Bugman!!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Bugman!!

Post by Skitters »

Is there any likelihood that the Halfling and Goblin referees may be made available again? If i remember correctly they were advertised as limited time only - but is there perhaps wriggle room to have a window around the start of any future Blitzmania event for example?

[indeed if there is wriggle room to sell them at WHW on the 19th/20th May event the that would be spiffing...]

Reason: ''
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

faust_33 wrote:
Baxx wrote:Yes it's all been great since the dice and winter pitch came back in stock. Just really nice to be able to purchase stuff at it's original price. Some of us are just "shell shocked" from the early days of BB2016.
Indeed!

I was able to get the original Skaven dice for just under retail price a few months ago. Unfortunately, paid more than I should have for the Winter Pitch. Which was a waste, as the new one is even better than the old! The only thing I haven't picked up is Grak & Crumbleberry. You can sometimes find them for a steep price. However, since they haven't shown up in any of the official rulebooks (that I can recall), and they are said to be 'broken', I can live without.

The main point is that the early sellout/scalper days seem to be behind us. So I'm pretty sure we can own a Bugman if we choose.
I got sort-of "lucky" with my Winter Pitch. I bought it when it was first released as just a pitch, but didn't use it for about a year. Then, the first time I used it, a section of the cardboard layers split apart as I was unfolding the pitch to lay it on the table. So it broke before I ever got to use it even once.

I was pretty pissed about that but, after sending in some pics to GW customer service and explaining what happened, they replaced the pitch for me. By that time the Winter Pitch had been re-done with dugouts as well, so I got them as an added bonus. I was pleasantly surprised that the pitch was replaced, as I was expecting customer service to just tell me, "bad luck". It probably helped that I had ordered the pitch via the GW website, so they could see that I had indeed bought the pitch.

Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

Olaf the Stout wrote:I was pretty pissed about that but, after sending in some pics to GW customer service and explaining what happened, they replaced the pitch for me. By that time the Winter Pitch had been re-done with dugouts as well, so I got them as an added bonus. I was pleasantly surprised that the pitch was replaced, as I was expecting customer service to just tell me, "bad luck". It probably helped that I had ordered the pitch via the GW website, so they could see that I had indeed bought the pitch.
I know alot of folk have nothing good to say about GW but my experience of their cstomer service has been top notch. I got the new box as a Christmas present in 2016 and when I finally got around to building my human team I found that one of the blitzers was missing a finger. I emailed a photo to their customer services and without hestitation they sent out a replacement sprue. It was everything you want from an interaction with a companys customer service department.

GeordieBowl IX 2017 - Wooden Spoon