New GW BB Troll

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

New GW BB Troll

Post by Darkson »

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: New GW BB Troll

Post by Darkson »

Not 100% convinced on the pose - the left arm seems to be to close to the face for me, and not sure how easy it would be to convert for mere mortals (as opposed to those good at modelling ;) ).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

It has got a good amount of detail, I'll give them that. Insane amounts of detail. I know I will definitely NOT be buying it though. I don't like it at all. It's just not my style. I'm disappointed with how it looks. With that being said, I'm positive that lots of people will purchase it just because it's new Blood Bowl stuff, and they're welcome to it. The older Troll models are superior, in my opinion.

Winning... it beats losing.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

TheAzman wrote:I know I will definitely NOT be buying it though.
I don't like it at all.
It's just not my style.
I'm disappointed with how it looks.
The older Troll models are superior, in my opinion.
All this +1

I think it's hideous!

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

glowworm wrote:I think it's hideous!
+1

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Aren't Trolls meant to be? :wink:

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

if the pose wasn't so frikkin weird, i think i would really like this mini. i do like the little details like using a human helmet as a knee pad. i hope there will be some flexibility in assembly so that he doesn't look quite so... awkward... when finished.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

This is the worst picture, the website has a 360 in it, with some better pics.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Again they are photographing the damn model from an angle you cannot see it. I hope there is an option without the gobbo because
1 orcs don't always carry a gobbo
2 goblins need two and both of em chucking a goblin makes em harder to tell apart (assuming you don't paint em different colours)

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Looks like troll is taking cricketing pitch run up. Funny.

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

Heff wrote:Again they are photographing the damn model from an angle you cannot see it. I hope there is an option without the gobbo because
1 orcs don't always carry a gobbo
2 goblins need two and both of em chucking a goblin makes em harder to tell apart (assuming you don't paint em different colours)
I agree. When I first saw it, it looked like it had a half mask of leather. It's just a disappointing model made worse by bad camera angles. *sigh*

Winning... it beats losing.
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Stompie wrote:Looks like troll is taking cricketing pitch run up. Funny.
It took me a while but I was thinking something similar...like it is doing a wind up to "pitch" the goblin, like a baseball or cricket ball.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

It doesn't seem to have an empty hand (check sprues). Always goblin. And ball. Ha. :roll: {insert-picture}You got a ball! And you got a ball! Everyone gets a ball!{/insert-picture} :P

The pose is hard to "read" and details are not helping, specially for what is the box picture. But I guess that is GW now, "skulls on skulls", etc. It's even surprising the belly is mostly smooth.

So far, I have seen people saying: dancing, too intelligent looking, why hidding face?, raising the goblin while jumping on one leg, scared of mouse, with two squigs it could become a cheerleader, going to smash gobling into ground (this could explain the other hand, to avoid the blood splash)...

Got some free laughs, keeping money.

MagicElmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MagicElmo »

I pre-ordered it.
Agree the pose is a bit odd. The details look great though and will be a fun miniature to paint.
So for that price, I'm in (in contrast to that I'm still debating with myself on getting the Dwarf Deathroller or not).
And also agree on the picture. Like with the Rat Ogre, they seem to chose the worst angle on purpose. :)

Fun fact for me. The first new Goblin GW sculpt for the new Blood Bowl is in the hand of a Troll designed for the Orc team who don't have the option to buy Goblin players yet. :lol:
I will probably use this Troll for my Goblin team (that half moon on the glove really suits Gobbos too) and another Troll for my Orcs.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Darkson wrote:
Aren't Trolls meant to be? :wink:
Darkson

Trolls

Irony

Much?

:lol: :lol: