New Halfling Fantasy Football Miniatures - WTFF!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

WarploqueM
Rookie
Rookie

New Halfling Fantasy Football Miniatures - WTFF!

Post by WarploqueM »

Hey guys!

My name is Alex, and I hand sculpt miniatures! I just thought I would pop along and show you what I've been working on, a brand new Fantasy Football range, Warp Team Fantasy Football, and my first team - The Ram Raiders!

The image limits on here are a pain, so for a full res version click here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxjlg30j8li4z ... p.jpg?dl=0

And here are some sneaky peeks st some of the add on characters that will be part of the campaign!

What do you think, guys? :D

Cheers,

- WarploqueM (Alex)

Reason: ''
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Re: New Halfling Fantasy Football Miniatures - WTFF!

Post by Saebelsultan »

Personally, I love them! They hit my sense of comic style spot on! They have character, they are cleanly sculpted, and they look to be the right size. Good paintjob, too.

I noticed two things though: 1. while I don't mind the ram horns on the helmets, other people might not like them since the horns give the team a too specific look. Maybe make them optional if possible? 2. You need to advertise more! There have been (at least) two good halfling teams already this year so it will be hard to sell some more.

I wish you (and me) all the best for the campaign!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

I love them too!!

I've been following the development of this team elsewhere with interest. If you like these treemen you should see the star player!

All the very best with the campaign, I hope to back this team and I look forward to seeing your fantasy football range expand. :D

GeordieBowl IX 2017 - Wooden Spoon
WarploqueM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WarploqueM »

Thanks for the comments guys :D

I'm really happy you like them! I've been a little nervous about this, as it's my first foray into the already crowed world of Fantasy Football, but I hope that the Kickstarter will go well...

As for the horns - They are sculpted onto the model but can be easily snipped off if people don't like them :)

As for advertising, I'm very keen to do so! Does anyone have any ideas where else I could post? I'm at a bit of a loss... most of my advertising has been done on Facebook...

Cheers!

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

What base size used for the halflings photos? Or publish pics with other references. Maybe pics of greens or primed versions (= no colorful paint, just the shapes, not everyone likes or can paint like that).

Cast in resin as your other minis?

You could try advertising in other national boards (TFF is English/International).

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

WarploqueM wrote: As for advertising, I'm very keen to do so! Does anyone have any ideas where else I could post? I'm at a bit of a loss... most of my advertising has been done on Facebook...

Cheers!
There are spanish, italian, french, german forums to name but a few. From what I figure french, spanish und italians do keep mostly to themselves too, so a notice would probably up the awarness in those areas.
FB is good. Just make sure you have updates, updates, updates.
And be prepared for silly questions and demands. A lot of those. ;-)

Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
WarploqueM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WarploqueM »

Hey guys, thanks for the replies!

@Steam Ball - The miniatures will come with 32mm bases, the same as the new GW BB figures. Here are some pictures to show the size compared to a BB Human!

I will also upload examples of the bare models on the KS page when I take some pictures.

Saebelsultan - Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully I will be able to recruit some fans from those communities to spread the word. I can't imagine they would take kindly to an English guy posting in English XD

Well, it's less than 24 hours to go until the launch! Here is a teaser trailer for the range (I can't get this forum to post videos!)-

https://youtu.be/HkxyTkDV4X8

And here is a sneak peek at the kind of price range -

Cheers, guys. I'm super excited!

- Alex

Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

Great price, hoping to save myself a fiver here! 8)

Those trees are exceptional, I know of a few folk in my league that have expressed interest in them on their own.

The style of this team makes really eager to see what you'll sculpt next for this new range.

Best of luck for tomorrow.

WarploqueM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WarploqueM »

@Tablet - Why thank you, my good man! :D

And your buddies are in luck - I'm actually offering people the option to buy each of the models in the team individually! So they can grab as many Treemen as they desire :)

I have loads more teams in the pipeline if this release goes well, I'm really excited to see what the future of WTFF can bring!

Cheers,

- Alex

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

WarploqueM wrote:And your buddies are in luck - I'm actually offering people the option to buy each of the models in the team individually!
You might want to talk to JBone about doing a KS all by yourself with a load of options for people to choose from. Where JBone did a fantastic job, it cost him a lot of time (wgich is well justified seeing the amount of work that has to go into it) and few grey hairs I suppose. I strongly belive in keeping it simple! I mean, it will go a hell of a lot faster to pack say 200 complete teams and ship out than doing that for 200 individual orders... Just a thought.
Anyways, I am in.

Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
WarploqueM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WarploqueM »

Saebelsultan - Do not worry, my friend! I'm a Kickstarter veteran. I've done 3 before for my fantasy skirmish game, ArcWorlde, so this one will actually be the simplest one I've done yet!

8 hours to go until the big kick off... here's a sneak peek at the Early Birds I'm offering!

See you on the other side! :D

WarploqueM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WarploqueM »

5 hours to go! And to celebrate the launch of the Kickstarter, join me and Spud from Chilling Wargamers at 7.45pm (UK time) on our Launch Day live stream! Have any questions to ask about the Ram Raiders, or what else will be appearing in the WTFF range? Ask away! https://www.facebook.com/events/716008708734793

Cheers!

WarploqueM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WarploqueM »

And we are LIVE. And we are FUNDED! :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wa ... l-miniatur

And let's have a look at some of the stretch goals hit so far...

And plenty more to come! :D

Cheers,

- Alex

dco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dco »

What is the height of the miniatures?

Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

dco wrote:What is the height of the miniatures?
There are images on the campaign page, comparing a fling and a tree to a new GW human lineman. Personally in direct response to your question, I would say the height is really good! :D