Connexion's teams and miscellaneous miniature painting

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Connexion's teams and miscellaneous miniature painting

Post by connexion »

Once again, no team pictures but, hopefully, will post them soon(ish). However:

The three miniatures that I painted on comission for txapo. Left to right: Vampire Cheerleader (painted in the coulours of the Portuguese national football team with the snake roughly in the colours of the Porto F.C.), Halfling Psycho Klown (originally a gardener or something silly of the sort), Vampire Female Thrall (limited edition, painted in the coulours of the Barcelona F.C.); all from Willy Miniatures.

Did I mention "Ed" the Psycho Killer Clown...?

And I'm done with another vignette, this time a Beastlord:
Miniature from GW, base from Fenris Games via Hasslefree miniatures. First time I made use of weathering powder (Tamya, rust) on a miniature.

Reason: ''
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Re:

Post by txapo »

connexion wrote:..., the sooner I can post photos of the "Patatonia Kick-Off All-Stars" here! ;-D
we are in wait!! :orc: :orc: :orc:

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

txapo wrote:
connexion wrote:..., the sooner I can post photos of the "Patatonia Kick-Off All-Stars" here! ;-D
we are in wait!! :orc: :orc: :orc:
Finished a bribe marker half an hour ago and the Turncoat Bowl 2015 hoblin/goblit coach yesterday. Tomorrow I'll either continue working on my girlfriend's dwarfette team (6 blockers and a display base to go...) or paint Lucius Von Tintorrus and She-Hulk (I mean the "female thrall") at same time. Or do Impact's Setekh and wrap up my Necro Star Players!

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

For this update, a couple of shots of miniatures finished in the past few weeks, some already posted in the "What Are You Painting Now?" thread, albeit as w.i.p.

The Duvel beer babe, sculpted by Pedro Ramos was the official miniature for the Eurobowl 2014.
"She-Hulk" is the limited edition female vampire thrall from Willy Miniatures. Seeing the pose and the miniature's size (a good two heads or so above the average miniature), giving her the green treatment seemed the most adequate thing to do. ;-)

The "Two-Face" Hoblin/Gobbit coach is the miniature for Turncoat Bowl 2015, sculpted by Pedro Ramos.
Don Mascarpone, the bribe counter, is from Impact! Miniatures. Went from primed to finished in record time...

I painted Apophas a couple of years ago and it was my first (and so far only) experience with painting GW's Finecast. I think that the photo doesn't do it justice (really!) as the scarabs were painted silver, then had a coat of Tamya transparent green and in some points lightly drybrushed/highlighted with gold to in an atempt to achieve a scarab iridescent effect. The resin base comes from Fenris Games via Hasslefree Miniatures.

Currently working on:
- Setekh star player (using Impact's Sutekh)
- 6 dwarf blockers from the Warlord Games female dwarfs by Wojtek
- Count Lucius von Tintorrus (yes, txapo, I will get around to this relatively soon)

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Great thread connexion, keep it up! :)

Can I see more of your otherworld skeletons please? How did you do them? They look amazing!

Cheers :)

Steve

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Thanks!

I'm afraid there isn't much more to show of the skeletons - I only have 3 from Otherworld and they are precisely the ones that I painted using this technique. I am currently painting Impact!'s Sutekh and am trying to use the same system to paint the bones. Photos when it's ready but here's what I have noted down in my paint-book for painting skeletons/bone:

1 - prime gray (I use Tamya Fine spray primer)
2 - paint GW Bleached Bone (or the closest you can find)
3 - paint with a mix consisting of 1 part Vallejo Brown Sand + 2 Parts Vallejo Thinner Medium + 3 parts Vallejo Matte Medium
4 - light drybrush Bleached Bone and paint eyesockets/mouth black
5 - paint space between bones with a mix of 1 part Vallejo Chocolate Brown + 1 part Vallejo Brown Sand + 2 parts Vallejo Thinner Medium + 4 parts Vallejo Matte Medium
6 - drybrush Bleached Bone
7 - light drybrush with 1 part Bleached Bone + 1 part Vallejo White (this is for highlights)
8 - light White highlitghts (particular care on the skull)
9 - pick teeth white (have 0000 brush on hand)

This should do the trick and it's quicker and easier than it seems at first glance.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Awesome, great stuff. Any chance of a closeup please? I'm really interested in how you made them too. What parts have gone in to them other than the otherworld models? Is that graveguard shoulder pads? What are the helmets and kneepads?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

The helmets, shoulder pads and knee pads were all sculpted from scratch with greenstuff. Also easier than it seems when one tries it, really... ;-)

A close-up of the skeleton test model:

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Ladies and Gentlement, I present to you...

the Patatonia Cup Kick-Off All-Stars!

(left to right: Capitan Rioja, Count Lucius von Tintorrus and the Über-Bunny Gobbo; Capitan sculpted by Sergus, Count and Gobbo by Pedro Ramos and released by Willy Miniatures)

New Kick-Off Table

2 - SAZARRAJAAA!
3 - Captain Rioja!
4-10 - normal
11 - Über-Goblin pitch invasion!
12 - The Count is out to lunch!

New Skills

Inhebriated

Click here for the full rules in PDF format.

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

loved your little twist on the diferent rulesets we have used along the year,... but all together in a game can become a very dangerous game indeed!!

And of course loved the paint job as well!!

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Glad you liked (and approve) the modifications! I'm not using them yet but am giving some thought to using them in our PXC-96 league's playoffs.

Don't think they're that deadly, to be honest. For starters, it's a 6/36 (1/6) chance of one of the four results. The Count is nerfed at 4MA, Captain Rioja is what he is, the chainsaw can be refused (especially if you have no FAME already) and the goblin is an annoyance at best.

And, by the way, I was tempted to making a major change to the goblin if Poncho had made 3 more plushies rather than just two... 4 rookie goblins (instead of a dauntless one), one entering from each table edge with the same objective (grab ball, exit pitch). All of them with the inebriated rule. But would be too much mayhem, and would deviate too much from your rules. :)

BTW, what do you think of my Star Players in the same PDF?

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Step-by-step of the Impact! referee babe.

I - after a grey primer, 2 coats (not thick!) of GW Dwarf Flesh;
II - "full body highlight" using Humbrol 61 (flesh) - similar to drybrushing but with diluted paint;
III - second highlight, lighter and more located using Vallejo Basic Skintone - similar technique;
IV - to make the colour more uniform and reduce contrast, wash with Vallejo Skin Ink (diluted 1:1) in all flesh areas;
V - first hair coat using GW Blood Red and a touch of white (now I'd change it to Vallejo Gory Red);
VI - hair highlights with increasing amounts of white in the red-white paint mix using a drybrush technique and then a follow-up using Vallejo Gory Red and white mixes;
VII - quick base paint and a few details;
VIII - "magic happens": detail highlights, Skin Ink lining (and a bit of clean-up with flesh tones, mouth and eyes, etc), base done with Tundra/Ash flock (Gale Force 9) + PVA sodium bicarbonate snow mix

EDIT: added step-by-step description.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Lovely skin tone mate.
Gratz!
:D

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Axtklinge wrote:Lovely skin tone mate.
Gratz!
:D
Agreed ... looks great!

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Thanks to both of you, I did write a tutorial but it's in PT but I may find some tome to translate soon.

Also, will try to post my Necromantic Star Players this weekend (3 Heresy, 2 Impact! and one GW) instead of the Mandelbrot Marauders that Axt keeps pestering me about.

For the record: currently painting the classic Mordheim warlock and an old Forest Goblin I had lying around (i.e., Blood Bowl detox).