New Slann miniatures project?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Would you be interested in a high quality team of Slann miniatures?

A) Yes. Sounds ace.
84%
B) No. Naff off.
10%
C) I would rather have somebody create... (List preferred team below)
6%

Total votes: 169

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: New Slann miniatures project?

Post by Heff »

Assuming they are good, which they will be and not making gymnastic floor moves, I will break my self imposed moratorium on buying lead I am in.

Reason: ''
Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
sydo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sydo »

Pedro Ramos, 28mm, 2nd edition style, no crazy poses? So far I love everything about it. Definitely interested.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I voted yes, they're frogs, what's not to like about that!? I'll definitely back it for 60 quid, unless they ugly then I won't lol.

Can more teams be made if this is successful? Elves, Wood Elves old school with mohawks.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

frogboy wrote:I voted yes
Excuse me, but being called frogboy, aren't you a bit biased here?
Just kidding... :orc: :lol:

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

its gonna be hard to do. its an idea that has gone off the rails, so to speak. look at all the different interps of how slann look...impact! is close. alot better than the "kroot" hybird, but the "look" is all over the place, and not in a good way...
i think the high point of the "slann" team interp is rolljordan. hard to top that team.

YMMV.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Season
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Season »

I voted yes since there's only two teams in production that I would consider buying, Roljordan and Gaspez arts. And even then the horned frogs are just a bit too ugly and Gaspez's frogs are hit and miss. Gaspez Arts' team has some of my favorite slann models and my least favorite models.

I've only been playing this game for a few years, but I've really come to appreciate some of the main sculptors that really keep this game alive and thriving. Pedro Ramos has been nothing but consistently fantastic with his sculpts, and I trust that he'd do Slann a lot of justice.

I wanna paint me some frogs!

Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

I think Rolljordan's horned frogs are the best produced so far.

But I'm looking for a 2nd-looking slann team to go with all my 2nd ed teams

I'm not super fond of Ramos sculpts, mainly because they're always too big and he can't sculpt musculature. But if he can get that sorted, i would happily throw my money at a team sculpted like on the 2nd ed drawing :)

vilka
Rookie
Rookie

New Slann miniatures project?

Post by vilka »

Slann? Pedro Ramos? PLEASE YES YES YES YES PLEASE YES!!!!!! I will buy it of course!
The big guy for willy miniatures is fantastic!!!

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Since I'm currently working my way through Gaspez' team (which, despite some failings are imho the best BB Slann out there) I wouldn't buy another Slann squad. There's always from for improvement, though, and Ramos' big frog guy for Willy is an interesting piece (of it can be an indicator of what's potentially down the pipe;line).

J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Thanks for all the feedback everybody... I've been working hard, racking my brains to come up with a good uniform style etc. My initial sketches are with PR right now so progress is being made. It's good to see that a lot of people are into the same style of miniatures as me! Gives me hope for the project! :)

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Should be interesting. Slann are one of those odd teams ... I haven't played them because I don't really know how to play them, and I've only played against them twice. But that could be a side effect of them not having many model options available.

Definitely keep us posted.

I'd be looking for something like a "basic pack" of, say, Krox, 2 each catchers and blitzers, and enough linemen ... and then with optional packs of position players to get up to the max of 4. Even if they never get that far in a league, there are a lot of odd tournament rules and it's always good to have the correct figures for backups.

And if it's at all possible, please please sculpt a hypnotoad for a score marker or mascot or something ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Hahaha... All hail the hypnotoad.

Beardman.
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

I picked "C"--I have Rolljordan's Slann, which are quite nice, and I don't like Slann enough to want more than one team.

That said, I have all the teams I need, and I still can't resist a new Pedro Ramos team (see Iron Golem Dwarves, Vortice Ogres, et al.), so who knows. (And incidentally--if 32mm is what it takes for him to do the great sculpts he does--I'll take it, even if I might prefer them a bit smaller.)

But, what I'd love to see--and I've said this before--would be a Pedro Ramos Human team with old-style American football uniforms--heavy sweaters, leather helmets without facemasks, limited padding:

I'll be interested to see how this project progresses--I would consider doing something like this myself someday if I had the time and the means!

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Yeah, I'll be honest... If this project goes well a human team would be next on my list of teams to do. I'd like to see a nice new human team created too

Beardman.
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

how about a wood elf team in a similar style to 3rd ed elves... but without the really crappy sculpts? :)

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.