New referee models coming soon from Forge World

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... rge-world/

Very 'Cyanidey' in appearance. Not sure about the Halfling but the Goblin looks pretty decent

Reason: ''
Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Ringbeard
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Ringbeard »

Love the gobbo. You can't see from that photo angle but the coin he's flipping is an exact replica of the one you get in the box.

The Waterbowl, home of Blood Bowl in Manchester: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1439880136307855/
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: New referee models coming soon from Forge World

Post by rolo »

The fling with the sandwich is awesome too.

The link in the article doesn't work, at least for me. I'd love some more information. Like when exactly ("Before Christmas", presumably Christmas 2016). Where? (In a store or only direct from FW?) And most importantly, when is FW going to offer the rumored kits to finish the starting teams?

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
dfunkateer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dfunkateer »

With referee models incoming, it makes me wonder if we'll see a new rule for them on par with the new "Argue the Call" rule if you have a Head Coach model.

Maybe there'll be a Dreadball-style rule where the distance that a ref is from a foul affects how likely it is they'll spot it?

"He's a better player than he looks." Geggster about Dfunkateer, Stone Bowl 2018.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Something looks off about the arms of both models, maybe it's the picture but they look way out of proportion.

Oddly they don't look like GW models at all, so I am a little concerned if the forgeworld stuff is going to differ from the plastics we've seen so far.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

[quote="spubbbba"]Oddly they don't look like GW models at all,quote]

I totally agree with you there, I don't know what it is, but they just don't 'have it'.' if I saw them on the Willy miniatures page, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. Forgeworld usually have that, I don't know, more gritty/adult look? I can't explain it. That said, Bloodbowl is about humour, so dark isn't really in keeping with the game ethos.