Replacement hands?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GreyKnight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star
Location: Spreading the word of Nuffle in my robes, socks, and opened-toed sandals.

Replacement hands?

Post by GreyKnight »

Anyone know of a manufacturer that sells separate 28mm hands? I don't like how the new minis all seem to be wearing a knuckleduster on each hand (what happens when the ball lands at their feet?)

Cheers!

Reason: ''
[color=gray][b]GreyKnight[/b][/color]
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Replacement hands?

Post by mawph »

I've found that hands from the plastic zombie sprues are good. They're both on the models and extended items (such as battle standards etc.). I haven't checked how well they stand up against the new larger models though.

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Tabletop-arts does, but only for throwers and catchers.

http://www.tabletop-art.de/Bloody-Sport ... cher-Set-1

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
GreyKnight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star
Location: Spreading the word of Nuffle in my robes, socks, and opened-toed sandals.

Post by GreyKnight »

Thanks Rolo, if only they did normal hands too. :-?

Good idea Mawph, I ordered a load of zombie hands and electro-priest hands from a bits service.

[color=gray][b]GreyKnight[/b][/color]
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I would love it if there were more generic Blood Bowl hands. Those are always one of the hardest things to get as most fantasy and sci-fi models have a weapon in one or both hands. Chopping them off always looks weird and awkward.

Trouble is you'd need so many different sizes and styles due to the wide variety of races and even within the races you have some pretty big differences depending on the manufacturer you choose.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

No problems - the bonus on the zombie hands is that there's a whole load of open, empty hands on the sprues. My Goblin team has a bunch of these attached to them, as the goblin arms are pretty good for posing, if you've also got open hands

I've managed to get a goblin in a "handing off" pose (requires you not to be looking too closely to the anatomy of the arm ;)) as well as a couple of goblins who look as though they're running and stretching for a thrown ball. Pictures might follow at some point :roll:

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM WALES!
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Awesome suggestions! I've clipped or filed most of the spikes so far, so that hasn't been much of a problem. However, my preference is that only the thrower has a ball in hand. Which means I would love to replace the hand on the Human catcher. I'll likely give some of these a try. Especially the catcher gloves, as that's still one of the things I loved about the old Human Catchers.

the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

spubbbba wrote:I would love it if there were more generic Blood Bowl hands. Those are always one of the hardest things to get as most fantasy and sci-fi models have a weapon in one or both hands. Chopping them off always looks weird and awkward.

Trouble is you'd need so many different sizes and styles due to the wide variety of races and even within the races you have some pretty big differences depending on the manufacturer you choose.
Chopping off the hands would look odd indeed, or so I imagine ;)

Unfortunately I can't be of much help on the topic at hand. Just add that I know the grief of finding a perfectly suitable miniature... holding a halperd close to the body, fused to one of the legs and taking both hands in the process. Have not found a cure yet

If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem