Kaosball miniature size

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Kaosball miniature size

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi guys!

Does anyone out there have the Kaosball set? I'm looking for an idea on the scale of the models if at all possible please, as compared to blood bowl stuff - the amazons, the vampires, the ogres ideally. Just against a human Lineman maybe?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

S

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Kaosball miniature size

Post by Regash »

There are several Kaosball Videos on YouTube.

I haven't seen one with an actual mini comparison or a ruler beside a mini, but maybe they'll give you an idea about their size.

Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LimJnI0iz30

The goblins look awfully tiny, maybe the size of snotlings.

Go check it out for yourself, hope it does help you.

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Here you go. Sorry for the poor picture quality.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Kaosball miniature size

Post by Shteve0 »

Thanks so much! That's awesome :)

Now I can use this image to figure out the rest :D

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Are those "pre painted" figures, Steve?

Rick Sanchez lives!
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi John - no, I dont believe so.
images (14).jpg
I'm looking at the box for conversion potential. It's on offer on the coolminiornot store and though there's only two poses per team reckoned I might be able to get a couple of blood bowl squads from it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

I kickstarted it for conversion purposes. I only backed the core plus catgirls. Stretch goals included goblins, barbarians, and zombie teams.

Enough vampires for two teams of vamps
zombies team makes rotters and nurgle warriors
demon team (with conversion) makes pestigors and some Khorne
I used the catgirls for thralls (heavy conversion to remove guns)
Amazons can be pitfighters or thralls
Cthulhu is my beast of nurgle (removed wings). I think there is another reasonable beast in there.
Minotaurs are always handy (Cthulhu wings will make mine a bloodthirster)
ogres make two teams worth of ogres (minor conversion needed)
I'm using goblins for goblins with conversion for positionals, but some would use them for snotlings
I intended barbarians for norse, but it would have required significant work to distinguish positionals.
I intended to dual purpose the goblins with hobgoblins, but that would require different dwarfs than ended up picking. Can dual purpose with snotlings though
some kaosball stars can make BB stars/big guys (multiple options for Zara, the godzilla could make a kroxigor for the right team. . .)
various kaosball humans can make various BB humans, but I listed the ones that appealed to my tastes.
kaosball coaches busts can be used for nice sideline BB markers

the original sculpts looked great, but the production quality varies from poor to good so you don't get all the original details
the plastic is hard to work with. Kind of rubbery, doesn't file or clean up easily.
everything is pre-assembled, which can make some picky painters annoyed

Not the greatest figures (I love the vamp sculpt, wish the fig had more detail), but I think I paid about $120 and got 5 teams I'm satisfied with and a sixth if I was desperate.

crappy English skill use today <shrug>

Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

Kaosball is my biggest Kickstarter regret mostly because I went all-in for the $255 and only played it a couple times because the game just wasn't that good.

I sold off a few of the teams...still have some of the others that I can use for conversions eventually, but just haven't got around to it since I keep kickstarting new teams. One guy in my league uses the hellcats and it works fine for Blood Bowl.