Ideas for undead star players / kit bash?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Ideas for undead star players / kit bash?

Post by stowelly »

Hi, I recently got the reprint of 3rd edition GW Undead. and managed to source an official Count Luthor. but having trouble sourcing ramtut, setekh, hackenslash and sinnedbad at a reasonable cost. can anyone suggest some alternate miniatures for these? or ideas for conversion of existing gw stuff? closest i can find is the wileys minatures ones, any other ideas?

thanks

Reason: ''
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Ideas for undead star players / kit bash?

Post by faust_33 »

I imagine there are a lot of ideas on this forum. I think I've mainly heard of people using Tomb Guards or Tomb Kings for some of the Undead. Isn't Sinnedbad, basically a Skeleton with a sword? That should be easy to find.

This is a pretty good reference for Star Players, if you haven't seen it yet: https://fumbbl.com/help:Full+list

I'm still waiting to see what GW eventually releases for the Undead team. After that, I'll have to make some decisions on what to convert, but it could be a long while.

I'm not sure where you're at, but I would check the stickied list for independent miniature manufacturers. Impact! miniatures, Comixinos, etc. has quite a few Undead Star Players. A lot of them I find to be better than the original GW sculpts.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Impact miniatures has this guy: Image
but I use an old Fantasy Flight Games Descent lieutenant:
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.c ... -krieg.png

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Digger, the model you are using is pretty awesome. It would be especially perfect if Sinnedbad had "no hands".

For Ramtut, I would go with a Willy mini. They run sort of big, so you could either use an Egyptian Mummy or go with the Mummy Star Player. I don't know how big he is, having never seen the model in person, but I'm guessing a little larger than most.

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

That's the guy I use for Ramtut: Link to Pic

I seem to remember to have read that Sinnebad has replaced one of his arms with a sword, so I basically took a skeleton and glued a blade instead of the lower arm.

yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

This sinbad that was kitbashed is amazing it was part of a legacy team
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=42209&start=255

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

yogi wrote:This sinbad that was kitbashed is amazing it was part of a legacy team
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=42209&start=255
Nice paint job on that, it looks really smooth all around. Hopefully GW/FW puts out some good sculpts when they get around to releasing a new Undead team.

stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

Thanks guys, given me a lot to work with, really like the kitbashed skelli
faust_33 wrote: I'm still waiting to see what GW eventually releases for the Undead team. After that, I'll have to make some decisions on what to convert, but it could be a long while..
although with this in mind, it might be that they dont bring back any of the older star players anyway :S. bought a meiko orc chainsaw mini before realising that Ulgroth Bolgrot isnt in this edition (yet)

is there anywhere to buy gw bits? obviously dont want to buy a whole set of 40k guys for one chainsaw etc. would probably grab some chaos heads at the same time to convert some spare human / orcs to chaos guys

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

stowelly wrote: is there anywhere to buy gw bits? obviously dont want to buy a whole set of 40k guys for one chainsaw etc. would probably grab some chaos heads at the same time to convert some spare human / orcs to chaos guys
Can't fess to prices, but ebay has many bits dealers....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

stowelly wrote:Thanks guys, given me a lot to work with, really like the kitbashed skelli
faust_33 wrote: I'm still waiting to see what GW eventually releases for the Undead team. After that, I'll have to make some decisions on what to convert, but it could be a long while..
although with this in mind, it might be that they dont bring back any of the older star players anyway :S. bought a meiko orc chainsaw mini before realising that Ulgroth Bolgrot isnt in this edition (yet)
Actually, from what has been posted here, all the Star Players are available. It's just that some of them might get over written by new BB16 rules. Unless there are specific tournament rules, you're free to take any of the Star Players. Helmut Wulf was posted in DZ2, so I don't see why you couldn't take Ugroth. I plan on buying the Willy Orc w/ chainsaw, soon as I can get started on my Orc team.

stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

faust_33 wrote:
stowelly wrote:Thanks guys, given me a lot to work with, really like the kitbashed skelli
Actually, from what has been posted here, all the Star Players are available. It's just that some of them might get over written by new BB16 rules. Unless there are specific tournament rules, you're free to take any of the Star Players. Helmut Wulf was posted in DZ2, so I don't see why you couldn't take Ugroth. I plan on buying the Willy Orc w/ chainsaw, soon as I can get started on my Orc team.
the league i joined want to keep it simple and just use whats in the current gw material. but think for teams with no stars they may make an exception

anyway, with this in mind i did a very quick / crude sinnedbad and hackenslash:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.