Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Models » Fantasy Football Miniatures & Products

Post subject: Skaven booster pack
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:49 pm 
Super Star
Super Star

Hello all. Although the above offers some new sculpts, I'm struggling to see the point of it.

For the same price you can buy another full Skaven team for the missing two grunners and then use the left-overs to form the basis of an underworld team.

Am I missing something? I would have thought that GW would have been better off producing a human (2 blitzes and 2 catchers) or (even moreso) orc (2 Bobs and 2 blitzers) booster?

Post subject: Re: Skaven booster pack
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:28 am 
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

"New sculpts". It's simply that. Some people don't want all their minis looking the same. Granted, I'm one of them, and really wish I didn't have to pay Forgeworld prices, but thems the breaks. I'm hoping future boosters will be made in plastic, and thus much cheaper.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:32 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Its a pity as just adding a single gutter runner to the sprue (that is duplicated) would've made it a complete skaven team.

I have a box sitting at home and I am not sure what to do with them.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:17 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Aliboon wrote:
Hello all. Although the above offers some new sculpts, I'm struggling to see the point of it.

For the same price you can buy another full Skaven team for the missing two grunners and then use the left-overs to form the basis of an underworld team.

Am I missing something? I would have thought that GW would have been better off producing a human (2 blitzes and 2 catchers) or (even moreso) orc (2 Bobs and 2 blitzers) booster?

If they didn't have this booster, I wouldn't be bothered by Skaven. At least not the new GW team. So that's one point to it.

Still waiting for humans and orcs boosters as you point out. Won't use them until they too are complete.

Board index » Models » Fantasy Football Miniatures & Products