TBB Legacy Team

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

What colors should the TBB Legacy Goblin Team be painted in?

Black & Silver (Oakland Raiders)
20%
Black & Purple (The Lowdown Rats)
37%
Black & Orange (Cincinnati Bungles, er, Bengals)
43%

Total votes: 30

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Thadrin wrote:Aren't those three in the middle
(the blatantly smaller ones) Snotling minis?
Yes, but they are from the 6 Star Player Snotlings
so compared to the official BB Snotlings they are
about double size which as you see makes them
look more like small Goblins ... I love the
minis so I think they'd be fun if folks were able
to do one or two.

Galak

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Poll is up, for anyone who wants to vote on colors. A wacky thought here -- why don't we expand it and do a Goblin/Skaven team? Isn't that what the Lowdown Rats were in 2nd Ed. fluff?

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

The Skaven/Goblin team was the Underworld creepers. The Ratz were just Gobboes. The Creepers would be a great idea if there were official rules for using Skaven and Goblin mixed teams...or did we ever actually finish the Creepers' roster per second ed like we did the Giants, reavers et al?

Kinda like the idea of the Old style Bucs Orange and White myself, but of the three options its Bungles all the way.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Thadrin wrote:...or did we ever actually finish the Creepers' roster per second ed like we did the Giants, reavers et al?.
Yes we did:

http://www.midgardbb.com/OtherTeams/Cha ... epers.html

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

I like the idea of the Goblin/Skaven team, personally. Allows lots of room for variation in the minis, mutation possibilities, several big guys, etc. The rules for Goblin/Skaven teams aren't official, but have been around for a long time and I haven't heard of any particular balance problems with them.

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

yeah but it would suck to win that team when 90% of the potential winners couldn't play with them (or is it not safe to assume that less than 10% of leagues still use the mixed gob/rat roster?)

i say we stick with standard gobs...cheap figs for everybody, plenty of conversion opportunities, and anybody that wins will be able to use them (tho whether or not they would WANT to is something else entirely) :)

Post by Deathwing »

Well, I'm intending to get around to doing an Underworld Creepers team at some point (some of you may remember the Creepers Skaven Thrower I entered into the TBB painting comp). One point with that Creepers/Bungles scheme is that 'tiger' stripes are both tricky and time consuming.
Black/Orange (Browns). Aaaargh! Please no...painted up a sizeable (27 fig) Shadowforge team in those colours recently, and I really don't wanna go there again yet. Got a bit gutty towards the end and in truth I haven't picked up a brush since. Please don't make me go there again. :cry:
In fact NFL style uniforms are difficult to get right in general on 3e/WFB figs...
I'm voting with the purple/black...relatively simple, looks effective and sets off the green flesh nicely.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

I voted Black/Purple. So when the poll is over will we all pick what we want to do?

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Once we decide on the colors, we'll just all post here with a description of what minis we intend to donate into the team. That way we can avoid too much duplication.

Actually, I'll probably start a new thread for people to post their donations and progress on. I'm sure it won't be too long before we start seeing some painted or converted mini pics.

Milo

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

I vote Black/orange, I could perhaps donate a skaven lineman or goblin.
What exactly could be needed ?

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

One question with the colour scheme, is there going to be a standard pattern or is that too organised for goblins?

lightingbug
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lightingbug »

Have the goblins been definitely decided on???

I really like the suggestion of the Nuggle Rotters. It would be something new for everyone to work on. That's were I would put my vote.

Lightingbug

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

please can we just do a standard team, not one of these lame-ass rotters or creepers teams that nobody plays with?

We need to iron that out before we get too worked up about the color scheme. :)

Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Are you only looking for "good" painters? I might be insipired to paint a figure if I thought I might have a chance of winning a truly unique team.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

My Chainsaw wielding looney (butchered together with bits from the Goblin regiment and some left overs from the Ork 'ard boyz I used for my Orc team - which I'm working on at the moment to get them ready for league play. Plenty of practice on Goblinoid flesh. Turning out pretty well thus far) is just waiting on a colour scheme. The fig looks the business...just hope I can paint him well enough to do him justice. We need to decide this sharpish if we're gonna collect them all at the Blood Bowl.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.