Aino's Chaos Pact

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Aino's Chaos Pact

Post by Aino »

Hej all,
I have been shopping left and right for some second edition miniatures lately with the aim of constructing my Chaos Pact team with it. Obviously when you say pact and second edition minis most Blood Bowl fans will start thinking about the famous Chaos all-Stars even more so with Galak/Impact making it possible to collect them.

However, with a wife, 2 young kids and a house under renovation (and a car to replace as someone had the wonderful idea to run into my parked car at 4 am two weeks ago), I do not think I have the kind of cashflow to pull this off. Additionally, I already had some suitable minis lying around, both 2nd edition and older (1980’s) Warhammer battle minis. The older greater demons that have been lying around and collecting dust for 15-20 years; the Bloodthirster, the Keeper of Secrets and the Great Unclean one, just seem perfect to become the Ogre, Mino and troll of this team.

With that in mind and looking for a new team to play in our local Brussels league I started thinking it was about time to really get going with this project.

Now before starting to go into the real hobby side of this, just a few words of thanks to my suppliers; Thank you to:
• The BBRC; for supplying me with a great game! Without your admirable and voluntary work the game might have withered away and died. I for one would maybe not be playing anymore…
• Axiom, for some of the minis but maybe more importantly for showing your superb work on your necromantic and skaven teams (and other on-going projects like Dark elves, harpies, etc). Thank you for the inspiration!
• Brage97 and elmarcello. Your minis will be put to good use … I hope ;)
• Hugues… Unknow to you guys, no TFF member. My best friend who had the stupid idea of being in a crash on Halloween 2006 and passing away, leaving me with a void and some miniatures as inheritance.
• To all of you on the forum for sharing the passion for Blood Bowl !
Also note that this is my first WIP log and with a wife, 2 young kids and a house under renovation (I already mentioned that didn’t I? ;) ), progress might not be so quick...

Anyhow, enjoy (hopefully) be critical and give me feedback!

To start off; here is some of the base material I’ll be working with:

William - Aino

Reason: ''
Fighting signature size creep ;)
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Aino's Chaos Pact

Post by Aino »

No progress at the moment as I am plastering and painting the master bedroom. I told you it would be slow ! ;)
anyhow; here are some individual shots

First Spleenripper... Off course he will stand in for Ugroth Bolgrot in the final team, so not the highest priority on my painting (or converting list). It shows a what use to be finished mini (15 years ago) in need of stripping a redoing all over. But it is in mint condition otherwise and will not do any cutting or modelling on him as I like him just the way he is.

Then we have Goreblade, soon to take up his role as marauder in the pact team. I am rather unsure if I will make any modifications to this mini. He is quite static and I would like to have something done about him, then again I do not have piles of 2nd ed miniature to cut up to convert, so maybe a half decent paintjob will have to do...

Then we have the salvaged parts... I give you Von Hawkfire as hehas been lying in the bitz box for some tine now. Almost threw him away before buying and moving into "the new house". I am glad I didn't. He needs extensive work, but I already have an idea for him. Can't wait to get starting on this one and turn him into "Krebs Crabman"!

W

Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

Good luck with it man!

Good to see the minis will be put to use :-)

I actually collected the minis you bought from me, to make a Pact theme. Unfortunately I gave up before I could get started. I'm rooting for you to pull it through!!

:D

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Brage97 wrote:Good luck with it man!

Good to see the minis will be put to use :-)

I actually collected the minis you bought from me, to make a Pact theme. Unfortunately I gave up before I could get started. I'm rooting for you to pull it through!!

:D
Thx for the encouragements!...
Those minis scream PACT now don't they.

I think I needed to make this thread in order to pull it off (I usually get side-tracked way too quickly!). I have good hope I will make it. The goals is to have the team complete for the finals of our next season (starting next month and running until ? December?) of our tabletop league in Brussels.

W

axiom
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by axiom »

Really looking forward to seeing what you do with that exciting pile of lead! The decapitated Duke Luthor is the perfect excuse to make something unique, and trust me, once you start, you won't stop!

Just remember, every piece you cut from one model is a potential component for another conversion.

Good luck!

(oh, very flattering to see the thanks in the Oscar speech :D )

http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
elmarcello
Experienced
Experienced

Post by elmarcello »

Aino,

Good luck with the team! I would like to play against them one time.
How did you do the freehand on the saw?? did you paint it?

Cheers,
Elmarcello

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

elmarcello wrote: How did you do the freehand on the saw?? did you paint it?
Yes; some 15 odd years ago when my hands were steady and my eyesight still perfect... didn't even use the magnifying glass/lamp back then.

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

axiom wrote: Just remember, every piece you cut from one model is a potential component for another conversion.
Advise taken! I will not throw away a single cut piece from this project!
axiom wrote: Good luck!
Thx.. I'll need it
axiom wrote: (oh, very flattering to see the thanks in the Oscar speech :D )
Well deserved mention Axiom. You work has pushed me into doing this ...really

W

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

"Nobody carries the Dog Boy!"

Fun memories! My first Blood Bowl tournament with 7 friends back in 1995 or 96. That summer one of the commercial TV channels in Belgium had you call or text to vote for one of 2 suggested movies for the evening. Around noon we found out one of the 2 potentials movies was "The Salute of the Jugger". I had never heard of it, but most of my friend new it and crossed their fingers. We were lucky that day. Not only did we have a blast playing BB, but by the time the final was going on we could watch Sallow, Ghandy, Kidda and the rest of the team putting dog skulls on a stick. (If any of you are as oblivious as I was back then, google The Salute of the Jugger - or The Blood of Heroes, same movie slightly different ending) and enjoy.

What has this got to do with my pact team... Well, I present you the first player; Dog Boy!
Still some work to do; got to clean up the joint between the head(s) and the torso. I'm thinking of adding a dog collar also ;)

W

axiom

Post by axiom »

Love it! It's crazy as Chaos should be. You've cut the heads from the two-headed chaos hound, right?

I'd be tempted to convert (or sculpt) one of his feet into a dog-style foot too, perhaps like one of the old beastmen: http://www.solegends.com/citcat19912/c2 ... men-00.htm

Or you could even add a waggy tail ;)

http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

axiom wrote:Love it! It's crazy as Chaos should be.
Thanks!
axiom wrote:You've cut the heads from the two-headed chaos hound, right?
That's where the piece came from. Not sure what it was to begin with, as I inherited it and it was lying in my bitz box for the last 7-8 years
axiom wrote:I'd be tempted to convert (or sculpt) one of his feet into a dog-style foot too...
Never enough cutting and converting for you right?!
But now that you mention it,....

W

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Did some work on cleaning up the neck of "Dog Boy". Opted out on the dog collar in the end as it would sit strangely on the 2 dog necks, and unsure on how it would fit on the front and back of the miniature so it would look "realistic".

Already started on the next player whose nickname will be "Crabman" for obvious reasons. Had no time to take pictures yesterday evening but here's a teaser; some of the donor miniatures/ parts used:

W

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

I reckon crab man is gonna rock! Love the work so far.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Fassbinder75 wrote:I reckon crab man is gonna rock! Love the work so far.
I hope you are right ;)... I haven't screwed it up so far and I am more or less half way with Crabman.

Thank you for the support!

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

axiom wrote:
I'd be tempted to convert (or sculpt) one of his feet into a dog-style foot too...
Never enough cutting and converting for you right?!
But now that you mention it,....
Same here! Some suggestions for Dog Boy: the arm that points down, could be replaced. tabletop-art offers some great conversion bits and the owner of the store is very friendly. The page can be set to english language at the top of the screen.

http://www.tabletop-art.de/Bloody-Sport ... nger-Set-1

Second up, the legs. It might by just me, but he kind of needs something there. If they get cut off below the kneepads some replacement will look good. Axiom allready had the idea, beastmen-legs probably work finde here.

Last advice I can give you with the small amount of time you have - paint the minis one by one. I know it sounds like using up more time, and yes, it is. BUT you will stay rather motivated, since you see a real progress happening on each player. You might have seen the pics I posted in the Skycastle Titans teamthread. I actually have the same problem/blessing as you, which I will simply call "the regular life" ;) So I have quite the feeling for having only a small chunk of time at disposal for a hobby like this. This method also has the nice sideeffect of your painting skills evolving quicker, becaus you finish up a whole spot completely before moving to the next ("Skin", "Belts", "Clothing", "Pads/Metal", and so on).

Cheers
Dino