Forge World releases

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Forge World releases

Post by faust_33 »

mikeyc222 wrote:
faust_33 wrote:Did the Blood on the Snow pitch not include dugouts? If so, then that would make sense.
negatory, just the pitch itself and a kickoff table on the packaging.
Thanks for clarifying. I guess it will depend on the price and how badly I want it. There were also 'Winter Bowl' event cards, right? Were those meant for the Blood on the Snow pitch or a separate thing?

Reason: ''
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

yeah, i THINK the winter bowl cards were supposed to kind of be like blitzmania, but the winter theme kind of tied them to the blood on the snow pitches. i'm sure that was intentional, as they were both released at the same time.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Ah, I didn't realize that these are alternate inducements and not just another set of (very) limited Special Play cards. I found more info on the Winter Bowl cards here: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpa ... nducements

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Gonna say I don't really like the new Troll. Thats both that are somewhat shitters, IMHO. I bought the first, and gave it to a club mate as a birthday gift. Its weird. Funny thing, I got the GW Troll and a Troll and Ogre from some place(puppetswar, I think) on the same day, and I thought, lets look at each and do a Blog entry(on Merry Mayhem news) on them. Sort of a "side by side", heres what the inventor of the game does, and heres what a relative new comer offers".

The puppets war figures are kinda not great. They really look, as my friend Bob says "big and dopey." But the first Games Workshop Troll is just crap. I think the Ripper Bolgrot star player from 3rd ed is better, by far, then these Two new Trolls on offer. I quite like the Ogre and Morg(tho the way Morg is holding the ball is quite weird)models, but these Trolls are pants.

I think I buy too many BB/FF figures...

Rick Sanchez lives!