Any cheap Khemri teams?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Any cheap Khemri teams?

Post by stowelly »

Cant find any of the GW warhammer stuff as they dont seem to do tomb kings any more. I cant work out what positional is meant to be what on impacts khemri team, so I wouldn't like to make it difficult for any opponents to work out whats going on either!

pretty sure I could find a box of GW skellis somewhere, there must be some arms that are easy to modify (ball for thrower, spikes for blitzer?). kind of stuck at this point!

Reason: ''
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Any cheap Khemri teams?

Post by Rolex »

Impact has some pretty cheap mummies.

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.p ... id=TC_TOMB

The Pharaos of Victoria are pretty good as Khemri and crazy cheap.

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.p ... id=TC_POVD

stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

I quite like the mummys and the thro-ras in the impact team. but the rest of it? not sure what is supposed to be what positional?

Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deathrain »

What I did was convert a bunch of necrons with their kind of egyptain style, specificaly I used the warriors and lychguard kit (warriors for all the smaller players, lychguard as tombguards, some partswaps for the positionals). Here is my Thro-Ra (since been repainted, because ugh brushstrokes and what the hell was I thinking with that red ball?!):
Of course they aren't proper skelletons, which can be an issue. To me it was an opportunity to create my own fluff - these Khemri are part of a sekt that rather than mummify their bodies transferred their organs into ivory bodies build for eternity. The team name is Ivory Lords and since they spend so much on these artificial constructs, their treasury was depleted way more than that of the average Khemri - to fix that, they are stuck playing blood bowl!

Now, if you can get behind the different looks and need for fluffification price is probably your biggest concern: I got both kits together for 50€, with enough material for all positionals and at least 8 skelletons (though I could make another one or two, I think). You need to do a lot of weapon-snipping and be a bit creative with it, but overall these are some of the easier sets to get into a blood bowl look. The necron warriors gauss-guns can be clipped of and what remains is a neat knuckleduster for example (to be seen on this early lineman who has been repainted and had his ridiculous pose modified since then)!

stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

Really like this idea! any chance of seeing a finished Blitzer and TG at all please?

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

stowelly wrote:I quite like the mummys and the thro-ras in the impact team. but the rest of it? not sure what is supposed to be what positional?
I use crocs as blitz ras, Anubi as throw-ras. All the birds as skeletons.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

I guess the other question is what you consider "cheap". Willy's is a pretty good value at 80 EUR:
http://willyminiatures.com/product-cate ... an-undead/

Otherwise, you can break out the modeling knife. Blitz-Ras need to be slightly larger with heavier armor, Thro-Ras need to hold a ball, and poof, easy to recognize positionals.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Yeah, I converted my 1st Khemri Team from a WH skeleton box, using sefmade balls for Throw-Ras, horned helmets for blitzers and some mummy from a different company.

But then I went Willy too... :orc:

Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deathrain »

stowelly wrote:Really like this idea! any chance of seeing a finished Blitzer and TG at all please?
The team is currently at a friends house (where we play our league games), I'll ask him to take some pictures.

Edit: Added the images (sorry for the quality, they still need a matt coat). The Blitz-Ras are made from Necron Warrior bodies with Triarch Praetorian heads (the lychguard kit comes with parts to assemble either Lychguard or Triarch Praetorians). The Tombguards have Lychguard bodies and Necron Warrior heads. Finally the Throw-Ras have Warrior bodies with Lychguard heads. Of course, this is just what I did and the kits offer a few options. There is one issue: The lack of open hands. To be exact, there only is one, which I used on the Thro-Ra I posted. The other Thro-Ra looks a lot clumsier since I had to snip out a staff weapon from a left hand for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

Thats great thank you! think I might go with this! and must resist painting them up like terminator 2 models!

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

If you want to go really cheap you can make a team from Tomb Kings skeletons pretty easily. Either get the boxed set or buy some off e-bay. You can use different heads and bodies for the thro-ras and blitz-ras and the more boring stuff for the linemen. Adding the tomb guard will give you a lot more options for the positionals and you could probably do mummies with them too.
A very simple way to do mummies is to cut thin strips of paper and glue these to skeletons using PVA glue for hammer horror style mummies.

If you already have necrons and skeletons or can get them cheap then you can combine these to make a team. I did this a few years back, but it probably cost me more than just buying a team since I went all out for the positionals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

spubbbba wrote:If you want to go really cheap you can make a team from Tomb Kings skeletons pretty easily. Either get the boxed set or buy some off e-bay. You can use different heads and bodies for the thro-ras and blitz-ras and the more boring stuff for the linemen. Adding the tomb guard will give you a lot more options for the positionals and you could probably do mummies with them too.
A very simple way to do mummies is to cut thin strips of paper and glue these to skeletons using PVA glue for hammer horror style mummies.

If you already have necrons and skeletons or can get them cheap then you can combine these to make a team. I did this a few years back, but it probably cost me more than just buying a team since I went all out for the positionals.
they look great! thanks will have a look for the tomb king skeletons, seems to be some of those still around on ebay!

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

spubbbba wrote:If you want to go really cheap you can make a team from Tomb Kings skeletons pretty easily. Either get the boxed set or buy some off e-bay. You can use different heads and bodies for the thro-ras and blitz-ras and the more boring stuff for the linemen. Adding the tomb guard will give you a lot more options for the positionals and you could probably do mummies with them too.
You may not have seen the prices on ebay recently ;) Tomb Kings are no longer in the GW repertoire, so most of what's on ebay at the moment is going for £50+ a box (prices lowballed in this illustration! :o )

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

mawph wrote:
You may not have seen the prices on ebay recently ;) Tomb Kings are no longer in the GW repertoire, so most of what's on ebay at the moment is going for £50+ a box (prices lowballed in this illustration! :o )
managed to grab a selection of tomb king heads for a fiver :D

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

I'm also looking for Khemri and Tomb Guardians in particular. However price is not an issue. I haven't found any particularly interesting mummies out there, which is a bit disappointing. Disappointingly low variety of egyptian mummies available (they need to be big!).