New Slann miniatures project?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Would you be interested in a high quality team of Slann miniatures?

A) Yes. Sounds ace.
84%
B) No. Naff off.
10%
C) I would rather have somebody create... (List preferred team below)
6%

Total votes: 169

Norse
Da Organiza

Re: New Slann miniatures project?

Post by Norse »

so far nothing in snowy New England. agree with the comments that some kind of info would be nice Johnny - for instance, I'll ship the UK orders this week, then the European orders next week, then ROW.. I don't think people need personalized notifications, but a general indication would have been good..

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Part of a club deal, and so far nothing. :(
Which is probably just as well, as I want to get them painted and don't have the cash right now. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Darkson, you need BRUSHES to paint toy soldiers.. cash doesn't spread the paint evenly enough.. ;-)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
SlannMann
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SlannMann »

howlinggriffon wrote: I took pictures of all the minis and put them on my blog if you want a look?

http://howlinggriffon.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... -team.html
Who did they come to you by Darren? Royal Mail or some other courier firm? I'm a postie in the village I live in and want to know if I (or my work mates cos I have this week off) need to keep an eye out or not.

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

SlannMann wrote:
howlinggriffon wrote: I took pictures of all the minis and put them on my blog if you want a look?

http://howlinggriffon.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... -team.html
Who did they come to you by Darren? Royal Mail or some other courier firm? I'm a postie in the village I live in and want to know if I (or my work mates cos I have this week off) need to keep an eye out or not.
IIRC it was Royal Mail.

Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

Just received a painted Slann team as a tournament prize over the weekend, so...although I'm still looking forward to these, they've moved to the back of my pile of metal to put together and paint.

I'm reaching the point in my Blood Bowl life where I have multiples of the same race...I'm not proud of this fact.

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Djay wrote:Just received a painted Slann team as a tournament prize over the weekend, so...although I'm still looking forward to these, they've moved to the back of my pile of metal to put together and paint.

I'm reaching the point in my Blood Bowl life where I have multiples of the same race...I'm not proud of this fact.
The only race I don't have is Chaos Pact and I have multiples of other races. I am perfectly ok with that though! :D

gninocker
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gninocker »

How would one call this? seller-ambition?
I'm on my fourth of Underworld. But that's it

Oh, and have two of Chaos dwarves when I convert a bunch of Confrontation-miniatures.
And Skaven.

And Dwarves...

And Halflings...

:| second edition mostly.

...Goblins

Regash

Post by Regash »

Djay wrote:I'm reaching the point in my Blood Bowl life where I have multiples of the same race...I'm not proud of this fact.
Don't worry...
There are teams that are so delicious, you just can't let them pass.
For me, it's been the Iron Golem Dwarves! I couldn't resist although I already have a dwarf team.
Then I added some Amazons from Impact, although I got the GW 'Zons. (I don't really like them!)
Next will be Impacts Elves t stand in for my original Pro Elves. (Don't like them either!)

Sometimes you just have to treat yourself and, hey, you still got the option of getting rid of a team or two...

Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

Regash wrote:
Djay wrote:I'm reaching the point in my Blood Bowl life where I have multiples of the same race...I'm not proud of this fact.
Don't worry...
There are teams that are so delicious, you just can't let them pass.
For me, it's been the Iron Golem Dwarves! I couldn't resist although I already have a dwarf team.
Then I added some Amazons from Impact, although I got the GW 'Zons. (I don't really like them!)
Next will be Impacts Elves t stand in for my original Pro Elves. (Don't like them either!)

Sometimes you just have to treat yourself and, hey, you still got the option of getting rid of a team or two...

I'm in a similar boat. Got the GW Norse. Then got the Greebo Norse. Then got the Rolljordan Norse. Then got the Meiko Norse. Am now waiting on the Hungry Troll Norse from their latest kickstarter. I need help. :o

Or maybe just run an all-Norse league where the Block skill would almost be redundant. :lol:

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Regash wrote:
...There are teams that are so delicious, you just can't let them pass.
...Sometimes you just have to treat yourself and, hey, you still got the option of getting rid of a team or two...
Yes, to all the above. Currently have 80 teams after selling a dozen or so. When I first saw this team, I already had four Slann teams and told myself, "Nope, not another one." As it turned out after seeing all the cool minis, I ordered this team only minutes after it went live. Only a few months later purchased an OLD converted Warhammer Fantasy Slann team. Sometimes you have to splurge.

Regash

Post by Regash »

Stout Youngblood wrote:Currently have 80 teams after selling a dozen or so.
:o Okay, that puts even me to shame...

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Don't feel too bad. I have been playing this game since '87. It has been my exclusive miniatures game since 2000. Have sold off most of my armies from both 40k and Warhammer to fund my addiction.

Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

Do you still use all the different versions of the team? "For this tournament I'm going to use Greebo's Norse, but for league I'll use Hungry Troll's"?
Or do you just have them on display somewhere?

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Yes, I have. I also use tournies to give me incentive to paint teams.