Necromantic teams by Greebo and RN Estudios info request

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DAddenbrooke
Rookie
Rookie

Necromantic teams by Greebo and RN Estudios info request

Post by DAddenbrooke »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so apologies if this is wrong place. I did a search for the info, but drew a blank and this certainly seems like the right place to post it.

I'm looking for a size comparison for the following two miniatures sets: Greebo's Un-Renaissance Un-Deads and RN Estudios Eternals.

https://greebo-games.com/product/necrom ... kers-ball/

and

http://rnestudio.com/apps/webstore/prod ... ow/6821632

Both with the current GW range of BB minis and with each other, often the pictures given are composite images and don't accurately reflect how they look standing next to each other on the pitch.

Sincere thanks to anybody who can provide any help.

UPDATE:

I've since found some pretty good pictures of the Greebo team and been told they are a good size match for the current GW range. Though it'd still be nice to have this confirmed if anybody knows of such a comparison picture. I am still searching for an image and/or info on the RN Estudios Eternals, especially of the team lined up next to each other and compared to the current GW range. I suspect the Flesh Golems are quite large.

Also, if anybody has a Necromantic team to recommend that matches the current GW range size wise, feel free to recommend them.

Thanks again for any help

Reason: ''
E99
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Necromantic teams by Greebo and RN Estudios info request

Post by E99 »

Hi, mate!

Here are some pics of my teams. Greebo's are still not properly based, so I've found different solutions for taking the photos. :)

https://i.imgur.com/ePJXFkR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1pXVmMm.jpg

DAddenbrooke
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DAddenbrooke »

E99 wrote:Hi, mate!

Here are some pics of my teams. Greebo's are still not properly based, so I've found different solutions for taking the photos. :)

https://i.imgur.com/ePJXFkR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1pXVmMm.jpg
Wow, that's incredibly helpful :)

One thousand thanks to you friend! That's like helping a hundred old ladies cross the road.

I had decided on the Greebo minis, now I'm more of two minds. The scale of both RN Estudio and Greebo Zombies match pretty well with the current GW line. However the "cartoony" proportions of the RN studio are probably a better match for the GW style then the more realistic proportions of the Greebo. Thoughts?

The RN Estudio werewolf look like they are large, but not overlarge with a good look and the ghouls look great.

The sticking point for the RN Estudio is the Flesh Golem. It certainly looks too big at around ogre size? Also the design of it looks like Doomsday/a nuclear wasteland mutant, I'm pretty ick with the aesthetic of it for this game (though if I was using it as a nuke-mute I'd love it). The posing also looks a pain for knockdowns/stun. Thoughts?

E99
Experienced
Experienced

Post by E99 »

No problem, mate! Happy to help. :)

As for the choice - I was at the same place as you - I chose RN Estudio and painted them. Then I backed one of the Greebo's kickstarters and could not resist to take their Undead/Necro as well.

RN Estudio Flesh Golems are really huge, but it's understandable - they've moded their Khemri team Tomb Kings into two Flesh Golems and two Mummies (look up the sculpts on their website). Or may be it was the vice versa, don't know which came first. In my photos I've displayed one of the RN Estudio's Flesh Golems and one of theirs Undead Mummies - they are identical sized. Still I haven't had any troubles laying them on the field - fortunately that's not something you'll have to do often with Flesh Golems anyway.

It seems I have forgotten to take pics of the Werewolves of the two teams, I will try to make a quick pic today or tomorrow. I actually chose RN Estudio at first because of the Wolves. They are quite big, but I don't have a problem. On the greebo's team I actually don't use Werewolves #1 and #2 but use #3 and #4 instead.

I think that one of the RN's Fleshies is an exact copy of a horror movie monster, but don't recall which. Their zombies are similar to Iron Maiden Eddie and one of the ghouls is Raziel from Soul Reaver video game (from the Legacy of Kain series). Greebo's are Italy renaissance undead which is quite cool in my opinion.

Anyway, I think both teams are awesome and that's why I have them. :) Take note that if you take the Necro from RN Estudio you'll have only 4 zombies (I've ordered an extra pack of zombies). And their zombies have a tendency to break easily in the ankles - I had to pin 1 and another 2 (the two copies of the zombie standing on one leg) received a ball chained on their legs for more stability.

Quite a rant on my part for which I'm sorry.

DAddenbrooke
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DAddenbrooke »

E99 wrote:No problem, mate! Happy to help. :)
You've been an exemplary help, once again my thanks :)
As for the choice - I was at the same place as you - I chose RN Estudio and painted them. Then I backed one of the Greebo's kickstarters and could not resist to take their Undead/Necro as well. "
I think I've managed to talk myself into a state of complete indecision.

Overall, I like the Greebo team. I think the Flesh Golems are fantastic, I love an actual ghost type thing as the Wight (and also think it quite suits their game role fluff wise), the ghouls are great and so are the zombies.

The only thing stopping me pulling the trigger is scale and style issues and I can't even decide on if there is any issues on that front even when presented with a comparison picture. It's very important to me that there isn't an obvious and glaring style clash. I know the scale is the same, it's just the greebo has that slightly more realistic proportions, do you think it'd present a glaring difference?

The RN Estudio Zombies look both a style and size match for the GW stuff, they are more comic book/cartoony in style which suits the GW stuff, ditto for the ghouls. I am pretty meh on the wights (probably because I really like the idea of a more spectral wight), and the flesh golems are making me react like a vampire presented with a garlic sausage.

Also, resin is better than white metal for playing purposes I assume.
It seems I have forgotten to take pics of the Werewolves of the two teams, I will try to make a quick pic today or tomorrow. I actually chose RN Estudio at first because of the Wolves. They are quite big, but I don't have a problem. On the greebo's team I actually don't use Werewolves #1 and #2 but use #3 and #4 instead.
If you did have a pic for size purposes that'd be fantastic. I really like the werewolf design.

Also great minds must think alike, I was going to buy werewolf 3-4 as well. I like werewolf 1 and 2 as minis, but not the style for this game. How do they size up compared to the GW line?

DAddenbrooke
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DAddenbrooke »

In addition, does anybody have any sizing pics or experience with these minis

http://www.starplayershop.com/gb/necrom ... tures.html

Cheers for any help

E99
Experienced
Experienced

Post by E99 »

Sorry, for the delay. Here is a quick photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.