I want your thoughts...

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

What colour should I paint my Lizards?

Poll ended at Fri May 10, 2002 11:05 am

Dark blue skin and yellow scales/crests
26%
Dark green skin and bright red scales/crests
26%
Dark red skin and green scales/crests
32%
Something else (please specify)
16%

Total votes: 19

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Oh..

I've got a load of whfb lizards (you know. the plastic ones from last ed whfb box). Anyone have ideas on how to convert these to BB players?

The Sauruses are easy to clip the weapons off of, but the skinks.. *ponder*.. Perhaps it's time to hone those knife'n'greenstuff skills :)

-- Christer

Reason: ''
FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

From BB Mag1 by Andy Meechan;
SKINKS
Why are the smallest guys the hardest to convert? Perhaps it was my choice of figure- the plastic archers from the WFB bx set. Clip off the bows. You can leave the bow part which merges with the loincloth as it is tricky to remove- paint it in a suitable metallic colour (bronze). The quivers require your full attention as they obscure the back and and arm of the skink. When removing these, don't cut to close to the body as you will need some room for mistakes when sculpting the figure's back and arm. It must be emphasised here once again that you should use a sharp knife when you are sculpting the quiver from the body as this will give added accuracy and safety. The quiver straps can be left on the model; once the quiver is removed the straps can either be sculpted or painted on - the latter being easier, but not as effective as the former"

HTH! :D

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

cool, thank you.

I'm surprised he used that particular skink though.. The other one is easier.. The bow only touches the back of the leg instead of the loincloth..

Anyway, I'm happily carving along here.. I've taken off the bow and am now working with the quiver part, which is _much_ harder.

Haven't destroyed the mini yet though.. ;)

-- Christer

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

No problem. Keep us informed how you get on.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

.. Quite a bit of work later...

The last two images give a rather messy impression but it really looks a bit smoother than that in real life. The scanner isn't particularly good at displaying depth :)

-- Christer