Modding Orcs

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Filantropolo
Rookie
Rookie

Modding Orcs

Post by Filantropolo »

I realy love new GW new orcs, on the other hand in my teams I want all the players to be different and with their own personality.
So returning to the game after a lot of years far away of the fields I have modded and painted a Orc team. I have done it as a express, 10 days project.

Some easy conversions of Blood Bowl standard miniatures, Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40k miniatures to create an orc team with his own personality. The color had to be red and a little withe. My team supporters, stand up and sings "You´ll never walk again" before every game.

Throwers and Linemen

The linemen are standard, the second thrower it´s an easy change of head and arms position of the basic thrower miniature.

Black orcs

Black orcs are orc Brutes from age of Sigmar, with some little modifications, they are a bit larger than new BB miniatures, the colors I have used for the skins are olive greens. Yes they are five, and there are only room for four in the team, the four who works harder in the training camp would play in the team.

Blitzers

One of them its the standard team black orc painted with normal orc skin tone, his sice its bigger than the rest of the blitzers but not as big as the black orcs , the others are the standard blitzer miniature and two modifications of this miniature, changing heads, modding arms...

Goblins and Troll

Goblins are a mixture of wh40k gretchins and some stuff from my bitsbox, Troll it´s an Age of sigmar Orc warboos, I have changes his head for an squig, to make it look much more wild, stupid and hungry.

It´s easy to create an original good looking orc team with a little of imagination. In my opinion the very best of plastic GW miniatures is that they are easily modificable, so, in my opinion, new GW Blood Bowl boxes are much better if you doesn´t take them like a team but a base to build up a team.

Sorry about the photos, they are too dark an a little crapy, am not an skillful photographer.

Reason: ''
nyahoi
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Modding Orcs

Post by nyahoi »

Great work! Especially for 10 days!!

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

+1

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Those look great! I was thinking about adding horns to the helmets of the BOBs, to help identify them and as a nod to the previous models. I like what you did with the poses though, and it gives me some more ideas to work with. What type of glue are you using? I've noticed that when I tried to snip and re-glue pieces, for some reason it's taking 2-3 times to get the plastic to mend. I've used two different types of Loctite glue, but having the same issue with both.

Filantropolo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Filantropolo »

I have used Revell plastic glue, the blue one with the needle. It works fine melding plastic joints. In this WIP photo of the goblins the glue is in the back.

I also glued (with loctite)neodymium magnets in the bases, this have a double feature, first you can easy and safely transport all the miniatures in a small metalic lunchbox (in this case first-aid kit) and second pining some little magnets in the ball, it could be attached to players base during the game.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Thanks, I ordered some of the Revell glue and will give it a go. Good idea on the magnets. Are they strong enough that they would hold the pieces if you put a metal sheet under the cardboard pitch?

I have a bunch of magnets left over from a previous project, that I could use. I've never had any troubles with placing the ball on the front part of the mini's base, but I do really like the idea of using the magnets for storage.

Thanks again for the tips, and look forward to seeing more of your work. You've got an awesome looking team of Orcs there! :D