SP Miniatures-Black Week 25%OFF until December 3rd

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sanabeso
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Star Player Miniatures - Lizardmen IGG finished - New te

Post by sanabeso »

Metalface13 wrote:Looking good! My only quibble is the nipple gems, but these could be the best high elf team yet!
Norse wrote:agreed - gems need to go.. one gem over the solar plexus would be fine.. gems on each moob is not looking good..
Hi! We have been talking and decided to get rid of the gems in the chest.
sokomano wrote:If we compare with dark elf from Iron Golems and with High elf from GW, there is a lack of details in my opinion (for instance the boots). This High Elf team is so expected but finally I'm a bit disappointed
Hi sokomano.
This models are the "bases". There are still left some details, like (as you said) the boots, bracelets, and the mithril. We are sure you will like the final result.

Regards!

Reason: ''
sokomano
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sokomano »

Great news. Thanks for the feedback
You could also make the gems smaller and put them below the shoulder like on the GW

Mithril would be excited but where would you put it if the miniatures are already armored from head to toe.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

I like the concepts of the high elves, but I agree with what's been said so far.

Got your wood elf team and it seems like I'll be getting another elf team of yours.

hissa-lives
Veteran
Veteran

Post by hissa-lives »

any update on the Lizard team yet? has gone a bit quiet

JayyCee45
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JayyCee45 »

From their last post abut the Lizardmen they should hopefully be out this week, I Think? I Seen someone with the Wood elves at the weekend so they have been posted out.

sanabeso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sanabeso »

That´s right, we should get the teams this week!
We will have a loooong weekend packing, and probably on Monday will start the shippings.

All the "only-elf" backers´team have been sent, and many of them arrived to destination.

As soon as we have the teams we will confirm anyway.

Also, more updates tonight about high elves and starplayershop.

Regards!

sokomano
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sokomano »

Well, I am still waiting my elf team...
I didn't receive anything.

hissa-lives
Veteran
Veteran

Post by hissa-lives »

sanabeso wrote:That´s right, we should get the teams this week!
We will have a loooong weekend packing, and probably on Monday will start the shippings.

All the "only-elf" backers´team have been sent, and many of them arrived to destination.

As soon as we have the teams we will confirm anyway.

Also, more updates tonight about high elves and starplayershop.

Regards!
Good to know, thanks :D

sanabeso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sanabeso »

Hello everyone!

We are very close to finish our fifth team. As you probably know, will be high elves.

We have TWO QUESTIONS for you, and we would like to have as much feedback as possible. We appreciate your collaboration.
Here they go!
1.- Here are the proxies. We all know what is going on with the new BB releases, and the miniature size. What size would you like for the miniatures? Classic "old school" 28 mm. to the eyes or a bit larger, like our Wood Elves? (31 mm. to the eyes on the "erect" (ehem :D ) ones).

2.- We are going to make sideline miniatures (staff) and star players. Some of them will be free stretch goals and the other add ons. What do you prefer? Star players as freebies and staff as add ons or vice versa?

You decide what we do, we care your opinion.

Also, news about our online store, http://www.starplayershop.com
Since the beginning we decided not to sell just our miniatures, so we have just added Willy Miniatures to our catalog. More manufacturers to come. We are not going to bother you in this forum every time we add a new miniature/team from other manufacturer (we will bother you with ours :lol: ), so if you want to stay tuned about the ecommerce news, the best way is to follow us on FB. Here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/starplayerminiatures/

Regards!!

P.S.: No lizardmen yet, hopefully tomorrow will be the day.

Norse
Da Organiza

Re: Star Player Miniatures - TWO QUESTIONS ABOUT HIGH ELVES

Post by Norse »

I would make them the same scale as your wood elves.. at the end of the day, SP minis needs to be able to look at their models and be happy with what you put out there - they represent you. I think if you start producing teams on different scales to meet the potential demands of a changing market place you will likely not be happy with the end result. If you believe that elves would all basically be the same overall height/build, then stick to the 31mm scale. Tolkein had his high elves averaging around 6'7" vs his wood elves at around 6'2" though, so you could make them taller and on the same scale if you wished. :wink:

as for stretch goals, I use coaches, cheerleaders etc as turn/RR counters, so I use them in every game, which is WAY more often than stars. I would have the staff as stretch goals and the stars as add-ons if it were me.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

As Norse suggests, I agree it's best to stick to the scale that most appropriately represents what you've created so far. The scale you have is good and consistency within your own line is a selling point (or rather inconsistency is a turn off!). Plus practically speaking I assume you'll want to use stars you've already made in the new campaign, and so a different scale would be an issue?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

1. Agreeing with the above said about consistency of scale. Furthermore, and coming from a different fantasy background than WH, I always think of Elves as a little bit taller and more slender than humans.
2. I very much like to see new interpretations of Dolfar Longstride, Soaren Hightower and Prince Moranion. So I would vote for the option that makes it more likely for me to get these models.

And by the way, I very much like your style! Keep up the good work!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Arthur Gordon Pym
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Arthur Gordon Pym »

Another vote for keeping the same size as your Wood Elves. It will make them look as the same race, for the same game, made by the same manufacturer.

About the stretch goals, I use staff on all my teams, but I'm not very interested on adapted Starplayers, as I only have one mini for each Starplayer, so I prefer staff as free stretch goals and Starplayers as add-ons, to be able to buy only the ones that I need or like more than the ones I already have.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

I agree with the statements above. Same scale as the wood elves. Looks more consistent and for me personally, they will look better next to my wood elf team.

I use stars more and would like to see an option for getting them easily

TheDancingClown
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheDancingClown »

Agree also on the consistency. It can be incredibly frustrating further down the line for a consumer. I will use Meiko miniatures as an example.....they have used different sculptors at different times which has resulted in different scale between their teams. You'd naturally assume a team with the same company name would have similar sized minis, but you do need to be careful in some cases.

If you did want to change the scale then I would suggest either producing them under a new company name, or perhaps just being clear in the name and description (even this can get lost if you are selling with 3rd party shops).