Iron Golems - Halfling team campaign now on Kickstarter

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Iron Golems
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Iron Golems: New miniatures brand

Post by Iron Golems »

Thanks to all for your comments so far! We hope you are able to take part in the Facebook poll cause we have noticed that it's not accessible from mobile phones.

Saebelsultan, our vision of the golem is that of a dwarven construct animated by the spirit of an ancestor, one that played football of course :wink:

Vanguard, right now we don't plan to offer both options for the slayerdozer or the forge suit. If one of those is the winner of the poll, then we will ask for the preferred option. By the way, the hamster wheel idea sounds great. :D

Loki, many thanks for the advice! We modified our original post and here it's the link also https://www.facebook.com/IronGolems :)

It seems to be a lot of slayerdozer fans here however the golem is leading the poll right now... :wink:

Reason: ''
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Iron Golems wrote:Vanguard, right now we don't plan to offer both options for the slayerdozer or the forge suit. If one of those is the winner of the poll, then we will ask for the preferred option.
In that case, I'd say go for the plough blade. There's plenty of wheel options around if anyone wanted to convert it.

Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lecter1972 »

SlayerDozer for me also (brings back memories of the 2nd Edition Killdozer)

Have to say I like some of the other concepts also

I think something that differs from the "norm" or sets the team apart from its competitors is a good idea

I've long hoped that someone would do a Slayer with a Chainsaw (Flint Churnblade)

My blogpost https://l72smetalminiaturesmusings.wordpress.com/
smokingmonkee
Veteran
Veteran

Post by smokingmonkee »

Another vote for the Slayerdozer

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Dwarven Golem. The slayerdozer looks cool but it would be more useful for removing snow from the pitch than killing players ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Iron Golems
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Iron Golems - Deathroller Poll

Post by Iron Golems »

We had a problem with the poll because Facebook has decided, suddenly and without warning, to remove the option to make them on pages and deleted the publication we did yesterday and in which many of you already participated and commented. This has been worse for us than taking a doble skull in the first block of the turn so we quickly start the survey again in Survey Monkey although the polling and the results are accessible from our Facebook page as well. If that doesn't bother you a lot, we ask you to take part again in the poll so you can help us at keeping the interest. Many thanks for your understanding, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. :(

By the way, Rolo do not underestimate the usefulness of removing snow when playing against norses as visitor :wink:

Hegel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hegel »

[x] for the SlayerDozer, although I´d possibly only paint it, but never have it on the field...

This seems the dwarf team I´ve been waiting for, so I´ll have a look here once I´m back from holidays. I hope that there´ll an option to buy extra blockers, and not only the choice between 12 or 16 players...

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

From your drawing I take the slayer dozer will have both options, the plough and the spiked roller?
Then the slayer dozer would be my favorite.

Why the blindfold, though?
That seems a bit strange to me.

Iron Golems
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Iron Golems »

Hegel, yes we have that option in mind. Glad you like the team. :)

Regash, only one option will be available if the slayerdozer wins the poll. We will ask wich option is preferred then. About the blind slayer, we think that makes him a bit different from the other slayers and gives him a more dramatical appearance. He's blind but still playing for the team! A minor wound for him! Like the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail film. :D

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Without seeing additional views for the Slayerdozer to give me a real idea of how it's configured, I go with the Golem as it seems the most distinctive. I really like that the dozer's blindfolded, though!

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
peo2223
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by peo2223 »

Please count me in for this! Team look amazing and the slayer dozer looks fantastic. Do you have any idea for chainsaw carrying dwarf?

elde
Rookie
Rookie

Post by elde »

My vote goes for the Slayer Dozer too.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

peo2223 wrote:Do you have any idea for chainsaw carrying dwarf?
+1

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Iron Golems
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Iron Golems »

The poll keeps going and the slayerdozer seems to be the preferred option after six days and 183 responses right now. Please keep voting and sharing the poll with those you think could be interested!

peo223, we have ideas for the four dwarven star players but it's great you ask for the chainsaw carrying one because we will like to now your opinios on this guy. Lecter1972 said he would like to see him modeled like a slayer and we think it could be a good idea. What do you think? Please share with us your opinions and ideas for this star player if you want so we can consider them!

Thanks to all for your comments!

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Iron Golems wrote:Lecter1972 said he would like to see him modeled like a slayer and we think it could be a good idea. What do you think? Please share with us your opinions and ideas for this star player if you want so we can consider them!
I like this idea, since he's got stats as a slayer. The miniatures that excist for him, has him modelled after a blocker, which might lead to confusion.

I second the slayer chainsaw player. Great idea!