Iron Golems - Halfling team campaign now on Kickstarter

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Iron Golems - Pro Box funded on Kickstarter!

Post by Stompie »

I've backed this. In terms of the vote for next star player I'd like a chainsaw human. I don't think there's a decent one out there. Just one question by the way for future painting purposes. Are those things in the dark elves' hair and helmets feathers or just like a metallic crest?

Reason: ''
Iron Golems
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Iron Golems »

Wifflebat and mikeyc222, yes! The possibility of getting the fourth catcher from one of the already existing models will be available for sure but we're proposing in the campaign and in our Facebook page an informal poll for a new add-on mini and the options are some star players and a new model for the fourth human catcher. :)

Regash and Tookarti, no problem mates! Sometimes it's difficult for us to clearly explain all the info even more when we're introducing changes so this things happen. We're very happy with the constructive criticism that's always shown in these thread. :)

Stompie, thanks for backing and voting! The things you mention are ornamental metallic flames.

Maybe some of you will be happy to know that we've proposed a new add-on for the campaign ;)

We're doing a big effort to offer the metal option, but we know that many of you prefer the metal, as also ourselves are big fans of metal miniatures! :)

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

good job listening to, and addressing your customers desires. i would have understood, from a business perspective, if you had not been able to do these things, but it's refreshing to see a company actually listen to, as well as respond to customer feedback.
honestly, i will abstain from the voting, because i will be happy with any of the options. now i just need to decide on resin or metal! in most cases, i prefer metal, but it would likely add quite a bit more weight to the box... i'll need to think about it, but i'll probably end up going with the metal.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

El Hombre
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by El Hombre »

mikeyc222 wrote:good job listening to, and addressing your customers desires. i would have understood, from a business perspective, if you had not been able to do these things, but it's refreshing to see a company actually listen to, as well as respond to customer feedback.
second!

Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
--*--Founder League of Rodents--*--
--*--Commissioner BBBF Online League--*--
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

Any chance of a picture of the leatherette box?

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

I agree this is an amazing and very responsive campaign. In terms of materials: it depends what each is like. For example, if we are talking Rnestudio resin, then that's brilliant. If we are talking the a a cast quality of the iron golems dwarves (or MK1881 or obese skaven, which I also recently got) then I'd actually prefer that. But, if we are talking metal casts that don't quite capture the detail of the brilliant sculpts, like (perhaps to be controversial and this is just my opinion) the earlier Willy Miniatures stuff or a lot of the Meiko miniatures stuff, then I'll go for the resin. The Impact plastic is pretty good in my opinion, just needs a special under spray. The black scorpion resin I found OK for the big guys but can't put my finger on it but didn't like it for the pro elfs. But hey, they are nice sculpts and very good value. And, of course, don't we live in blood bowl miniature heaven these days, my views aside!!!

birdman37
Experienced
Experienced

Post by birdman37 »

Iron Golems wrote:Image

We're doing a big effort to offer the metal option, but we know that many of you prefer the metal, as also ourselves are big fans of metal miniatures! :)
Awesome effort, I'll be upgrading my pledge accordingly. Quick question though: do add-on miniatures get upgraded to metal as well if I've specified the metal option for my team(s)? In my specific example, I'd like the Star Player assassin to also come in metal...

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Iron Golems wrote:Maybe some of you will be happy to know that we've proposed a new add-on for the campaign ;)

I hope I am not asking anything that has been resolved already (but I looked and couldn't find it):
How exactly do I pledge for the add ons? Kickstarter lets me modify my pledge amount. So do I just add the amount of add ons to my initial pledge (i.e. 180 € for Legend + 12 € for Dice Tower so I change the 180 € for my Legend to 192 €)?

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Iron Golems
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Iron Golems »

mikeyc222, El Hombre, Stompie, birdman37, thank you all for appreciating the effort, we're glad to that you like the option for metal miniatures. Answering birdman37, if you choose the metal add-on, all your minis will be casted in metal, including the other add-on miniatures you take. Just to clarify, it's not going to be possible to mix resin minis and metal minis. All must be the same material.

Magictobe, still not a final design but we are working on it with the manufacturer. This is a prototype, we have discarded the handle, for instance, and we are improving it:

Saebelsultan, yes, that's the way! You don't have to change the selected reward, just add the amount to your contribution as you said.

We are also posting here the shrine add-on unlocked yesterday, hope you like it!

And in a few moments we'll be showing in the campaign the blitzer star player miniatures for the 56k free stretch goal! :)

Iron Golems
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Iron Golems »

We're almost in the last 48h! These are the free stretch goals over the horizon, hope you like them! :)

sokomano
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sokomano »

The 2 teams and miniatures are great
Can you please make a photo with a ruler so we can see the scale of these miniatures?
Thank you

Iron Golems
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Iron Golems »

Sokomano, glad you like them! Here are some pictures for scale comparision:

Hope that helps! :)

sokomano
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sokomano »

Great that's very helpful !!!

I did not notice before the skull on the blitzer DE. I think I'm going to buy this team.

sokomano
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sokomano »

Any chance you add other miniatures after the campaign?
I mean Zug is missing at least in the human team...

El Hombre
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by El Hombre »

Will it be possible to change or add to your pledge later on? I've pledged on veteran level, but with the metal mini's now I'd like to "upgrade" to add one or even both teams.

Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
--*--Founder League of Rodents--*--
--*--Commissioner BBBF Online League--*--