hi Lorenzo, I'm sorry to ear that you are hurt by my post :( It was a personal thought, not one of an enterprise against another and I've used the image comparison of Rolljordan because I made the miniatures for him during the kickstarter. You know I always wrote great reviews about your models that I've paint for you like the Goblins and I made the same with Gaspez and Meiko miniatures too. I haven't done here because I wasn't present on the forum but I will repair soon! :wink:

@ricthen: I will be glad to hear your critics about the threewoman! What is unpleasant for you? I like to ear critics!! :)

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

I could see no difference in quality between the team l have and the new improved etc. Just thought it was down to the age of the mould. So at best it was a cheeky dig.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

New models are considerably bigger... yea gods. I have to sort out the new frog sculpts i ordered and sadly it seems they aren't the same size as the old ones. I really hate scale creep especially because i don't use an extra large board!

Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

I just received my RollJordan frogs painted by Axia from the same cast. I can only say that I´m very happy about the result. I can´t really say much about the size, as I don´t have the old ones. But as the size has been changed it was clearly stated on the campaign info picture below. Whether it was so in the campaign too, I simply can´t remember.

Anyway as to the quality of the models - there is no doubt that the ones I got are striking, and it is always preferable to get a mini in as few pieces as possible. The less pinning needed as possible the better.

So all in all I am very happy with my received models :smoking:

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I really don't remember anything in the campaign about a size increase.

Duder
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Duder »

In a picture near the bottom of the Horned Frogs campaign says "Models in the past year not only lack several details but are substantially smaller", which I think was meant in teams of thickness like the mold had mushed together too tightly or something, "new models will match or exceed quality of the first set". So they were not to increase in size but be up to their intended fullness.

I painted horned frogs before the campaign on commission and didn't have any issues with size or detail. I have no idea when (besides before the new campaign) or by whom they were produced though. I am fully satisfied with the campaign horned frogs I received and can't wait to paint my own team. I can't remember if the previous frogs were substantially different from the new ones and don't have them to compare, but I thought they seemed very high quality when I did them.

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

axia wrote: @richten: I will be glad to hear your critics about the threewoman! What is unpleasant for you? I like to ear critics!! :)
To be sure, I'm not talking about the paintjob (which is very good on everything I've seen from you), but about the sculpt. I find it's pose rather ridiculous and very inconvenient on the field (I've seen the model IRL). But this is entirely subjective, of course.

axia
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by axia »

Thank you for the compliments about the painting! About the sculpt I think that Rolljordan will take in account! If the subjective point of view creates a constructive critic is very important to consider I think!

CrystalMCDoll
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CrystalMCDoll »

Hey, can we still get this model? Image

ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

How much substantially bigger? Do we have a scale? :)

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com