Madshermans ogre team dreams.

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

OK, so this happens to me every time I'm getting close to finishing something (in this case my Crazy Igor fig): I immediately want to do something else! And I wanted it to be something that I am not overwhelmed by, something that I can finish off easily and something people would want as a min. So I thought: Snotlings, I can do two at a time, stick to easy poses/armatures and kind of mess around with various funny ideas. Now here's where the second thing happens to me: I start getting more and more elaborate one snotling turns into two, two turns into 8 and all of a sudden I'm sitting sketching ogres with interchangeable heads and shoulderpads.. jeez.

Anyhoo, my sketchbook is at work, so I couldn't get started on refining my snots. So instead, for now, I've butchered some photos and a painting by the awesome awesome JC Leyendecker in order to show kind of what I have in mind with my ogres. See, I've fallen completely in love with vintage football uniforms, and I think if they're BB'ed up a bit they'd be amazing.. also I'd like to do some ogres that are somewhere between the superfit 2nd ed ones and the bumbling ogre kingdom ones that people like to convert. IMO the Ogre kingdom ones look too slow to be MA 5 and the 2nd ed ones are simply too over the top muscle-y.

I'd love it if I could manage to get something like this going..
tumblr_nbq2ocfmyo1tsw7qvo1_1280.jpg

What do you guys think? The Snots are gonna be a bit more loose uniform wise, and the ogres are probably not going to be AS realistic as the photos.

Oh yeah, and I realize the market is full of good ogres, so these ideas are probably never gonna see the light of day.. I just need to get them out and I'd like to hear what others think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Madshermans ogre team dreams.

Post by Madsherman »

Some shoulderpads.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

And another photo-hack:

Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

In my opinion I'd have one for my humans straight away. Perfect fit for them as they are closest to vintage football unis. I like the idea mate

tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tommy316 »

The Jim Thorpe Orge is fricking AWESOME!!!!!!Absolutely would buy one of those!! LOVE THE IDEA...and entire team of vintage humans would be cool.... Gale Sayers, Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas, Otto Graham, etc.....

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

It could work, right? I just love the look of the leather helmet and the kidney pads.. and boots that look like they're made for running. Of course it needs rivets, laces and spikes, but in general I really dig that old school look.

Minigiant
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Minigiant »

Fantastic idea and i would love to get my hands on something like this

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Practicing snotling faces Image

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Vintage human team with him as the Ogre!

Feldin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Feldin »

Yes Please! :)

ricardoboix
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ricardoboix »

Really love that old look.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Image half an hour and some extra greenstuff. Tried to do an ogre face

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

I'm not sure about Ogres, but I'd go for a human team like this (with an ogre, natch) in a heartbeat!

I want to paint my Greebo Uniformed Orcs in jerseys like this:

This is a whole pinterest board with cool reference:

https://www.pinterest.com/drgregsmalley ... l-jerseys/

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Definitely! Love them old uniforms.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

tommy316 wrote:The Jim Thorpe Orge is fricking AWESOME!!!!!!Absolutely would buy one of those!! LOVE THE IDEA...and entire team of vintage humans would be cool.... Gale Sayers, Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas, Otto Graham, etc.....
i live about 3 miles from the town of jim thrope. they have a very beutiful memorial to the man, there.
on topic: i also think the jim thorpe ogre is great! i'd love to have him in my collection.

Rick Sanchez lives!