my dungeonbowl project

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Re: my dungeonbowl project

Post by yggdrasil »

Looks great! The blue surface makes it look like an island rising out of the ocean though. :lol:
Tell us more about the game!

Reason: ''
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Re: my dungeonbowl project

Post by celticgriffon »

I just used a felt cloth to represent deep water. We had a few small sections where there were no cavern walls and you could fall into the water.

A few observations:

1) The first TD was scored very quickly. A werewolf ran to a chest. It was a spiked ball. Carried it to the end zone immediately due to a misplay on one of the defending coaches.
2) Our first coach threw a block and it was a push. After much debate with his team used a re-roll and killed his opponent. It was apothecaried but pretty funny. It was the first time we have had a kill in four years doing an All-Star Game.
3) Second chest was the regular ball.
4) Third chest was a monster.
5) Fourth chest was the living ball. It was never picked up before the game ended.
6) The way I created the dungeon allowed the players to ignore the sections behind the end zones. I think I would add another tunnel from the corner peices to behind the end zones. I would also place the ball somewhere in that tunnel.
7) There was no real incentive to climb levels. I will place chests on higher levels in the next game.
8 ) Nobody went for any chests after the three balls were found. Not really sure how to mitigate this.
9) I think if a player opens a chest it immediately ends their action. This would curb the speed of super fast pieces.
10) I think having the main section only seven spaces wide may have caused a bit more tackle zones and hardship.
11) I think setting up five players on the line of scrimmage and two in the end zone would have made for a more interesting game (instead of three in each zone). More players on the field to start the game would have been better.

Cheers,
Michael

Reason: ''
If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com