The Mighty Orks,ork team campaign running on Indiegogo

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Eddard
Rookie
Rookie

The Mighty Orks,ork team campaign running on Indiegogo

Post by Eddard »

Hi guys, we are The Mighty Orks and we want to introduce our first Fantasy Football team that we will lauch on Indiegogo. The campaign will start on April 15th, but you can see an advance here

https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/884d0b1b

We are also running a contest in Facebook, so you can win a complete team, including all the unlocked stretch goals.

https://www.facebook.com/themightyorks

Please take a look to the campaign, comment and share, we will appreciate it a lot.

We want also thanks a lot to Willy Miniatures, for their support in this project and their valuable advices.

Reason: ''
Eddard
Rookie
Rookie

Re: The Mighty Orks, new project and campaign on Indiegogo 1

Post by Eddard »

Some people have asked for bigger pics, so here they are

https://www.facebook.com/themightyorks/ ... 9858722089

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

You might want to check your bigger pic link. It shows a willy chaos team

Eddard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eddard »

Yes, wrong link, now it's fixed

Eddard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eddard »

Remember, we start on Friday 15th at 20:00 (UTC+2). Don't miss it, the early birds are waiting, you can get an amazing ork team for just 50€!!!!

Eddard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eddard »

Just one day!!! We start at 20:00 (UTC+2). Don't miss it!!!

And remember that we are running a contest in Facebook. We will make the raffle 1 hour before the start of the campaign. It's really easy to join!!!

https://www.facebook.com/themightyorks/ ... 7118744363

Eddard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eddard »

We start at 20:00!!!! https://t.co/H1juePG0sv

Eddard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eddard »

Eddard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eddard »

Hi guys, after 4 days we have achieved around the 20% of the goal. We still trust in that we can make it, but we need your help, so if you are interested into see this team comes true, please share the campaign in your social newtworks, talk with your friends and help us to arrive to the maximum of people

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the- ... eam#/story

Of course, we also want your feedback. Comment and let us know your thoughts about the campaign.

Thanks

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: The Mighty Orks,ork team campaign running on Indiegogo

Post by Madsherman »

I'm not in the market for orcs, since I own the old box, and never really play them. But I guess I can still give a bit of feedback:

1: The pictures on the campaign page are a bit small. You have rectified this somewhat with new pics on the FB page, but it wold be a lot easier for backers if they could see the bigger pics or detail shots on the campaign page.

2: The figures are filled with many details in various shades of green and white, again making it really hard to see the design. Maybe run the pics through photoshop, make them B/W and tweak the levels, so you get a better feel for the details?

3: This is my personal taste, but these look too big for me. In my mind an orc should resemble a ST3 size and all these look ST4. The thrower could be a black orc for all I can see. But that may change when the new blood bowl boardgame comes out :) ..and on the last note: I don't think the actual design does anything for me.. They don't have anything special to make them stand out from all the other orc teams out there.

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
dfunkateer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dfunkateer »

If I can't see a model clearly, I'm unlikely to fund a project and like Madsherman said, it's not easy to make out the details on the photos.

Could you get some of the models painted - if not the full team, just 1 of each position? I'm no expert but in my opinion photos of painted models look far better than greens.

I like the models but for me the timing isn't the best - I'm unlikely to buy an orc or human team or a new field when a new box from GW is on the way.

Good luck with the campaign.

"He's a better player than he looks." Geggster about Dfunkateer, Stone Bowl 2018.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Hi,

One of my biggest concerns with any new team is that the positions be immediately obvious, not only for me, but for an opponent who has never seen the models before. You never want to have to ask "Is that a Black Orc or a Blitzer?", it needs to be obvious at a glance.

This especially seems to be a problem with Orc teams, with a lot of Orcs on the market it's more or less impossible to tell. GW's team solves it mostly with pose (the Blitzers are dynamic and running, the linemen are smaller, the Black Orcs are all reaching up with a fist). It looks kind of corny but you can tell the difference.

Maybe it's the pictures, but your Black Orcs look worrisomely similar to Blitzers. Compare for example Blitzer #2 with Black Orc #4. Their pose is similar, their equipment is similar. Are the Black Orcs appreciably larger? Hard to tell. Is Thrower #2 holding a ball? I can't really tell him apart from a lineman.

The other issue is, no Troll! If there were a troll as a stretch goal, maybe instead of a Star Player, I'd be much more likely to back your project.

Please don't take this as too negative, the models look good and I'm thinking of backing it anyway. Things which will make this more likely:
- Include a picture comparing Blitzers and Black Orcs, hopefully showing that the BO's are obviously larger.
- Include a picture with a scale ruler, hopefully showing at least the linemen and blitzers at about 28mm.
- Add a troll!!! :)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

rolo wrote: Maybe it's the pictures, but your Black Orcs look worrisomely similar to Blitzers.
This is a general orc team problem IMO.

It is super easy to distinguish the positionals in the boxed game, but almost all the 3rd party orc teams are a jumble of muscles, armor and details.

-but yes, get a couple of them test-cast and painted (even a medium grey with a wash on top will do) so people can see what they are backing :)

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Eddard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eddard »

Hi guys, thanks for your comments.

We have an important announcement to make. After a lot of thinking, we have decided to unlock all the Stretch Goals from the campaign. So now if you support us, you get a full 16 players team, including 4 blitzers, 4 black orks, 4 linemen, 2 throwers, 1 goblin and 1 star player. Of course those who have supported us will have the same reward.

We are making a big effort to do this keeping the same price for the pledge levels, so we hope our initiative has a good response and we can get the enough support to fund our project.

So please, more than ever, share and help to spread the project among the maximum number of people.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the- ... 526#/story

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Awesome!

Can you add a perk to buy a second Goblin?

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"