Sideline staff kickstarter now on general sale!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

NorthumbrianPS
Rookie
Rookie

Sideline staff kickstarter now on general sale!

Post by NorthumbrianPS »

Hope this is the correct place to post, just released a new range of figures to go with tabletop fantasy football type games such as Blood Bowl or Death Zone (more suitable for Blood Bowl).
We're doing it via kickstarter, I've posted the link below hopefully you like them and any feedback (good or bad) would be great!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/53 ... oject_link

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Hi Guys, just released a new range of "accessory" figure

Post by Darkson »

Tempting....shame I've got a lot of tournament outgoings this month.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
NorthumbrianPS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NorthumbrianPS »

Ah that's a pity! Well if we reach our goal they'll be released as a proper range so you could pick some up then?

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

My club does'nt collect "sideline staff" as they just get in the way.

These are very nice, tho. I do collect Ref models. Make some of them.

Rick Sanchez lives!
NorthumbrianPS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NorthumbrianPS »

Some referees are definitely in the works :)
I can see what you mean about figures getting in the way but I think it's nice to have little side pieces for big events and stuff. Also, with the cheerleaders and apothecaries, it symbolizes that your team has them on the payroll. But then again, I've gotta say that ;)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

NorthumbrianPS wrote:Ah that's a pity! Well if we reach our goal they'll be released as a proper range so you could pick some up then?
I'm still gonna try. ;)
Will share on our club page and FB page when on a PC.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
NorthumbrianPS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NorthumbrianPS »

That'll be great, thanks mate, really appreciate it!

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Oh, I ment no disrespect, friend. :D

You have very nice figures there. And I am certainly sure they will sell. Our club has been playing the game for years and we just got to the point where we no longer want to Build stadeums, crowd the table with cheerleaders, coach models and all that.

We meet, get our Pizza and drinks and set up, flip a coin and off we go. I'm sure your figures will sell. Many people think a team is unfinished if they don't have their staff figures.

Good luck and best wishes.

Rick Sanchez lives!
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Not sure how much shipping to the U.S. would be, but that's a pretty good price for some metal minis.

NorthumbrianPS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NorthumbrianPS »

No no that's fine I know what you mean! Will keep you posted about referees though, got 2 in the pipeline should this project succeed.

The shipping to the US is as follows:
£4 up to Pledge number 5
£9 for Pledge number 6 (due to it costing more to insure)
£15 for Pledge number 7 (due to the extra packaging to protect the painted figures)

I really need to put that on the kickstarter when I get home from work, it's been asked a few times and I keep forgetting.

Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

So as a Tynedale lad who plays blood bowl I had to get involved!

Especially when I have Vampire and Skaven teams awaiting painting, those apothecaries will fit perfectly!

Very best of luck to you, fingers crossed you hit your target.

GeordieBowl IX 2017 - Wooden Spoon
NorthumbrianPS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NorthumbrianPS »

That's quite strange hearing from someone a stones throw away! Thanks for your support, fingers crossed we get it up and running.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

NorthumbrianPS wrote:Some referees are definitely in the works :)
I can see what you mean about figures getting in the way but I think it's nice to have little side pieces for big events and stuff. Also, with the cheerleaders and apothecaries, it symbolizes that your team has them on the payroll. But then again, I've gotta say that ;)
I absolutley agree. And these will sell well, I'm sure.

Our problem with sideline staff, as we call them, started when my friend Scott converted a KILLDOZER for his Chaos Dwarf team.

The 'Dozer was very nice. Another friend sat his beer on it, and not gently, either. It broke the blade arms, and while it was repairable, the thing had to be pinned, and it never sat right again. And we all like pinning pieces, right?

So as all old men like to do, we put it to a vote. Long story about arguing put short, it was decided(anyone remember the death metal band "Diacide"? a FREE set of Wild Things to anyone who remembers that band and BE HONEST) to keep the sideline staff figures in the cases, because there have been NUMEROUS figures scuffed, knocked over/off the table, had drinks sat on them, had them STOLEN(yep. we pretty much figured who did that, and he was ass kicked out the door. really) etc.

Heck, we have some really good painters and some members who can make some cool conversions(Big John is "no bueno" when it comes to green stuff/switching parts/sculpting etc.), and no one wants to see them broken or scuffed.

Rick Sanchez lives!
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

bound for glory wrote:
NorthumbrianPS wrote:Some referees are definitely in the works :)
I absolutley agree. And these will sell well, I'm sure.

Our problem with sideline staff, as we call them, started when my friend Scott converted a KILLDOZER for his Chaos Dwarf team.

The 'Dozer was very nice. Another friend sat his beer on it, and not gently, either. It broke the blade arms, and while it was repairable, the thing had to be pinned, and it never sat right again. And we all like pinning pieces, right?

So as all old men like to do, we put it to a vote. Long story about arguing put short, it was decided(anyone remember the death metal band "Diacide"? a FREE set of Wild Things to anyone who remembers that band and BE HONEST) to keep the sideline staff figures in the cases, because there have been NUMEROUS figures scuffed, knocked over/off the table, had drinks sat on them, had them STOLEN(yep. we pretty much figured who did that, and he was ass kicked out the door. really) etc.

Heck, we have some really good painters and some members who can make some cool conversions(Big John is "no bueno" when it comes to green stuff/switching parts/sculpting etc.), and no one wants to see them broken or scuffed.

Hah!! I remember Deicide! I couldn't tell you any song titles, but I remember buddies of mine listening to them while in high school. We listened to metal or hard rock before suiting up for our football games. LOL. Memories....:-D

Winning... it beats losing.
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

PM me your address, friend. :D

Rick Sanchez lives!