New Slann miniatures project?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Would you be interested in a high quality team of Slann miniatures?

A) Yes. Sounds ace.
84%
B) No. Naff off.
10%
C) I would rather have somebody create... (List preferred team below)
6%

Total votes: 169

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: New Slann miniatures project?

Post by Heff »

Hey at least you would not have to look at his hipster goat abusing beard while you did it :lol:

Reason: ''
Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Heff wrote:Hey at least you would not have to look at his hipster goat abusing beard while you did it :lol:
Something to hold on to?

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

This does mean I can start bugging him about how quickly he'll be painting the models now, instead of how quickly they'll be arriving ;) :roll:

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
oozeboss
Rookie
Rookie
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Oz

Post by oozeboss »

G'day - I'm heading off to hospital in an hour's time to have a triple by-pass, so I won't be back around these parts any time soon.

I hope that you all have a brilliant festive season.

See you on the other side.

:orc:

"Everyone loves the underfrog."
PeteW, coaching the NAF Championship Prize (Slann) team, in a FUMBBL game
"I don't really trust a sane person."
Lyle Alzado
Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

oozeboss wrote:G'day - I'm heading off to hospital in an hour's time to have a triple by-pass, so I won't be back around these parts any time soon.

I hope that you all have a brilliant festive season.

See you on the other side.

:orc:
Oof...hope all goes well!

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

oozeboss wrote:I'm heading off to hospital
Even if you don't read it anymore, all the best to you.
Come back safe and sound!

J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Hello all!

I can give you a quick update to let you know how it is going... I have the final metal masters in my hands right now and this means that we can organise the production moulds and the production of all of your lovely minis!

I am on top of things and I should be able to start posting out miniatures early in the new year! I will need confirmation from the casters but they have said that their schedule should allow it so i'm hopeful!

We're on the home stretch!

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Like like like (etc etc etc).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Yeah, that looks awesome :)

You've made an excellent job of this J-Bone (along with Pedro's realisation of your idea).

Good times, roll on 2017.

Regash

Post by Regash »

Regash wrote:WHOOHOO! Image
I only can repeat myself!

The coach looks awesome.
Since this is the master, will the final minis have the same quality?
I really wonder, now that I've seen some campaigns, if all of tgis takes that long for GW, Privateer & Co. too?

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Looks great, and I'm actually a little bit relieved that the frogs won't be shipping during the holiday craziness!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Regash wrote:I really wonder, now that I've seen some campaigns, if all of tgis takes that long for GW, Privateer & Co. too?
I'd imagine so in man-hours, but they've got the advantage of having everything under one roof, so sketching, greens, mastering and molding can be done quicker, if just taking into account the time saved in posting from one place to another.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Darkson wrote:
Regash wrote:I really wonder, now that I've seen some campaigns, if all of tgis takes that long for GW, Privateer & Co. too?
I'd imagine so in man-hours, but they've got the advantage of having everything under one roof, so sketching, greens, mastering and molding can be done quicker, if just taking into account the time saved in posting from one place to another.
Plus it's their jobs... I'm doing this in my spare time as well as working 40 hours a week as an engineer.

There are also other factors like Pedro being busy with other projects as he has to make a living from more than just me and the casters having other, larger companies that sometimes take priority etc. etc.

Long story short, I'm doing my very best to get these to you all as quickly as possible but my absolute number 1 concern is quality.

Thank you all for your patience though. I know this has taken a while longer than planned (mainly as the project ballooned massively over the success level that I initially expected) but I am very proud of the team that Pedro and I have produced and I very much look forward to seeing you all enjoying my miniatures in the near future.

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
sokomano
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sokomano »

J_Bone> Thanks for the news. If the top priority is the quality then we can wait a couple of months more I believe

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

J_Bone wrote:Long story short, I'm doing my very best to get these to you all as quickly as possible but my absolute number 1 concern is quality.
I know I wasn't complaining on the length of time it's taken, and I'm pretty sure Regesh wasn't either, I read his post as a more general question.

As a rule of thumb, I add 1 month per stretch goal unlocked to "delivery time", so you're ahead of schedule. ;)