Advice needed for greenstuff nose job

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Advice needed for greenstuff nose job

Post by Digger Goreman »

20180621_181813.jpg
So "handsome" suffered an injury from a trader's negligence and it looks like I'm getting stiffed... so I will probably need to reconstruct his nose. The area is shaved flat with seemingly nothing to attach to. My friend suggests roughing the area. New territory for me, so I need to know about prep and technique. HUGE thanks to those nice enough and willing to take time to help. This was to be my final piece and now it's less than perfect :(

Again, thanks,

DG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Advice needed for greenstuff nose job

Post by Steam Ball »

If you have a very small drill bit, you could make a hole so the putty "roots" into it.

Also, are you sure it's not flattened instead of cut? Then maybe you could try reshaping the blob back into something pointy, using tools like tiny flat screwdrivers from the side, to raise it.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Good points, SB, hopefully my smallest bit is tiny enough.

No doubt it was smashed. Do you really think the metal can be sculpted? I'm afraid it would just flake the metal off.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Yeah... firstly I would test how the metal in the tab (or "feet soles") behaves. Some alloys can be reshaped a bit, others just break.