Use orc lineman as blitzer

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

garethadams
Rookie
Rookie

Use orc lineman as blitzer

Post by garethadams »

Hi,

I'm either going to get a second box of orc players to make up a full 4 bob and 4 blitzer team or an orc booster pack. However the booster pack will only give me 3 blitzers so I was wondering about using a lineman as a blitzer model. Is this allowed? I was thinking about making some "hair" for him out of modelling putty to try and get him to look more like them if that makes a difference?

Cheers

Gareth

Reason: ''
BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Re: Use orc lineman as blitzer

Post by BillyDee »

Hi Gareth, of course it is allowed. Some sort of converting work to differentiate it from the other lineorcs is a very good idea.
Also a good idea is to adopt the base rim colour coded identification convention, outlined here:
https://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/conventions/

In brief:
Green – blocker
Red – blitzer
Yellow – catcher
White – thrower
Grey – lineman

There are many third party and kit bashed teams, but this colour coding convention is really useful to make positionals clear when using non standard models (heck, it helps even with the newer GW releases for old farts like me...).

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

I would also, if in any way possible, suggest a reposing of the model.
The more it changes, the less problems you will have with mistaken models and angry opponents.

garethadams
Rookie
Rookie

Post by garethadams »

Cheers, thanks for the advice. I’ve got my (hideously expensive) orc booster pack now.

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I think you're going to have to colour code the bases. The problem with those new orcs is that they're so busy.

Looking at them it's not 'that' easy to tell the difference anyway. As I get it the positional differences are:

Blocker: Heavier armour (chest and lower) and in a shoving position.
Blitzer: On one foot charging, eyes covered, spike on glove, possibly a couple of extra spikes and some hair.
Thrower: In a chucking position, less armour and no helmet.
Lineman: In a set position, basic helmet.

So if you could get one leg off the floor, add a spiked on the glove, a visor and a ponytail...thing. It'll go a long way to make them less confusing.

Khail
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Khail »

I ended up getting both the hideously expensive booster and 2 orc teams. I still used two linemen for Blitzers, so I wouldn't have any duplicates. I just swiped the topknots off of the extra blitzers and put those on their helmets. The 3rd lineman sculpt is the arms wide squared up one, which I used for my actual linemen (with arm swaps to make sure all sculpts are distinct).

I'm still going to use base colors to remove any doubt as to who is what though.

Commissioner of the Cascadia Blood Blowl League
Bellingham, WA USA