Painting team

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

When you're painting a team...

You try to make it the closest to the BB teams
7%
You are under Milan AC, Lakers, 49ers influence
9%
You want to make your own colour scheme
83%

Total votes: 54

SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

I tend to go with my own schemes. My Choas Dwarfs are Dark Blue and Deep Red, and their "metal" is really blackish, almost like they've spent the whole day in a BBQ! I must admit that I might paint the plastic humans like the Montreal Canadiens though, (Red jersey edition)! Go! Habs Go!

Tell me you know about the Canadiens, even out there in Europe ! :cry:

I know about the Olympique de Marseille and the Manchester United, even a little bit about the Juventus and the Real Madrid! Please...

Fred :wink:

Reason: ''
LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Don't the Habs, like, suck?
(Officially a Pens fan, mostly because he's a Steelers fanatic, but also because the Missus was in school with their Goalie...and yes they suck too.)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

They used to, but they're on their way up! Two playoff rounds this year, the Stanley Cup in less than five! The Maple Leafs will start to suck when Curtis Joseph leaves this Summer!

Sorry Anthony! :wink:

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
Lahatiel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lahatiel »

A little bit of everything... my Dark Elves are maize and blue, but that's due to the influence of the Michigan Wolverines, not the Darkside Cowboys. In other cases, I try to stay away from the colors of the official GW teams. These are my own teams, dammit! And while it's hard to find a color scheme that's not already used somewhere, they're not really influences. My 2E humans might be red & gold, but I don't care about the 49ers, or Seminoles, or any other team with those colors.

For the person who wanted a second color besides black for Dark Elves, I second the nomination of purple. If at all possible, try to find the pics from the 2E rulebooks of Khain's Killers, a 2E Dark Elf team with that scheme; looked pretty sharp.

And as far as hockey goes, none of the rest of that matters, since the Cup's coming back home to Hockeytown where it belongs! :) Don't let the 'Los Angeles' in my profile fool you, I'm 100% Detroit born-and-bread. After 27 years in Motown, one of the sad things about heading out west 6 months ago is the utter apathy towards the sport. But hey, as long as I get ESPN and ABC I'm good to go, my friends just know not to bother me on game night! ;)

ScottTBBF
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ScottTBBF »

I like to work a combination of NFL teams and WHFB lore into team names.

Some of my teams from years past and present:

Green Bay Packrats (skaven team based on Green Bay Packers of the NFL, looked neat with Green/Gold/White colour scheme against brown fur)

Tzeentch Titans (chaos team based on Tennessee Titans, with a dark Blue/light blue/white/red scheme)

Tiranoc Rams (High Elf team based on St. Louis Rams, gold/blue/white...)

Stavgard Wolves (Norse team, on an original theme... an exception to my preference, but they looked DAMN cool with wolf pelts on every blitzer... pics are in the gallery of TBBF.ORG)

I was also considering Chrace Lions and/or Lothern Seahawks for my latest High Elf team, but despite how nicely this would jibe with WHFB 'history', I couldn't bring myself to do it due to the lameness of these two teams in the NFL...)

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Oi! I warned you about dissing the Lions. :cry:

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
jeffzimm1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeffzimm1 »

I have about 15 painted teams and I try to model the teams on the NFL teams, of course modifying the name to match the Warhammer world. The only team that doesn't really match-up with an NFL team is the undead team. I fell back on the basic black there.

"Never, NEVER, disturb a Minotaur while he's eating!"

Coach Tad Bloodthrasher after he tried to get his Starplayer to get his mind back on the game. (He was lucky. He only lost an arm).
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

jeffzimm1 wrote:I have about 15 painted teams and I try to model the teams on the NFL teams, of course modifying the name to match the Warhammer world. The only team that doesn't really match-up with an NFL team is the undead team. I fell back on the basic black there.
hi Jeff,

15 painted teams, you're a boss ! I should have around 25/30 teams, and I must admit a very few o fminis are painted (I often reet my paintjob, and retart it form zero :puke: ).

I would be very interested in seeing your teams pics, if possible (via scann or snapshots). PLease feel free to send me a pm in order I give you my email address for them, or if you could put a link here, it would be great.

jeffzimm1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeffzimm1 »

I'm working on a website. Next on my purchase list is a digital camera. As soon as I have 'em up and running. I'll throw out a link.

It'll be interesting. A lot of figs (and not just BB) from the late 80's/early 90's. My favorites are The older BGs and dark elves, and in WH and WH40K. I always get a wow when I pull out my orc regiment from the Marauder line that has a mongol look with oriental style plate armor. Plus the space marines and chaos space marines from the hardbound rules era.

"Never, NEVER, disturb a Minotaur while he's eating!"

Coach Tad Bloodthrasher after he tried to get his Starplayer to get his mind back on the game. (He was lucky. He only lost an arm).
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

As Lahatiel will second GO WINGS :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.