New Slann miniatures project?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Would you be interested in a high quality team of Slann miniatures?

A) Yes. Sounds ace.
84%
B) No. Naff off.
10%
C) I would rather have somebody create... (List preferred team below)
6%

Total votes: 169

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: New Slann miniatures project?

Post by Regash »

oozeboss wrote:They are very nice looking miniatures, but to be honest, the time it's taken has been so long that I've almost completely lost interest.
Right now, I'd be happier if they were 28mm WW2 Americans as I don't even play Blood Bowl these days.
:roll:
So from "totally excited, yeah!" to "what the hell, I don't play it anymore" takes you just 5 months? :o

But everyone needs to calm down, it's just his interest shifting in another direction and not the fault of the game or the miniatures.

Sure, the excitement went over the past couple of months and it's just waiting for the minis now.#
But I'll still have "a hole in my knee out of joy" when they finally arrive.

(Yep, that is a german phrase, "sich ein Loch ins Knie freuen". ;) )

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Chaos Dwarf wrote:But saying someone doesn't get the process because their interest has changed I don't feel is tied to understanding crowdfunding.
Interests changing I get, moaning that a crowdfunding project is taking so long I don't, which is what the poster I quoted was doing. it's not like Johnny was just sitting on a mound of pewter waiting to ship them out, they've had to be sculpted, mastered, produced and in some cases, even sketched after the campaign funded - hell, Johnny took a risk by pushing forward on it before the campaign ended and he got any money from it. Campaigns that break their target big time often overrun, even for big established companies.

So no, I don't think it was harsh at all, and I think that poster would do well to keep away from crowdfunding in the future.

And on a personal note, I have 8 or 9 KS/Indiegogo that should be coming in the few months, and this is the one I'm most excited for and I've already started buttering up my mate to paint them (made harder because he really likes the team and didn't have the money available to pledge).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Chaos Dwarf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chaos Dwarf »

I suppose it's all down to the lack of tone you get with digital messaging. No issue.

I'm looking forward to get the team in. I've had little experience playing with or against slann and I think this team will get into the mix once I have it in hand. And hats of to Mr Johnny for doing it independent, very commendable!

the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

For the record, I do not think Darkson was harsh either.

What we have today is a market with an orientation towards "instant satisfaction'. We have crowdfunding, where you get to "see" concepts and sketches of the stuff on offer weeks or months before the products are manufactured, but we got used to decennia of "if you see it on tv, you can buy it in the store next door'. the combination of these does of course result in the expectation that once a crowdfunding campaign ends, shipping will take place and you get your goodies the next day.

The truth of reality couldn't be further away from this buyers dream. Where, in the past, companies spent a year or more to develop and manufacture a product before advertising it, crowdfunding works the other way around. I guess this puts a lot of pressure on people offering their products and/or goods through crowdfunding. And where crowdfunding should actually remove the financial barrier for new manufacturers, it also raises the bar on getting manufacturing and logistic schedules and planning right.

For my part, I know these froggers will be among the best Bloodbowl products to be released in a long time, and I do not have a pressing need to fill that spot in my display case, so I really wish that you, Johnny, keep in mind that you have a lot of backers accepting that you do this on your own, and accept that it takes however long it takes.

In German they say "Gut Ding braucht Weile" which means as much as "doing it right will take it's time"

If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem
smokingmonkee
Veteran
Veteran

Post by smokingmonkee »

the solitaire wrote:For the record, I do not think Darkson was harsh either.

What we have today is a market with an orientation towards "instant satisfaction'. We have crowdfunding, where you get to "see" concepts and sketches of the stuff on offer weeks or months before the products are manufactured, but we got used to decennia of "if you see it on tv, you can buy it in the store next door'. the combination of these does of course result in the expectation that once a crowdfunding campaign ends, shipping will take place and you get your goodies the next day.

The truth of reality couldn't be further away from this buyers dream. Where, in the past, companies spent a year or more to develop and manufacture a product before advertising it, crowdfunding works the other way around. I guess this puts a lot of pressure on people offering their products and/or goods through crowdfunding. And where crowdfunding should actually remove the financial barrier for new manufacturers, it also raises the bar on getting manufacturing and logistic schedules and planning right.

For my part, I know these froggers will be among the best Bloodbowl products to be released in a long time, and I do not have a pressing need to fill that spot in my display case, so I really wish that you, Johnny, keep in mind that you have a lot of backers accepting that you do this on your own, and accept that it takes however long it takes.

In German they say "Gut Ding braucht Weile" which means as much as "doing it right will take it's time"
Well said.

Ribbits
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ribbits »

If anyone who backed the project isn't interested in their frogs anymore, I'd be happy to take them off your hands as I missed the project :wink:

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Ribbits wrote:If anyone who backed the project isn't interested in their frogs anymore, I'd be happy to take them off your hands as I missed the project :wink:
Contact J-Bone on here or on the J-Bone Industries Facebook page, I'm sure he mentioned there being a Ltd quantity of the basic team for sale in some manner. Worth a shout.

Regash

Post by Regash »

fromherashes wrote:
Ribbits wrote:If anyone who backed the project isn't interested in their frogs anymore, I'd be happy to take them off your hands as I missed the project :wink:
Contact J-Bone on here or on the J-Bone Industries Facebook page, I'm sure he mentioned there being a Ltd quantity of the basic team for sale in some manner. Worth a shout.
True!
Oozeboss also seems to have lost interest, maybe a PM to him on't be a mistake either.

Regash

Post by Regash »

It's been a month since J-Bones last update...
Is everything going smoothly? Production running?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Regash

Post by Regash »

WHOOHOO! Image
Thanks, Darkson!

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Does this mean what I think it means! Frogs for Xmas?

smokingmonkee
Veteran
Veteran

Post by smokingmonkee »

fromherashes wrote:
Given that he has to sort everything and package it I'd guess not. Plus let the man enjoy the holuday season, we can ride his ass afterwards. :D

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

smokingmonkee wrote:
fromherashes wrote:
Given that he has to sort everything and package it I'd guess not. Plus let the man enjoy the holuday season, we can ride his ass afterwards. :D
It would be awesome if it was but I'm not going to get upset if it isn't. Also, his ass can remain in pristine condition as far as I'm concerned :)

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

fromherashes wrote: Does this mean what I think it means! Frogs for Xmas?
:lol: lol good luck with that, postage is wild this time of year. Imagine all them tempary agency workers at the royal mail depot using your box of frogs to sit on whilst having another fag break or playing football with. Think I'd rather them be posted after.
smokingmonkee wrote: we can ride his ass afterwards. :D
Was this a stretch goal that i missed? :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.