BB 2003 free mini

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

BB 2003 mini - love it or hate it?

I love it!
5%
It's OK - would have preferred a player
12%
A bit crap really
46%
We should have got that AND a player
37%

Total votes: 41

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Even though I have to agree with the fact that the coin looks crappy, I still like the idea. Hopefully they get better in the years to come...
And the special edition figure is not a bad idea either to give away...

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

Tim,

Great idea. Now if GW had released say a special 'Zara the Slayer' early to people who did all 6 games but you had to say pay £10 for it then sweet. This figure could be a slightly different pose from the usual 'Zara' so in effect its a limited edition but also it would fit in with the game and encourage those of us who attended to look at the team as well. Also it wouldn't be too hard for GW to make some minor change and this would have encouraged a lot of us to buy it and maybe do a new team. This would have worked for myself alright, I don't need too much encouragement to buy new figures anyway. But after this tournament I've got to say I'm putting all my buying from GW on hold, especially from GW-UK as I believe they're destroying the hobby and we're now here just to be milked! Especially when you add the piece of crap they gave out instead, I mean, how much did it take to produce fokes? Maybe 2p, I suspect probably not even that to be quite honest! Its not collectable at all in my opinion.

Actually after coming back I couldn't even tell you where mine is. I suspect it'll probably break down completely in the washing machine but it just doesn't worry me. This isn't an item I'd be proud to show my friends at all. Oh look from GW gave us at the tournament?

If I'd known this was what was coming at the end after a tournament I'd have to say I didn't enjoy. Bad dice rolls etc on my behalf and an opponent who fielded an illegal team I'd have left after the 3rd game on Saturday and actually enjoyed the Sunday doing ANYTHING else. But I've got to say it was great catching up with friends again and meeting some excellent people for the first time. Oh and if that French Invitational comes about and you feel like inviting a Kiwi, let me know. I'd be most keen to come!

BigD

Fondu77
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Fondu77 »

For my Ol'friends

The most important thing was not the mini finally
I had a great time.... the coin is crappy but as Jervis told us
If you get a mini you can not play.... gutter runner for example....
If you play human it's no use.... so....

Anyway Thanks to everyone for all especially Grumble (playing pool and try to catch bartender already drunk ), longfang (my new scar is my special mini.....), spanish team (TTTTTTTEEENNNCHHU), silvya (bartender), and the bearded lady...., Naf president for his kindness,...., FREN>CH guys (question de principe), big D ( the A answer theory), LORD DEATHWING

Need a drink come back soon

Mainstreaming is a illness.
alligators.eu to buy some of my minis !
Fondu77

Post by Fondu77 »

For my Ol'friends....

The most important thing was not the mini finally
I had a great time.... the coin is crappy but as Jervis told us

Anyway Thanks to everyone for all especially Grumble (playing pool and try to catch bartender already drunk ), longfang (my new scar is my special mini.....), spanish team (TTTTTTTEEENNNCHHU), silvya (bartender), and the bearded lady...., Naf president for his kindness,...., FREN>CH guys (question de principe), big D ( the A answer theory), LORD DEATHWING

Need a drink come back soon

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Heh was certainly 2 of the most entertaining pool games I have played for a while. Hopefully see you french guys again st the french open (if i get a job)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

The "Coin" is a piece of crap.
The tournament pack STATES limited edition figure. The coin does NOT come under my idea of a figure.
A decent fig would have made up a bit for the nightmarish time I had on the boards. This thing was salt in my wounds.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Fondu77

Post by Fondu77 »

Thadrin wrote:The "Coin" is a piece of crap.
The tournament pack STATES limited edition figure. The coin does NOT come under my idea of a figure.
A decent fig would have made up a bit for the nightmarish time I had on the boards. This thing was salt in my wounds.
It does? are you sure?

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Fondu77 wrote: I had a great time.... the coin is crappy but as Jervis told us
Show me one hard core bloodbowl fan who:

(a) Does not play more than one team
(b) Does not have a friend or league mate who plays a different team to them
(c) Does not know of anyone on, say, TBB that they could trade the mini with for something they would use
(d) Would not like a rare figure as a memento of the tournament.

It was the fact they said there would be a limited edition figure that annoys me; that and the fact that there are _so many_ new figures coming out, you think there would be a few rejects that would be appropriate. The coin really smacked of afterthought, the quality of it is quite shoddy, it's more like one of those souvenier coins you get by stretching and stamping a penny in a vending machine.

Maybe it's the ratchet effect - Res had a snazzy gutter runner, the Blood Bowl had a shoddy coin. I have to say though, if they didn't tell us we were getting one we wouldn't feel so short-changed.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

WOW, maybe i´m lucky, i didnt come this year... i mean, just when i´m thinking of a limited not given mini :wink:

He BigD, whats up with your lizzies... wanna see some picts. Someone took a digicamera with and took some picts of the event ? Wanna see some nice minis or some picts of the coach, too. I showed myself painted already... no its your turn ! :roll:

:wink:
Traveller

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Well..truth be told I was a little disappointed. I'm gonna strip and paint the thing, it's still a unique at the end of the day, and I think it'll brush up ok with a little effort. Simply too good a weekend to part with it..hell, if somebody had stuck one on me I'd have cherished the black eye as a reminder.... :wink:
'Resurrection' Gutter Runners were already in existence, and have been offered as prizes elsewhere. Much cooler, but not an exclusive 'event' item.
So, crap and disappointing as it is...I'm already fond of it. :roll:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I was disappointed with the coin, and TBH, the picture Spyke posted on the previous page is a better example than the one I got.

I can understand the idea behind the coin, and if it had been of good quality, I might have liked it more, but it really feels like someone noticed on the Thurs/Fri that they didn't have anything and someone knocked it up in a couple of hours :( :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Fondu77

Post by Fondu77 »

with the travel back to france all the paint just left the coin....
It's a shame this mistic brown was gorgeous....lol :lol:

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Have to admit i'm thinking of strippoing and repainting mine. I'm worried though that when i go to the nitromors, to check on it, it'll have dissolved into the useless pile of tinfoil it was cast from :wink:

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Maybe we could convince one of the more talented sculptors in this forum to do a nice slota base coin stand. I already thought of converting a gobbo to hold up the coin, but one could also think of a frame of laurel where coin clicks in.

x200 could be a nice business as well.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Prehaps a conversion with the coin and the snotling figure thats taking a dump. Seem to fit together :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.