Heartsbane's collected teams, star players and WIPs

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Heartsbane
Experienced
Experienced

Heartsbane's collected teams, star players and WIPs

Post by Heartsbane »

Hi all,

I thought I'd share some pics of my blood bowl minis on here. Actually, I've wanted to for a while, but only just got myself a lightbox which lets me take decent photos...

Despite the title, this thread is going to build up slowly over time as I photo the (3) teams I have painted, and (even more slowly) as I paint new teams.

To begin with, my elves. This is the team I put together for the world cup in Lucca, and I was very humbled and thrilled to win the prize for best painted team. They were lots of fun to assemble and paint. I was aiming for a team that had bright, vibrant colours, an identity of their own and looked like they had something of a carnival atmosphere about them. I also wanted them to be dynamic, as elves should be, and in this was inspired by some of poses used by the MK1881 team which had come out not long before I worked on them. I also put more effort into the bases than I have for previous teams, which has paid off, so I'll be doing that for all teams going forwards.

And yes, they're on square bases. I like squares, they fit nicely on the board and allow easy attachment of skill markers. I'm hoping if I keep doing it long enough, it'll catch on.

Hope you like 'em! Comments, queries, criticism and questions all welcome :D

Reason: ''
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: Heartsbane's collected teams, star players and WIPs

Post by Joemanji »

Like. :D

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Beautiful!!!

But honestly, square bases...?! :D

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

They look great, love the colours. Are they kit bashed or are they a particular line of minis?

Heartsbane
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Heartsbane »

Thanks all for the kind words.

Fromherashes, they're based on games workshop harlequins, with heads from a company called maxmini (they list them as "steel crow tribe"). Dark eldar wyches and dark elf corsairs (both from GW) provided some arms and a torso, and the ball held by the thrower is from RN estudio.There's also a fair bit of green stuff in there, to the extent I think they qualify as full blown conversions rather than a kit bash. For example the back of each torso, where the tech looking backpack was removed, along with adding shoulder pads in places.
Saebelsultan wrote:But honestly, square bases...?! :D
Yup, it'll catch on, you'll see! ;)

Metalface13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Metalface13 »

While I'm not a big fan of the bug-eyed mohawk helmets, and the long coats are slightly better than capes, and some of the poses are a little too acrobatic for my tastes the conversion work is seamless and the paint job is fantastic. Well done!

Heartsbane
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Heartsbane »

I hope I said updates would be infrequent... ;)

Still, I've done some painting. First up, my take on the excellent necromantic team Grebo produced for the world cup:

Heartsbane
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Heartsbane »

And next, two star players I painted up for my Norse team. Whilst the Norse are only fairly basic tabletop standard (which may directly relate to why I've not found the motivation to photo them yet), I've really put some effort in to the stars.

Here's Zara (from RN Estudio). I found this a great mini to work with, though in hindsightI should have used a touch of greenstuff to fill in where her arms meet her shoulders. Am very happy with how the flesh tones and whites turned out on her:

And here's Boomer, from Iron Golems. I wasn't that keen on the model for most of it, particularly the sculpting on the quilted armor. However the face and the character in his expression was superb, and really made the mini. And yes, I missed a mould line on his shoulder. :(