Morg N Thorg

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Todosi
Rookie
Rookie

Morg N Thorg

Post by Todosi »

Morg N Thorg is up for preorder!

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Morg-N-Thorg

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Morg N Thorg

Post by lunchmoney »

A nice model. Overpriced. But that's Forgeworld.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

I'm a sucker, I ordered it.

I probably should look at which Star Players are worth their price (both in-game and real-life). I know somebody had a sheet somewhere on them. We never used them in tabletop, as our teams tended to be fairly close in value. I used them quite a bit in the computer game, and some of them did prove a challenge. Which usually meant they quickly got targeted or avoided, if possible.

i'm still surprised that Griff wasn't released before Morg n Thorg, but maybe he is next in line.

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Yeah, it is pretty but at that price I am glad I already own two previous versions.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I'm really not a fan of that sculpt and far prefer the human ogre I have seen them do.

The proportions and pose just look off somehow and he looks more like Bebop than the greatest blood bowl player ever.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

As someone on Facebook pointed out, it looks like someone has superglued the ball to his fingers, as he's not actually holding it.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

I don't like the model, it looks like they couldn't make up their mind at GW as to if they wanted him gritty like the newer 2016 models or goofy like the 2nd ed models could be.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

I like the pose of the (3rd edition?) Morg N Thorg better. I do prefer the head on this one though, it looks more Ogrish to me. When I was first playing BB, I wasn't sure if the Morg N Thorg mini was an Ogre or just some really big guy. I came from a D&D background, where ogres generally had a more distinctive look, so that's probably part of it.

I'll have to take a look at the Human Ogre they put out. I have a feeling that will be an instant buy.

Ah, and it looks like this is the list I was thinking of as far as Star Player costs. I forgot I had seen it on FUMBBL:
https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modlo ... =26&page=8

I was hoping to narrow my purchases down by looking at that list, but there are quite a few Star Player minis I still want. There's a chance I might not like the trolls, minotaurs, or treemen minis, as I haven't really liked the ones that GW has produced in the past. So those could be Star Players I end up using a proxy mini for.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

spubbbba wrote:I'm really not a fan of that sculpt and far prefer the human ogre I have seen them do.

The proportions and pose just look off somehow and he looks more like Bebop than the greatest blood bowl player ever.
This. While I actually like the old school mohawk, his anatomy is waay off. He has no lower arms! Also, what's the deal with having every single model carry a ball.. Why not just stick to throwers. P.O.'ed old man here, I know.

-Anybody have a pic or link to that other ogre? It looked way better AFAIR.

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

I couldn't find the Ogre, I can never remember where their Facebook page is and need to bookmark it. Also, does anyone know if they showed pics of the Dwarven Deathroller yet? Seems like that should be coming out of Forge World soon, since we have the Dwarves.

Mighty Zug came with two hands, one carrying the ball and one not. I'm hoping it's the same case with Varag and Morg N Thorg. I think Varag will be arriving in the mail soon, so I'll post an update in whatever thread with any options on the mini.

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

Varag only has the snotling hand, I think. I like the Morg mini. Regarding the hand being glued, it sounds like a perfectly viable Blood Bowl tactic!

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

$25 USD ... wow.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
bruce888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bruce888 »

Morg is ok, proportionally fits well with the new designs. Varag as well. Still Zug is the best model so far

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

faust_33 wrote:I couldn't find the Ogre, I can never remember where their Facebook page is and need to bookmark it. Also, does anyone know if they showed pics of the Dwarven Deathroller yet? Seems like that should be coming out of Forge World soon, since we have the Dwarves.

Mighty Zug came with two hands, one carrying the ball and one not. I'm hoping it's the same case with Varag and Morg N Thorg. I think Varag will be arriving in the mail soon, so I'll post an update in whatever thread with any options on the mini.
The ogre is up on GW's site now and only £12. Multi-part plastic as well so he has a lot of conversion potential too.

I'd think there's a lot more scope to add some extra details to him from Ogryn or Ogre parts to make your own Morg.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Yea, I kind of wish I had waited on Morg n Thorg. Looks like it would have been an easy conversion from the Ogre. Though I would've had to buy conversion parts, because I don't have any GW minis outside of Blood Bowl.