Simyan Models?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

kdwv
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Simyan Models?

Post by kdwv »

pauli42 wrote:Amazing work kdwv..thanks alot! We need definitely more blood bowl apes miniatures..most of all i need some really good gorillas..
Cheers, thought as I am trying to find all suitable models might as well share what i find with folk.

totally forgot about these guys, bough a bunch of minis for frostgrave from their anthropomorphic range. I would highly recomend the company. I bout roughly 20 minis from them and they added 5 random minis for free.

An amazing wizard - http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop ... -mage.html

Reason: ''
Dark Duke
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dark Duke »

It looks like there are plenty of gorilla models out there, however, we lack more options for bonovos (Impact's team only has one model). I found this baboon horde that could be a good proxy but I'm afraid it won't be easy to find: https://shop.strato.de/epages/61074886. ... F%20100%22

Life is short, block fast.
kdwv
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kdwv »

Dark Duke wrote:It looks like there are plenty of gorilla models out there, however, we lack more options for bonovos (Impact's team only has one model). I found this baboon horde that could be a good proxy but I'm afraid it won't be easy to find: https://shop.strato.de/epages/61074886. ... F%20100%22
Yeah i came across obelisk miniatures before, their killer ape would have made excellent gorillas too. Unfortunately they are out of business and no one took up their African line form what i have seen. I think if they were open I would have gone down the route of using the baboons too. But don't think I'll invest time tracking them down.

There is actually no model by impact miniatures for the bonobo, they are basically chimpanzees anyway. The other model is a gibbon and from what I have read, that position was dropped during the play testing.

Dark Duke
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dark Duke »

kdwv wrote:There is actually no model by impact miniatures for the bonobo, they are basically chimpanzees anyway. The other model is a gibbon and from what I have read, that position was dropped during the play testing.
I was planning to use gibbons as bonobos since I need the chimpanzees models to be... er.... chimps themselves :P That's why I was interested in more options for bonobos since the ones you plan to use are a bit too futuristic for me and that still leave us with only two options.

Life is short, block fast.
fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

kdwv wrote:
Dark Duke wrote:It looks like there are plenty of gorilla models out there, however, we lack more options for bonovos (Impact's team only has one model). I found this baboon horde that could be a good proxy but I'm afraid it won't be easy to find: https://shop.strato.de/epages/61074886. ... F%20100%22
Yeah i came across obelisk miniatures before, their killer ape would have made excellent gorillas too. Unfortunately they are out of business and no one took up their African line form what i have seen. I think if they were open I would have gone down the route of using the baboons too. But don't think I'll invest time tracking them down.

There is actually no model by impact miniatures for the bonobo, they are basically chimpanzees anyway. The other model is a gibbon and from what I have read, that position was dropped during the play testing.
Bonobos are literally a different type of the Pan genus. They are slimmer than Chimps and slightly smaller in build and height. Those impact bonobos are pretty spot on in comparison to the impact chimps.

kdwv
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kdwv »

fromherashes wrote:
kdwv wrote:

Bonobos are literally a different type of the Pan genus. They are slimmer than Chimps and slightly smaller in build and height. Those impact bonobos are pretty spot on in comparison to the impact chimps.
I can see what you are getting at but the arms are far to long imo. However they so make and excellent proxy and i thought about using them too. But the single model kind of stopped me. I did think about mixing the baboon and gibbon just to get some variance. But think I might do some conversion on the pulp city lemurs.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Thought I'd add my own contribution to this thread, a zombie ape. He was converted from dire wolf limbs, a black orc body and savage orc head and feet along with some other parts and a lot of greenstuff.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

It's obvious to me this is an opportunity for someone like greebo to take a bit of a risk and design up a simian team. Like the brettonians team you'd be surprised how well it would do. Particularly if it had a planet of the apes theme...

Appreciate it was Impact's idea and maybe there'd be a JV to be done...