RAG Rolljordan - Halfling Team COncept Art

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

molten
Veteran
Veteran

Re: RAG Rolljordan - Halfling Team Concept Art

Post by molten »

New concept for basic uniform style done.

Ok hope the concept artist/sculptor will not kill me :) I will ask some changes.

Any suggestion on a theme. Byzantine look was already used.

Something like this:

or Grandma:

I need something for him to get some inspiration.

Or Roman Legionary Halflings? ? :lol: :lol:

Reason: ''
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Re: RAG Rolljordan - Halfling Team COncept Art

Post by TheAzman »

I think that Halflings that look like the leather helmet old-time American football players would be awesome! I could picture that as probably being really popular. Leather helmets with the cheek/ear protectors, very small pads underneath pullover sweaters, etc. You get the idea. Add in a few chicken drumsticks or a cupcake or two and POOF! Instant, uniform, hilarious Halflings. :-)

Just thought I'd chime in.

Winning... it beats losing.
007hor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 007hor »

Just to give some feedback:

They are great concepts, beautifully done by a very talented artist. But there are a few things I'm not particularly keen on. First being the tankards and middle fingers. For me, halflings are not beer swilling and vulgar, that's the dwarfs and norse. The other being the armour. Most have what looks like decent armour including greaves, pauldrons and poleyns, yet they have helmets that are either falling to bits or have been found in a pantry. I know the the pan/colander/pot helmet has been a thing for a while, but it stands out on these to me. I also like the treeman construct idea too, but the crane kick pose, not so much.

I have found that people generally want a halfling team that is the right size. The Willy Ultimate halflings are perfect to me, in terms of style, but are a little too big for my liking.

Anyway, good luck with your project.

edit: And just to add, I love the Cyanide halfling with the pan helmet and turkey leg above. Perfect.

That was liquid football!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

molten wrote:So a cleaner and more uniformed style.
Well, cleaner only in the artwork, so that it's easy to actually see what you're proposing. ;)

But yeah, more uniform. They don't all need to be equipped exactly the same, but something to actually tie them together as a team, rather than just as a bunch of halflings that have turned up in the same place.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

Darkson wrote:
molten wrote:So a cleaner and more uniformed style.
Well, cleaner only in the artwork, so that it's easy to actually see what you're proposing. ;)

But yeah, more uniform. They don't all need to be equipped exactly the same, but something to actually tie them together as a team, rather than just as a bunch of halflings that have turned up in the same place.
Thanks! For expressing what I was feeling, but didn't know what was.

Yes, however you make them, they should look more like a team, not just like a bunch of different concepts

Kumulo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kumulo »

As told, each miniatures are cool 1 by 1 but I think there isn't what makes a team : a guideline between the models.

As it was said too, beer is not the most representative sign of halflings but food, yes.
Maybe tale a story on that could be a good idea, like the the chef and his pot as center piece (for coach or chef) and each halfling has a piece of food in his hand or eating it ...

molten
Veteran
Veteran

Post by molten »

:D thx guys just saved us a few thousand euros.
I will try to get a few concepts done, we will base them on the colored model above or look at the old football uniform with leather helmets.
I hope to get some updates very soon.

molten
Veteran
Veteran

Post by molten »

Ok lets see if this fits a better imaginary :D

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

I like this concept better, as the halfling looks like a blood bowl player, which I commented on earlier.

Could be a cool team

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Much better. Of course, would need to see more examples but this one pic alone is better than the ones in the OP.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

The left hand head makes me think of popeye rather than blood bowl but that aside you very much have my attention and potentially my money....

GeordieBowl IX 2017 - Wooden Spoon
molten
Veteran
Veteran

Post by molten »

:D this model was just to test the uniform style. Seems like we got it right.
The whole team will be similar in order to look like a team and not peasants joining a game.
First green has been commissioned to see what it come out.

molten
Veteran
Veteran

Post by molten »

First sculpt, will try to get better pics. Being two mediums is not very clear but should give an idea.
What do you think of this one?
Antonio

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I like it.

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Yeah, that's pretty cool, wasn't convinced by the concepts but the green looks good!