Skaven booster pack

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Skaven booster pack

Post by Aliboon »

Hello all. Although the above offers some new sculpts, I'm struggling to see the point of it.

For the same price you can buy another full Skaven team for the missing two grunners and then use the left-overs to form the basis of an underworld team.

Am I missing something? I would have thought that GW would have been better off producing a human (2 blitzes and 2 catchers) or (even moreso) orc (2 Bobs and 2 blitzers) booster?

Reason: ''
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Skaven booster pack

Post by faust_33 »

"New sculpts". It's simply that. Some people don't want all their minis looking the same. Granted, I'm one of them, and really wish I didn't have to pay Forgeworld prices, but thems the breaks. I'm hoping future boosters will be made in plastic, and thus much cheaper.

gumbi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gumbi »

Its a pity as just adding a single gutter runner to the sprue (that is duplicated) would've made it a complete skaven team.

I have a box sitting at home and I am not sure what to do with them.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Aliboon wrote:Hello all. Although the above offers some new sculpts, I'm struggling to see the point of it.

For the same price you can buy another full Skaven team for the missing two grunners and then use the left-overs to form the basis of an underworld team.

Am I missing something? I would have thought that GW would have been better off producing a human (2 blitzes and 2 catchers) or (even moreso) orc (2 Bobs and 2 blitzers) booster?
If they didn't have this booster, I wouldn't be bothered by Skaven. At least not the new GW team. So that's one point to it.

Still waiting for humans and orcs boosters as you point out. Won't use them until they too are complete.