Forge World releases

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Forge World: Hakflem Shuttlespike

Post by faust_33 »

MagicElmo wrote:Hakflem's okay IMHO. Not great, but not bad either.
Hope future FW Blood Bowl models will be better though.

I still have yet to buy any FW Blood Bowl stuff. I think I'm waiting a bit to maybe be able to get that free delivery. :D
Wow, that's like $322+ US dollars to qualify for free delivery! Ugh.

I've purchased a few of the FW models, but think the price plus shipping is really deterring me. Also the resin. Since I've mainly been unhappy with the FW models, I don't feel motivated to keep updating this thread with each new release. I'll likely start a new thread on the models I've assembled from GW and FW, with my thoughts.

I still enjoy reading what others have to say as the FW models come out though. Who knows, if something really cool comes out for a decent price, maybe I'll bite.

Reason: ''
Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Forge World: Hakflem Shuttlespike

Post by Deathrain »

faust_33 wrote:
MagicElmo wrote:Hakflem's okay IMHO. Not great, but not bad either.
Hope future FW Blood Bowl models will be better though.

I still have yet to buy any FW Blood Bowl stuff. I think I'm waiting a bit to maybe be able to get that free delivery. :D
Wow, that's like $322+ US dollars to qualify for free delivery! Ugh.

I've purchased a few of the FW models, but think the price plus shipping is really deterring me. Also the resin. Since I've mainly been unhappy with the FW models, I don't feel motivated to keep updating this thread with each new release. I'll likely start a new thread on the models I've assembled from GW and FW, with my thoughts.

I still enjoy reading what others have to say as the FW models come out though. Who knows, if something really cool comes out for a decent price, maybe I'll bite.
The local TT scene here regularly does group orders from FW, it is pretty much the only economicaly viable way to get their stuff. And even then it is still pricey!

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Re: Forge World releases

Post by bound for glory »

Thats how our league went about ordering from FW. Tho as I have a few extra $$ these day( 8) ) I "covered for a few of my friends.

:lol:

Rick Sanchez lives!
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Yea, yea, I said I wasn't going to post new FW stuff...but the Skaven extra positionals are up for preorder. Those have got me really excited, as I can finally finish up the Skaven team.

Also White Dwarf and Black Gobbo. Plus Grim Ironjaw.

The WD/BG set looks good, but I'm just not too keen on them and the price is high. Same with Grim.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

And more stuff up for preorder. Goblin Secret Weapons, Orcland Raiders, and Orcs game mat "Doombowl".

I want the Orcland Raider set, but going to have to wait a bit. I did order the Secret Weapons. I didn't realize that the Chainsaw goblin is wearing a mask. Reminds me a little of Jason, the hockey-mask-wearing-fiend from the Friday the 13th movies.

My only real complaint is that we didn't get a pogo'er to round out the Secret Weapons. Maybe the plan is to release them in 3 packs? Looney + Fanatic + Bomma, then Doom Diver + Ooligan + Pogoer? I've already got some plans for a Doom Diver and the Ooligan. I tried converting a Pogo'er of my own a long time ago, and it looked pretty horrible. So I'll just buy something that looks similar enough to the team.

Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

faust_33 wrote: Maybe the plan is to release them in 3 packs? Looney + Fanatic + Bomma, then Doom Diver + Ooligan + Pogoer? I've already got some plans for a Doom Diver and the Ooligan.
Exactly that was confirmed at Warhammer Fest - the other three pack is due later this summer.

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Hobnail wrote:
faust_33 wrote: Maybe the plan is to release them in 3 packs? Looney + Fanatic + Bomma, then Doom Diver + Ooligan + Pogoer? I've already got some plans for a Doom Diver and the Ooligan.
Exactly that was confirmed at Warhammer Fest - the other three pack is due later this summer.
Thanks Hobnail, I hadn't heard that!

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Glart Smashrip Sr is up at Forge World. Not cheap, but I do like that model.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Glart-Smashrip-2017

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

i went ahead and ordered him. as always, an unboxing and review will be forthcoming on the website. :)

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Cool, look forward to reading it. I ordered him right away as well. It looks like they got quite a few things "right" with this one. Glart isn't holding the ball. Has both feet on the ground, though it's hard to fathom a jumping Glart Sr. Also, they have added a size comparison pic with another Skaven mini. That's a really nice touch, and I hope they continue to do that.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

That fat rat is plain terrible.

The figure a member in good standing had made is much much better.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lecter1972 »

bound for glory wrote:That fat rat is plain terrible.

The figure a member in good standing had made is much much better.
:D

My blogpost https://l72smetalminiaturesmusings.wordpress.com/
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Haven't seen anyone post this yet.

Pic of the new troll, elves and other stuff.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

I definitely want the Elves.

Not crazy about that Troll. At least the pose is better. Maybe he will look better painted up, but right now I think I'm more than happy to stick with the Willy Trolls I got.

Dugouts are new. Weird to have dugouts but no pitch. One looks like a sort of wintery stone background. Did the Blood on the Snow pitch not include dugouts? If so, then that would make sense.

It looks like the other dugout is similar, maybe a wintery Orc dugout?

Strange.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

faust_33 wrote:Did the Blood on the Snow pitch not include dugouts? If so, then that would make sense.
negatory, just the pitch itself and a kickoff table on the packaging.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.