What's the cheapest Dwarf team you've seen?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

What's the cheapest Dwarf team you've seen?

Post by Madsherman »

I'm never gonna play dwarves, but sometimes I have non-BB-team-owning friends over and just to have a bit of a selection I think I should have a team ready. Do you guys know of a set of dwarves that are cheap? Been looking a bit at the Kings of War ones too see if they are kitbashable.

Reason: ''
"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Re: What's the cheapest Dwarf team you've seen?

Post by BillyDee »

Warlord Games do the Sister Sledgehammerers for 25GBP. I think you can also get them from Comixminos?
They may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they are cheap.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

The one in the rulebook ???? Disastrous game design.... At least the rerolls aren't 40k anymore.... :roll:

I know... not the answer you were looking for.... :P

Doesn't Impact sell a $35 team?

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

they don't actually.. There' an elfball (65$) team, but it doesn't look like it contains the same positionals :/

and I don't want to sound sexist, but I'd like a guy dwarf team.

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

Good call, forgot Black Scorpion had done a Dwarf team.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

Just be aware of the fact that the troll slayers are nude in the Black Scorpion team... again, may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Not sure it's objectively the cheapest, but I had a lot of fun converting some of the Dreadball forefathers with some plastic bits to make my dwarfs:

http://nzbbn.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=817

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Am I looking at the wrong forgefathers? I only see all dwarves with the same helmets.. Yours have different heads?

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

mikeyc222 wrote:Just be aware of the fact that the troll slayers are nude in the Black Scorpion team... again, may not be everyone's cup of tea.
Actually I really like that they're nude :D seems very trollslayerlike. However they ARE wearing helmets? now THAT'S weird.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Madsherman wrote:Am I looking at the wrong forgefathers? I only see all dwarves with the same helmets.. Yours have different heads?
Wirecutters ;) The lineman and blitzer heads you see can in my link are just some GW plastics. The runners and slayers have parts from the avatars of war slayer kit. I think all the rest is just forgefather.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

I would also say Black Scorpion. They are nice figures, too.
I guess i'm "old school", as I don't really like their "idea" of a Deathroller(or any of the other "interpretations" of the GW "classic" style of the DeathRoller).
But thats just me. Not a fan of "power armored" suits on the pitch*.

*I DO like the "contraptions" impact! makes for the Gnome team, as i think they "fit the background" of that team. :D

Rick Sanchez lives!
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Madsherman wrote:they don't actually.. There' an elfball (65$) team, but it doesn't look like it contains the same positionals :/

and I don't want to sound sexist, but I'd like a guy dwarf team.
If you wanted a nice looking female dwarf team, i'd say go with ShadowForge.

I have them, and they are much better than the "other" female dwarf team, which a league mate calls "fat strippers on crack". :lol:

Rick Sanchez lives!
the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

You could also try picking up some plastic dwarves from the DUngeonbowl set.

Or buy a plastic dwarf regiment box and 2 slayers from ebay.

The black scorpion team does not look half bad. Think I would go for those if I did not already own 2 dwarf teams. Selling my 3rd edition Dwarf team btw. Shipping might be prohibitive though

If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

the solitaire wrote:Selling my 3rd edition Dwarf team btw.
HERE is someone looking for a GW dwarf team but wouldn't want to pay my price.
Maybe he likes yours?