New GW BB Troll

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: New GW BB Troll

Post by sann0638 »

No empty hand option.

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Dolch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dolch »

I'm liking it better now that I e seen the 360. I'm still hoping that the goblin team has at least one troll in the box, just so that we have some variety. I'm also expecting Ripper to get a Forgeworld model soonish.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

glowworm wrote:
TheAzman wrote:I know I will definitely NOT be buying it though.
I don't like it at all.
It's just not my style.
I'm disappointed with how it looks.
The older Troll models are superior, in my opinion.
All this +1

I think it's hideous!
I have every figure they have released so far. And while I quite like both ogres(for a comparision), this troll just does'nt do it for me.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

Dolch wrote:I'm liking it better now that I e seen the 360. I'm still hoping that the goblin team has at least one troll in the box, just so that we have some variety. I'm also expecting Ripper to get a Forgeworld model soonish.
Working on how GW have released teams so far (with two identical sprues in the box), are we not going to get stunty teams with either no big guys or two big guys?

For example the Halfling team box has two sprues in it. Each with 5 Halflings and the components to make a Treeman?

It is tragic that this question is one that I keep replaying over and over in my head. :-?

GeordieBowl IX 2017 - Wooden Spoon
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

Tablet wrote:It is tragic that this question is one that I keep replaying over and over in my head. :-?
are you sure "tragic" is the correct word to use here? seems a bit of an over reaction. BB is just a game, after all. from the last i remember hearing, the goblin team is supposed to be releasing in april. at most we will only have to wait a few more weeks to know. i can't really see how this question is something to obsess over. either there will be trolls in the team box, or there won't. i'm curious about it, but i'm definitely not losing sleep over it.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Right?

I think I have 12-15 trolls. Who cares if they include trolls in the goblin team box? Not like they are scarce or anything...

Rick Sanchez lives!
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Yes, no tragedy in sight.
But in my opinion this all just shows that GW left the BB reboot in the hands of people who don't have any idea about what they do.
F**ked up rules, misprints, strange team design ideas...

The reboot has been pretty desasterous for a game that runs that good for over 30 years. This UAF troll is just a part of it.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

i guess it's all a matter of opinion. while i think the troll is a little goofy, i don't think it's horrible. nor do i particularly have that big of a problem with what the new BB team have done with the game. if nothing else, they have a LOT of people talking about, and playing the game. can't really find fault with them in that. the local league at the FLGS down the street has almost doubled each wednesday night since the re-release in nov. say what you will, i think that's a good thing for the game.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I'm not a fan of the pose of either the troll or the goblin, the leg on it's own could work, but the arm in front of the face is just daft.
I do really like the troll itself so might see if I can buy him and salvage a pose more to my liking out of it. As it's only £15 and made of plastic is a much better option for me than most of the alternatives.

I like how this is more of a generic looking troll rather than the stone and river versions we got in 3rd/5th edition.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Regash wrote:Yes, no tragedy in sight.
But in my opinion this all just shows that GW left the BB reboot in the hands of people who don't have any idea about what they do.

The reboot has been pretty desasterous for a game that runs that good for over 30 years. This UAF troll is just a part of it.
They have one idea: the balance. Not of the game, but of the account. While money rolls, all is good. Why waste money integrating the FAQs? Or testing? "We have been changing the rules to sell miniatures for decades!" People angry and not buying? "We will care about that in the quarter when that happens, and not buying is impossible anyway. BB Sigmarines, and later BB Heresy campaign, quarters saved!" Tragedy avoided! And that is what matters.

In Spanish March WD you can read "SI QUIERES M_S ART_CULOS DE LA REVISTA SPIKE!, VIS_TANOS EN" (if you want more article from Spike mag, visit), with _ being "empty", instead of Á, Í and Í, or at least A, I and I. But ÚLTIMAS in same page is correct. :-? Business as usual.

PS: UAF?

MagicElmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MagicElmo »

Steam Ball wrote:
Regash wrote:Yes, no tragedy in sight.

They have one idea: the balance. Not of the game, but of the account. While money rolls, all is good. Why waste money integrating the FAQs? Or testing? "We have been changing the rules to sell miniatures for decades!" People angry and not buying? "We will care about that in the quarter when that happens, and not buying is impossible anyway. BB Sigmarines, and later BB Heresy campaign, quarters saved!" Tragedy avoided! And that is what matters.

In Spanish March WD you can read "SI QUIERES M_S ART_CULOS DE LA REVISTA SPIKE!, VIS_TANOS EN" (if you want more article from Spike mag, visit), with _ being "empty", instead of Á, Í and Í, or at least A, I and I. But ÚLTIMAS in same page is correct. :-? Business as usual.

PS: UAF?
Personally I don't see it that negative.
Do they want to make money? Of course!
Did they do a perfect re-release of BB? Of course not! I wouldn't call it desadterous either though.
While GW is not perfect, they are better now then a few years back (far better).
Though obviously it would be nice to see them make less spelling mistakes.

Maybe the reason I'm not upset is that if the new ruleset fails or is too fractured I can simply go back to the CRP rules. Or wait for the community to fix/combine the new rules (apologies for been one of these lazy dudes waiting for others to fix stuff).
Or maybe my chi is just in good balance and things like these don't upset me like once they used to (or maybe I'm just getting old).

Right now I'm enoying the ride. There is a great selection of official miniatures and 3rd party miniatures to collect and paint since my return to BB.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

MagicElmo wrote:Personally I don't see it that negative.
Do they want to make money? Of course!
Did they do a perfect re-release of BB? Of course not! I wouldn't call it desadterous either though.
While GW is not perfect, they are better now then a few years back (far better).
Though obviously it would be nice to see them make less spelling mistakes.

Maybe the reason I'm not upset is that if the new ruleset fails or is too fractured I can simply go back to the CRP rules. Or wait for the community to fix/combine the new rules (apologies for been one of these lazy dudes waiting for others to fix stuff).
Or maybe my chi is just in good balance and things like these don't upset me like once they used to (or maybe I'm just getting old).

Right now I'm enoying the ride. There is a great selection of official miniatures and 3rd party miniatures to collect and paint since my return to BB.
Inheriting an old manual that has FAQs, and not integrating them shows the effort level. So does swapping card decks (or maybe they should get dice with two 2). Inheriting a cost recipe, and releasing Grak and the kickable and later keeping them as they are, shows how they take the game. That is what is raising eyebrows from some and "told-ya-so"s from others.

Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

spubbbba wrote:I'm not a fan of the pose of either the troll or the goblin, the leg on it's own could work, but the arm in front of the face is just daft.
I do really like the troll itself so might see if I can buy him and salvage a pose more to my liking out of it. As it's only £15 and made of plastic is a much better option for me than most of the alternatives.

I like how this is more of a generic looking troll rather than the stone and river versions we got in 3rd/5th edition.
If/When you get around to this please post some pictures. My initial thought was that his left arm could simply be positioned down by his side in running/bowling a goblin kind of pose......

Like you say there are nice elements to the model, it's just that pose does nothing for me. This was made worse for me once I saw the picture of the "flamenco troll" on FB :o

GeordieBowl IX 2017 - Wooden Spoon
Regash

Post by Regash »

Steam Ball wrote:PS: UAF?
Ugly As F**k :orc:
Seeing this troll makes me happy I went with Privateer Press Trolls for my Goblins.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

mikeyc222 wrote:if nothing else, they have a LOT of people talking about, and playing the game. can't really find fault with them in that.
But then, they could have done that just by releasing a box with new figures and a printed copy of the CRP - there was no need for them to screw with the rules (Weeping Blades :roll: ).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.