Subject changed: New Goblin positionals

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Miniature ideas for the 5 "new" teams

Post by rolo »

Wow those all look awesome, great job!

My only criticism is the square bases, but I know some people love them.

Reason: ''
"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Looking for ideas for 16 Snotlings for Ogre team

Post by Regash »

The more I look at the old Goblins I intended to use for Snots, the less I like them.

So... Anyone with ideas which miniatures will go well as Snots with the Blood Bowl Ogres?
I have plenty of those and don't want to buy new ones.

I'm talking about these ogres:

smokingmonkee
Veteran
Veteran

Post by smokingmonkee »

I haven't painted them up yet but I have the Greebo Buggers.

Regash

Post by Regash »

Hm, not really my style...
But thanks.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Looking for ideas for 16 Snotlings for Ogre team

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Regash wrote:So... Anyone with ideas which miniatures will go well as Snots with the Blood Bowl Ogres?
Impact! Kalle Imps
http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.p ... id=TC_IMPK

$15 for 10 metal imps (ignore the note I need to update that ... they are no longer resin). (3 random duplicates in the 10 pack but no Imp more than twice).

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Todosi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Subject changed: What to use for Snots?

Post by Todosi »

Hungry troll have some fantastic snots.

http://www.hungry-troll.com/ho-metal-snotling

Regash

Post by Regash »

@Todosi: Those look more like goblins to me and on those bases, even their size.

sokomano
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sokomano »

Regash wrote:@Todosi: Those look more like goblins to me and on those bases, even their size.
They are smaller than GW goblins

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Remember the Bloodthirster started life as a Balrog. GW changed their demons from generic to original for Warhammer 4th ed. So, a Balrog figure would make a great BT. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ASwVCv6tTJM/T ... G_2250.JPG or if you think he's too big, they do a 'Dwellers in the dark' model too. http://s152.photobucket.com/user/psmorg ... d.jpg.html

For goblins, I love the old armoured look of 3rd ed. Inspired by Labyrinth, Legend and so on. I saw these http://www.beastsofwar.com/labyrinth/ri ... labyrinth/ They'd make great Squig riders (for Stunty) but if there are a foot version, they'd look great on the BB field.

For Trolls, for me GWs River Trolls (old http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics1 ... 455d0a.jpg and new https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2727/5842 ... 39e1_b.jpg ) are the best looking trolls ever. They'd make a good Warpstone troll, if done in purple or bluey/purple. I'd never use anything else.

The picture you linked. The Snotlings in the picture are actually snotlings (apart from the one in the catching position). These are all 'star players' from 2nd edition. I think the Impact figures are a good shout. I think a lot of wargames manufacturers have great cheaper options. As a lot of their goblins are undersized compared to GW. So their gobs would make great snots. These ones for example are nice examples from a wargame manufacturer. http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/our-ranges/goblinaid

Regash

Post by Regash »

Since Galaks price can't be beat even with long distance shipping cost, I decided to go with them.
So this case is /closed.

@harvestmouse: Incredible how different tastes can be. I'd really wouldn't even think about using those river trolls as I don't like them at all.
And I was really disappointed when GW released the BB Troll based on them as I was so used to Ripper.

With Goblins, I went with original GW Goblins and weaponsnipped them. They are the best looking Goblins out there for my taste.

The Balrog was already in my hands but it is so incredibly huge that I decided against him. That "dweller in the dark" looks kind of interesting, I'll see if I can get more pics of him.
Edit: According to GW, it stands on a 60 mm base! :o That thing is way to huge to be on a BB pitch!

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Look at the pic, he's not that big. He's smaller than a Balrog, but big enough to show the importance of a BT. Remember this is a premium big guy.

Regash

Re: Subject changed: New Goblin positionals

Post by Regash »

Since GW decided to add two new positionals to the Goblins, I had to think about adding them to my roster.
Since the Doom Diver comes with a catapult and costs around 30 € and even on ebay couldn't be had for much less, I decided to turn to my bitsbox and see what I could come up with...

So I used:
  • Goblin Wolfrider Legs
  • Goblin Torso
  • Goblin Arms (weaponsnipped)
  • Goblin Head
  • 2 x Standard from Skaven Storm Vermin Box
  • 2 x Goblin Spears Heads
And the result is this:

ImageImage

I know, crappy pics, still got no decent camera. But I really like how the little guy turned out.

For the 'Ooligan, I think I'll just go with a goblin wielding a cudgel, unless someone's got better ideas?

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

That's awesome! Love how you made the wings from standards, I don't think I would've known if you hadn't mentioned it.

I was looking up squigs on Ebay, and there were some squig herders. One of the goblins had cymbals, which might make a good Ooligan. There was also one with a spear. Pokes people as disturbing presence? Maybe if it was a giant pencil, otherwise it would look like a secret weapon. There was another goblin I saw with bagpipes.

I'm not totally up on my British slang, but I'm guessing an Ooligan is something like an unruly, ruffian sort. So I want something that says rude and in your face, like this guy:

Regash

Post by Regash »

Thanks.
Maybe there are better and more appropriately ripped standards than these but Skaven was all I got as the Goblins are rather dull.
Undead or Chaos perhaps?
But I'm really pleased with how they turned out so he'll stay like that!

At first, I thought about putting a mask over the 'ooligans face, like those worn by bandits in wild west movies, maybe adding a mohawk too, but my greenstuff skills are very limited.
Also thought about a baseball bat instead of a cudgel but in 28 mm? Not in my bits box!
I also thought about a naked torso and maybe adding some braces but Goblins got no naked torsos in their sprues.

It's not only got to be a cool idea, I also have to be able to pull it off! :orc:

Regash

Post by Regash »

So, I ended up creating a goblin who doesn't wield a cudgel but a chain!
And I also managed to put a little mohawk on his head.

Unfortunately, he's the one in front, completely out of focus...

And here they are, may "painted" Gobos!