How do you make a raised-from-the-dead ghoul??

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dfunkateer
Veteran
Veteran

How do you make a raised-from-the-dead ghoul??

Post by dfunkateer »

Yo,

I'm playing necro in my local league and decided that when I raise a new zombie, I'll make a model of that race and add him to the team.

In my last league game (vs undead) my opponent's ghoul failed a dodge and died :lol:

Question - how do you make a ghoul look like it's a zombie-ghoul that's died and been raised from the dead?

I have a box of whfb crypt ghouls I could use but they look like ghouls (obs) and nothing like zombies and if it still looks like a ghoul, that'd just be confusing.

Ta,

Dfunk.

Reason: ''
"He's a better player than he looks." Geggster about Dfunkateer, Stone Bowl 2018.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: How do you make a raised-from-the-dead ghoul??

Post by rolo »

I'm not sure what Crypt Ghouls look like, but a lot of ghoul figures for Blood Bowl are very dynamic and show the ghouls in motion - running or throwing or whatever.

I'd try to make it just standing there passively, arms hanging to the side, if possible jaw hanging open or torn off. Maybe some visible injuries like broken ribs, paint some blood and rot on there :)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Maybe if you combined the bits from the crypt ghouls with a plaguebearer?

Use the head and arms from the ghoul, add some shoulder pads and possibly loin cloth of other armour. Only trouble is it will be a bit bigger than normal crypt ghouls if you use those.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Hammer zombie regiment bods n heads with ghoul arms...?

Some of the old hammer ghouls look a lot less dynamic http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-vampi ... SwQgpXAA48

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
dfunkateer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dfunkateer »

Thanks for the tips guys. My necro team is from Willy so the models are a slightly bigger scale than most which means that a fantasy ghoul may look zombie-sized.

Time to raid my bits box for broken limbs and spare armour.

"He's a better player than he looks." Geggster about Dfunkateer, Stone Bowl 2018.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Search engine at Reaper Miniatures for ghoul or ghast... they should match Willy's size well....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"