Grim Ironjaw 32mm options

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Grim Ironjaw 32mm options

Post by faust_33 »

I sure wish GW listed the scale of their minis on their website. I ordered the Grombrindal White dwarf, thinking it would make a decent conversion for the Grim Ironjaw starplayer. Unfortunately, it looks like he is about 25mm size. Grrrrrr.

Anyone know of a reference for which minis are in which size? I'm guessing if someone knew the release year, that probably would help a lot.

In the meantime, I've heard that the Willy minis run a little big. I'm thinking either the Willy Dwarf Troll Slayers or the Willy Dwarf Star Player from Impact's site, might work with the 32mm Dwarves.

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.p ... id=WM_0193
http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.p ... id=WM_0096

Reason: ''
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Grim Ironjaw 32mm options

Post by faust_33 »

To answer one of my own questions, and anyone who happens to be curious; Impact Minis says that all the Willy minis are based on 32mm scale. :D

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

I have both the GW and the Willy version of Grim Ironjaw, and the Willy version, while quite nice, is CRAZY BIG!

I generally don't like the bigger sized versons of GW models(also, I seem to remember Jervis saying when the Pro Elves were released, that going forward, all Blood Bowl models would be scaled to match 2ed ed figures. WTF happened, Mate?). But in most respects, when the models are spread out on the pitch, and the dice are rolling, And the Beer and Pretzels are being consumed, well, it does'nt matter much.

If you stop and think about it, you could say something like, these Orc's are from a mountain tribe and they grow 'em on the big side, or, these Humans are shorter then Kesliv Humans...etc.

But for teams like Halflings and gobbo's, I like them to NOT BE AS BIG AS 2ND ED HUMANS!

I Love Willy's figures. But a club mate bought the Willy Halflings and sorry, they are too big. Great looking, yes! But just a bit too tall for me.

TL;DR contact me, friend, and I will send you the Willy Grim Ironjaw, free of charge.

Rick Sanchez lives!
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Thanks Bound for Glory. I've already ordered the Willy Dwarf Star Player from Impact. Since I've been moving all my collection to the new 32mm size, I have a feeling he will fit in. If he's still a little big, well he will stand out a little more as a Star Player.

The only team that I'm planning on keeping from the old GW line, is the Chaos Dwarves. I love those silly hats. They are a little on the small side, but yea, for all anybody knows, the Chaos Dwarves are slightly smaller than their cousins. :P

I agree on gobbos and halflings. I like them on the small size. I picked up the new GW gobbos, but haven't assembled them yet. I have a feeling they will be just fine.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Well, package arrived yesterday and I'm pretty happy with the Willy Dwarf Star Player. Size-wise he fits well alongside the rest of the 32mm team. More words about it all on my blog, but I think we can safely say "mission accomplished!". Here's a pic: